• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want the Falcons to win, they haven't won anything for some time.

Same here. I want the Falcons to win. Atlanta have won one championship and that was the Braves in 1995. So I'm rooting for Matt Ryan and Company.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's just it. Had he made a decision, and finalized it by now, it would've been an Anthony Lynn/Sean McDermott/Vance Joseph type of guy. Now...some of those guys may pan out, but I believe most would think a hire like that would be SF 'settling' or getting the only guy who would take the job. York would be destroyed by most because most would think we'd be in the same situation in another year or two.

I believe in the end, any guy they get now would be closer in stature to those guys mentioned above vs. how much higher Shanahan is over said guys.

Part of me agrees with your Paraag Marathe scenario, but there is also another part that says he's the next whipping boy for all things negative 49er.

This makes sense. They have the close the deal. With Marathe, it is on York. If Marathe's function is just crunching cap numbers, there isn't an issue. But if York is going to rely on someone at the top, he would be much better off with someone that has a football background.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want the Falcons to win, they haven't won anything for some time.

I agree, but then again part of me wants to see Roger Goodell have to give the Lombardi trophy to the Patriots just because I can't stand the guy.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but then again part of me wants to see Roger Goodell have to give the Lombardi trophy to the Patriots just because I can't stand the guy.

How ironic would that be! He would probably call in sick!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have a second interview with McDonough from Arizona for the GM job n Saturday. I didn't know that he interned with the 49ers back in 1989

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I want the Falcons to win. Atlanta have won one championship and that was the Braves in 1995. So I'm rooting for Matt Ryan and Company.
I gotta go with the Patriots. They are amazing. Probabaly the best franchise in any sport.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with the Patriots. They are amazing. Probabaly the best franchise in any sport.

What they have done in the cap era is amazing. Of course it's nice to have Brady at the helm. But it's the coaching that really amazes me. The Patriots are able to adjust to any team they play. The players know their role and they really play for each other. They execute the game plan to perfection. They have won at least 10 games for 15 straight seasons and will tie the 49ers record of 16 next year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they have done in the cap era is amazing. Of course it's nice to have Brady at the helm. But it's the coaching that really amazes me. The Patriots are able to adjust to any team they play. The players know their role and they really play for each other. They execute the game plan to perfection. They have won at least 10 games for 15 straight seasons and will tie the 49ers record of 16 next year.
If you get an opportunity, watch the ESPN program about the Patriots 2014 championship season called "Do Your Job". It will be clear to you why this team is so successful. Every detail of every game is covered thoroughly and they leave nothing to chance. It also shows you what type of player they go after and how that helps their
"team first" concept. It is amazing.
Of course, you mentioned the "Brady" factor and that is clearly true. Look at Chris Hogan for example, he gets cut in Miami, cut in Buffalo and he comes to New England and is a star. At least part of that has got to be that he has Brady throwing the ball to him.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get an opportunity, watch the ESPN program about the Patriots 2014 championship season called "Do Your Job". It will be clear to you why this team is so successful. Every detail of every game is covered thoroughly and they leave nothing to chance. It also shows you what type of player they go after and how that helps their
"team first" concept. It is amazing.
Of course, you mentioned the "Brady" factor and that is clearly true. Look at Chris Hogan for example, he gets cut in Miami, cut in Buffalo and he comes to New England and is a star. At least part of that has got to be that he has Brady throwing the ball to him.

Thanks. It's amazing the chemistry Brady has with his receivers. He doesn't miss a beat. You mentioned Hogan, what a game he had against the Steelers. Then there's Dion Lewis who is always ready and prepared when he gets the opportunity. I don't really care for the Patriots, but they are the epitome of "excellence".

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. It's amazing the chemistry Brady has with his receivers. He doesn't miss a beat. You mentioned Hogan, what a game he had against the Steelers. Then there's Dion Lewis who is always ready and prepared when he gets the opportunity. I don't really care for the Patriots, but they are the epitome of "excellence".
Don't forget Edelmann. Brady has helped make him a star as well. There is a really funny part of "Do Your Job" concerning Edelmann. It shows you the type of team chemistry they have there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I want to see more than anything else.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me, don't care about the Goodell/Kraft exchange. Don't have a problem with those who want to see it, but i really don't care.

i want Atlanta to win because they haven't won much in history.

