• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agent rumors

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought would that Dalton would be our Trent Dilfer or something. Good to have as a backup plan but not something that'll move the needle. Championship aspirations will only be realized if we grabbed a top half QB some other way (at a very high cost no less) or a switch gets flipped inside Trubisky and he suddenly becomes a guy worth a high 1st rounder. That's just as likely to happen as Dalton leading us to a superbowl, both of which qualifying as "unlikely."

You raise an interesting topic.

Trying to remember the last QB drafted high that started slow and flipped on the switch and became worth the draft status. Aikman off the top of my head, but I'm struggling to name another one....maybe Alex Smith?

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trying to remember the last QB drafted high that started slow and flipped on the switch and became worth the draft status. Aikman off the top of my head, but I'm struggling to name another one....maybe Alex Smith?
Alex Smith might qualify. There's a chance Trubisky kinda figures it out... enough to be functional anyway. The O line was terrible last year especially in the run game so that didn't do any favors. No competent tight end, some weird playcalling, starters not playing in the preseason. It seemed Nagy tried to keep Trubisky in bubble wrap for the first half of the season before he Trubisky started using his legs again, then he was a little better.

That's why it doesn't make any sense to break the bank on a middling veteran to take the starting job. Let's get a firm, indisputable upgrade to start over Trubisky otherwise grab a vet that you know you'll get solid but unspectacular production out of and give Trubisky maybe the first 4 games to show he's learned something. If not, write him off and rely on the vet for the rest of the year and maybe the following year before trying to bring along another draft pick or something.

I think the only shot the Bears have at getting a nice upgrade is if the Raiders sign Brady and then would trade Carr to us for Trubisky + some picks or something.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about a guy that played for the Steelers in the 70’s......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith might qualify. There's a chance Trubisky kinda figures it out... enough to be functional anyway. The O line was terrible last year especially in the run game so that didn't do any favors. No competent tight end, some weird playcalling, starters not playing in the preseason. It seemed Nagy tried to keep Trubisky in bubble wrap for the first half of the season before he Trubisky started using his legs again, then he was a little better.

That's why it doesn't make any sense to break the bank on a middling veteran to take the starting job. Let's get a firm, indisputable upgrade to start over Trubisky otherwise grab a vet that you know you'll get solid but unspectacular production out of and give Trubisky maybe the first 4 games to show he's learned something. If not, write him off and rely on the vet for the rest of the year and maybe the following year before trying to bring along another draft pick or something.

I think the only shot the Bears have at getting a nice upgrade is if the Raiders sign Brady and then would trade Carr to us for Trubisky + some picks or something.

Matt Ryan didn't really start slow, actually put up okay #s, but couldn't win big games...definitely grew into the draft slot.

Trubisky...haven't really seen enough of him to know if he will turn the corner. 41 starts...he should know what he's doing back there now. Not sure if the OFC around him is playoff ready, but it's do or die for him in CHI.

I can see that with the Raiders/Brady. Not his biggest fan, but Rivers is a clear upgrade.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not his biggest fan, but Rivers is a clear upgrade.
For what he'll cost, there's no way we could afford him. Well, we could but then there would be so little left to address the other areas of need.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Packers are tired of Graham.

GOOD

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what he'll cost, there's no way we could afford him. Well, we could but then there would be so little left to address the other areas of need.

I think that's why Dalton is being mentioned...attractive cap hit for a starting QB.

The Bears are most likely going to grin and bear through this season with Mitch and position themselves for a new starter in '21 if he underwhelms again.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Witten : Jason Witten open to signing with new team

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Packers are tired of Graham.

GOOD
If I remember correctly Graham is not a good blocker for a TE. A true TE has to be a good blocker in the NFL.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Eagles are going to make a strong pricey push to sign Byron Jones. Mixed feelings about it. Worst fears being it would be another Nnamdi high priced FA CB that then loses everything when he comes to the Eagles or another ex-Cowboy who is a disaster on the Eagles.

If they sign him and he doesn't turn into a bust signing then it would be huge for the Eagles though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly Graham is not a good blocker for a TE. A true TE has to be a good blocker in the NFL.

Graham has always been an oversized WR, just a matchup nightmare (at least with the Saints). Must have been a Drew Brees thing to some degree, as Graham hasn't done exceptionally well since.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Eagles are going to make a strong pricey push to sign Byron Jones. Mixed feelings about it. Worst fears being it would be another Nnamdi high priced FA CB that then loses everything when he comes to the Eagles or another ex-Cowboy who is a disaster on the Eagles.

If they sign him and he doesn't turn into a bust signing then it would be huge for the Eagles though.
I dont think he will be a bust. Think he will play just dine. Also think he will be way overpriced however. So if you have plenty of extra cash to blow. The signing wouldnt hurt you. If you end up tight on cash then it might.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he will be a bust. Think he will play just dine. Also think he will be way overpriced however. So if you have plenty of extra cash to blow. The signing wouldnt hurt you. If you end up tight on cash then it might.

This is all true. If he can just be what he was in Dallas the last two years without any further leap forward I think I would be happy enough with that even at the contract the Eagles will have to give in order to sign him. CB has been such a huge gaping hole weakness for the franchise since they moved on from Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel. They could spend as much on an assortment of CBs instead of the contract they give him and none of those CBs really work out just like all the other corners they have signed, traded for and drafted over the past 11 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3