• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agent rumors

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, cool, a thread about free agent rumors!

(skims thread)

nevermind.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few for the Broncos...

They are going to go hard after Byron Jones as their top target in FA. I know there are a few others looking at him so price could get interesting.

Broncos are also close to a deal with Derek Wolfe and plan on also signing Justin Simmons to a long-term deal.

They will be attacking the FA market for DL talent. I know they made a phone call to the Jags about trading for Campbell but I think they will wait until he is cut as to not have to take on his contract.

I'm a little surprised Campbell escaped the axe the last yr...still a solid pass rusher, but way too expensive on a team winning so few games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh anyone is an upgrade over Mitch but are they really improvements to the QB position that would make them a better team? Probably not.
I think dalton actually might , call me crazy. Just need to Make the basics and run nagys offense. Not win the games. Mariota-no

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed pays I think is a better term. Rarely does it hold The value placed on it.

Speed definitely pays...

KC, with Meco Hardman and Tyreek Hill would argue that it kills too...:D.

As far as holding the value...I think guys like Wallace carry heavier cap numbers than they should for most of their careers actually. Wallace was over paid in MIN, and WAS & Tampa over paid DJax...if you can still fly...you can still make it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed definitely pays...

KC, with Meco Hardman and Tyreek Hill would argue that it kills too...:D.

As far as holding the value...I think guys like Wallace carry heavier cap numbers than they should for most of their careers actually. Wallace was over paid in MIN, and WAS & Tampa over paid DJax...if you can still fly...you can still make it.
hill yes, hes the exception, but again, with hardman, like djax, here and there it kills but........26 catches, 538 yards, 6tds. I mean not bad for a rookie. Nice TD's. But for a whole season, so what...... Same with DJax. Thats always been my argument. He will win you 2 games..........14 others, meh, lose you some too. His catch % is loooow, and he doesnt catch many passes, and really only cracked 1k yards a few .

hill is rare in that he has a route tree

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hill yes, hes the exception, but again, with hardman, like djax, here and there it kills but........26 catches, 538 yards, 6tds. I mean not bad for a rookie. Nice TD's. But for a whole season, so what...... Same with DJax. Thats always been my argument. He will win you 2 games..........14 others, meh, lose you some too. His catch % is loooow, and he doesnt catch many passes, and really only cracked 1k yards a few .

hill is rare in that he has a route tree

Boy...could PIT have used two more wins last season!

In most positions outside of the OFC/DEF lines...there is no substitute for speed in football, but especially the WR position.

It doesn't mean you can play, but it does mean you will get every chance to prove that you can't.

As far as the catch %, etc...longer passes are lower percentage.

Coming in the middle here maybe I'm not understanding your point, but if your point is speed is overrated...I agree that teams over pay for it, but they way speed effects a DEF is telling...if you have that burner...the opponent knows he's a burner, this guy effects the game with only a few targets....they have to be able to catch some of them.

As evident...Sammie Coates and Martavious Bryant...both were fast...Bryant and could actually catch the ball.

Marty definitely contributed to Juju's success his rookie yr....MB, could've had a nice long career in PIT if he could've stay off the weed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs reportedly is not happy with Cousins as QB.

Old news.

giphy.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy...could PIT have used two more wins last season!

In most positions outside of the OFC/DEF lines...there is no substitute for speed in football, but especially the WR position.

It doesn't mean you can play, but it does mean you will get every chance to prove that you can't.

As far as the catch %, etc...longer passes are lower percentage.

Coming in the middle here maybe I'm not understanding your point, but if your point is speed is overrated...I agree that teams over pay for it, but they way speed effects a DEF is telling...if you have that burner...the opponent knows he's a burner, this guy effects the game with only a few targets....they have to be able to catch some of them.

As evident...Sammie Coates and Martavious Bryant...both were fast...Bryant and could actually catch the ball.

Marty definitely contributed to Juju's success his rookie yr....MB, could've had a nice long career in PIT if he could've stay off the weed.
I agree . It I think what I'm trying to say is it's overpriced for the production.

it's also how teams use said speed. We used thy speed as our wr 3-4. Djax is relief on as a 1-2. Your losing a lot of potential production that way imho. Maybe I'm not making sense. It's hard to type it all out on my phone.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, definitely true. But still better than mitch lol

I don't blame them for not giving up on him yet, but CHI is going to have to upgrade Trubisky. The Red Rifle is not a bad stop gap until they find him, but don't expect to win any games in JAN.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame them for not giving up on him yet, but CHI is going to have to upgrade Trubisky. The Red Rifle is not a bad stop gap until they find him, but don't expect to win any games in JAN.
I don't either. It's a terrible spot to be in. Because that d.....you can't kee it together long..... u gotta win now. But you invested so much in Mitch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree . It I think what I'm trying to say is it's overpriced for the production.

it's also how teams use said speed. We used thy speed as our wr 3-4. Djax is relief on as a 1-2. Your losing a lot of potential production that way imho. Maybe I'm not making sense. It's hard to type it all out on my phone.

Well...yes and no.

If you have a 1 track pony, but he's really really good (Randy Moss was a limited route tree player)...production may not suffer, but a lot of times it does.

Generally speaking...No question, if your WR1 is a one trick deep ball guy, your OFC will struggle. Guys with the complete route tree are mandatory to keep the chains moving.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either. It's a terrible spot to be in. Because that d.....you can't kee it together long..... u gotta win now. But you invested so much in Mitch.

Exactly...you nail some draft picks and the DEF is ready to compete for a title but the QB you invested a ton in is not.

Ironic we're looking at Dalton as the guy to rescue the Bears, but it wasn't too long ago the Bengals were in pretty much the same position....with Dalton.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...you nail some draft picks and the DEF is ready to compete for a title but the QB you invested a ton in is not.

Ironic we're looking at Dalton as the guy to rescue the Bears, but it wasn't too long ago the Bengals were in pretty much the same position....with Dalton.
The thought would that Dalton would be our Trent Dilfer or something. Good to have as a backup plan but not something that'll move the needle. Championship aspirations will only be realized if we grabbed a top half QB some other way (at a very high cost no less) or a switch gets flipped inside Trubisky and he suddenly becomes a guy worth a high 1st rounder. That's just as likely to happen as Dalton leading us to a superbowl, both of which qualifying as "unlikely."