Next, i'd rather not see New England and Tom Brady, win more SB's. I want history to still consider the 49ers/Montana as having a great run, just as good as any team in history. New England/Brady may have already passed everyone else, but don't want to create more separation.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Shanahan not intimidated by 49ers instability

After reading this, seems like Shanahan is a done deal. So now it is about the GM he's most comfortable with? But this is easier said than done too, because unless two guys have previously worked together in some meaningful way, how do you REALLY know? Especially in the midst of poor seasons to come, and the hundreds of decisions to come, how do you really know?

So they'll get who they think is the best GM that fits, but no guarantees. As we know all too well, even winning (2011 to 2013) can't stem really bad working relationships. :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is also the issue of power in San Francisco. "The 49ers' situation, obviously, hasn't been ironed out yet, but every sense is that Kyle Shanahan is going to have at least as much – if not the – power, the trigger as it were, in San Francisco."

While Shanahan is a brilliant offensive mind, there have been scattered reports that he has not been the easiest person to get along with in the past. Of course, there have also been reports that Shanahan has learned from that and has actually improved in recent years.

"The cons is that he hasn't been the easiest guy to get along with," Barrows said. "He did not make a lot of friends in Washington for example and that may be getting around. GMs may be wary of not only coming in and working under a Kyle Shanahan, but the type of relationship that they'd have where the personality is like Kyle Shanahan has." - See more at: http://www.************.com/article...-about-working-shanahan/#sthash.Ese2fDd0.dpuf

Geezus?!

No personality is perfect, but you don't want this kind of reputation, period.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the issue of power in San Francisco. "The 49ers' situation, obviously, hasn't been ironed out yet, but every sense is that Kyle Shanahan is going to have at least as much – if not the – power, the trigger as it were, in San Francisco."

While Shanahan is a brilliant offensive mind, there have been scattered reports that he has not been the easiest person to get along with in the past. Of course, there have also been reports that Shanahan has learned from that and has actually improved in recent years.

"The cons is that he hasn't been the easiest guy to get along with," Barrows said. "He did not make a lot of friends in Washington for example and that may be getting around. GMs may be wary of not only coming in and working under a Kyle Shanahan, but the type of relationship that they'd have where the personality is like Kyle Shanahan has." - See more at: http://www.************.com/article...-about-working-shanahan/#sthash.Ese2fDd0.dpuf

Geezus?!

No personality is perfect, but you don't want this kind of reputation, period.

GAH...maybe he was trying to distance himself from pops here and be his own man? He seems to have found himself in favor in the ATL, which also may be a product of success with superior talent (fingers crossed/I hope).

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us were all aboard either McDaniels or Shanahan, and we all know about McDaniels' past history, so I think as of now this is a non issue with Shanahan. If this 'news' is basically all from the Washington days, which Barrows specifically states when talking bout how easy or not he is to get along with, then it really is a non-issue as that whole Snyder/Mike/Kyle/Griffin scenario was laughable.

Then again....it could explain why some of these potential GM's dropped out (and are considering the Colts job?).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think most of us were all aboard either McDaniels or Shanahan, and we all know about McDaniels' past history, so I think as of now this is a non issue with Shanahan. If this 'news' is basically all from the Washington days, which Barrows specifically states when talking bout how easy or not he is to get along with, then it really is a non-issue as that whole Snyder/Mike/Kyle/Griffin scenario was laughable.

Then again....it could explain why some of these potential GM's dropped out (and are considering the Colts job?).

this is what came to my mind

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what came to my mind

Shanahan looks to be full go. Now I've read from John Clayton that Paton might prefer the Colt job vs SF's because of a familiarity with the culture and climate and such, and could remove his name. I say fine...go get McDonough and be done with. And if not him, then Dominik, whose name recently popped up.

SF may be 3 or 4 GM's past what they wanted, but it looks like the HC was nailed, and he'll be the face of the franchise. Right now, it's a good face to have, and I'll roll with it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly but Andrew Luck is a strong reason to consider the Colts job, it's not like their owner isn't a lunatic that's usually high on something or drunk.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly but Andrew Luck is a strong reason to consider the Colts job, it's not like their owner isn't a lunatic that's usually high on something or drunk.

Definitely. A franchise QB that the rest of the franchise is seemingly hell bent on destroying certainly needs another direction. In today's game, you've got 50% of your problems solved if your QB is Andrew Luck.