• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Frenzy thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wow. a young player, from 25 goals to PTO in three seasons.
that's rough.

it should be noted however, that 25 goals and 53 points are both career milestones that Tyler Bozak has yet to reach, and the leafs gave him a 5 year deal at $4m+

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. a young player, from 25 goals to PTO in three seasons.
that's rough.

it should be noted however, that 25 goals and 53 points are both career milestones that Tyler Bozak has yet to reach, and the leafs gave him a 5 year deal at $4m+

So you're thinking Mason gets $5MM per from the loafs?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Holmgren...I don't understand you.

Dan Cleary to the Flyers for 2.75m/yr, 3 years.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly me, forgot to mention...that deal includes a NTC

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winging it in Motown used this to describe Cleary deal...and I think it's a fair usage.
wuhwhat.gif

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the Daniel Cleary signing was a good move by the Flyers. Sort of wanted my Pens to sign him in fact.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it on the Flyers board but I have to thing other pieces are already in motion with this signing. If not maybe Homer (with our forseeable cap "problems") is trying to help Hexy get promoted? Please don't get me wrong Cleary is a damn good player even at his age, it's just this doesn't seem to make much sense right now knowing what we have in our system and having the option to bring in Gagne or another F for a lower cap hit.

So in summary :wtf2:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it on the Flyers board but I have to thing other pieces are already in motion with this signing. If not maybe Homer (with our forseeable cap "problems") is trying to help Hexy get promoted? Please don't get me wrong Cleary is a damn good player even at his age, it's just this doesn't seem to make much sense right now knowing what we have in our system and having the option to bring in Gagne or another F for a lower cap hit.

So in summary :wtf2:

I like Cleary too...giving him a shot is not the confusing part at all. It's the whole 34 year old, 3 year contract, 2.75M when you don't have money, already have too many players, NTC thing that's confusing. I dunno...Holmgren just confuses me some times. As far as the cap goes, I think the Flyers will figure it out. With Prongers $$$ coming off, and the removal of a few unnecessary Dmen, they'll get it. Of course, what they really plan to do with those Dmen is beyond me. They apparently think putting Hal Gill on the blueline will HELP.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cleary too...giving him a shot is not the confusing part at all. It's the whole 34 year old, 3 year contract, 2.75M when you don't have money, already have too many players, NTC thing that's confusing. I dunno...Holmgren just confuses me some times. As far as the cap goes, I think the Flyers will figure it out. With Prongers $$$ coming off, and the removal of a few unnecessary Dmen, they'll get it. Of course, what they really plan to do with those Dmen is beyond me. They apparently think putting Hal Gill on the blueline will HELP.

The way I see it is that the 3 year length is insignificant with him being under 35 because if he retires or gets injured it doesn't stay on the books. The NTC is ridiculous IMO and should never have been given out, that said we still need to see what kind of NTC it actually is because Cleary is the type of player some teams may actually try to target come the trade deadline. I'm thinking this means Talbot is probably being moved in all honesty. I know both he and Coburn were linked to MTL earlier for shit the Flyers didn't want/need so maybe that has changed. I could also see this being a very attractive package for EDM at this point and they have tons of organizational depth & the cap space to take on this types of contracts (I think this would make EDM a much better team, but that's just my humble opinion).

I am relatively sure by waiving a few guys and maybe demoting 1-2 players for a day that the Flyers will be cap compliant when Pronger goes on ltir. I just don't really see how this helps the long term problems we're currently staring at, then again when has Flyers management ever looked past the upcoming season?

It might just be because it's late and I'm exhausted and unable to sleep but I just can't really figure this particular move out knowing who we have in or system now unless another trade is coming...

Also if Hal Gill makes this team by some miracle I'm going to hire a midget to junk punch Homer repeatedly while I hold him in place (wearing a cup, you know in case the midget has bad aim).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if Hal Gill makes this team by some miracle I'm going to hire a midget to junk punch Homer repeatedly while I hold him in place (wearing a cup, you know in case the midget has bad aim).

Hmm, I think Hal Gill could be good on the Flyers. He's no doubt slow, but he has great presence in front of his own net and can be a good mentor to the younger players. Actually wouldn't mind my Pens getting Hal Gill for the 3rd line this season. Not sayin' I'm right & you're wrong, we're all entitled to our opinions, but I think you should be more open minded about Hal Gill, could be a very good 3rd liner for the Flyers IMO.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he could be very good for the 3rd line duties. Look who they got on the 3rd line right now. Meszaros, Grossmann, Gervais, Gustafsson, & Bourdon. I think Gill brings more to the ice than any of those guys. I could actually see a Gill-Lauridsen 3rd defensive paring being very good for the Flyers.

D1: Timonen - Schenn
D2 - Streit - Coburn
D3 - Lauridsen - Gill

Not a bad blue line IMO.