• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Frenzy thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Seriously though, I wonder what kind of offer would make the Leafs walk away from given their self-imposed cap stress.

Might be interesting for a team looking for an offensive centre with many good years to come.

they have less than $5m to sign Kadri and Franson.
It can be done if they both cooperate, but someone could fuck with them for sure.

might be nice to see Nonis turn tomato red at that press conference.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Montreal Canadiens have reached an agreement in principle with free agent defenceman Douglas Murray on a one-year contract worth $1.5 million. The 33-year-old Swede split last season between the San Jose Sharks and Pittsburgh Penguins, scoring one goal and adding five assists in 43 games.

For some reason I was still thinking it was 2011 :L..... When I read that he signed with the Canadians I thought OMG just imagine the pairing of Murray and Gill. You might actually believe you were watching a game in slow motion.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still hope to sign Gill in MTL. It would be like going back in time without all the skill or speed (relative speed).

I like the Grabo deal for the Caps. For a skilled center, I think I like that deal for most teams. They really needed a player like him. After last year in Toronto, it's tough for me not to wish him well. I think he'll have a solid bounce back season but I wouldn't put my money on it.

Less than 6 weeks to go and lots of players left to sign floating around. I wonder if we'll see a few more minor trades.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Former "Brodeur's replacement" a few years ago Jeff Frazee signed with Valpellice in the Italian league.

man, he was good for the US in the WJHC.
I was convinced he was the real deal

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
@43_Kadri 2h
@DavidAlter590 ur stories r so inaccurate it's actually humorous #badcred

dun dun dunnnnnn

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former "Brodeur's replacement" a few years ago Jeff Frazee signed with Valpellice in the Italian league.

man, he was good for the US in the WJHC.
I was convinced he was the real deal

For years he was talked about as the successor and for whatever reason never made it to the pros. He had some solid years in the AHL.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam "The Truth" Henrique, re-signed 6 years, $24 million. Great deal for a potential first line center heading into his prime years.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam "The Truth" Henrique, re-signed 6 years, $24 million. Great deal for a potential first line center heading into his prime years.

Yeah, I like his play, kinda surprised he signed for that length of term, but this could work out to be a fine bargain for New Jersey down the road.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like his play, kinda surprised he signed for that length of term, but this could work out to be a fine bargain for New Jersey down the road.

Basically gave up 2 potential free agent years for the deal....I'm very happy.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RealKyper: Confirming 36M for #Blackhawks G Crawford new 6 year deal.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RealKyper: Confirming 36M for #Blackhawks G Crawford new 6 year deal.

I think the Blackhawks overpaid for Crawford, but he deserves it. Gotta show some loyalty to a goalie that won you the Cup. Didn't like how they let Niemi go in spite of him winning them their first Cup in 48 years as a rookie goalie, glad they gave proper respect to Crawford.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder what the Rask and Crawford deals will do for Lundqvist's value and then subsequently Schneider's value.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is one of the goalies who has had the most height chopped off his pads (2 inches) as the nhl goes to new smaller sized goalie equipment this coming season

He even makes the comment that he himself thinks the new pads wont be as effective for his style

I love it!

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]374571312888295424[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's an awful signing by the hawks in my opinion. the hawks defense made him look waaay better than he actually is. It seemed like he let in a soft goal almost every game in the playoffs.

Could end up being the next marc andre fleury

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's an awful signing by the hawks in my opinion. the hawks defense made him look waaay better than he actually is. It seemed like he let in a soft goal almost every game in the playoffs.

I agree to a degree. He's a decent goalie who looks great with a great D in front of him.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's solid mechanically and seems to let adversity roll off his back. But still, he is young and has had *a* good season. 6 years is a risk for any goalie at his experience level.

Yes, I know Bobrovsky is about to get a deal that long at the end of this season (probably). And if it comes after a cup, I will not complain one bit.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's solid mechanically and seems to let adversity roll off his back. But still, he is young and has had *a* good season. 6 years is a risk for any goalie at his experience level.

Yes, I know Bobrovsky is about to get a deal that long at the end of this season (probably). And if it comes after a cup, I will not complain one bit.

its a lot of money for a guy who has had one good season and a shortened one at that in front of one of the best defenses in the league. He looked shaky quite a few times during the playoffs. IMO they would have been better off spending that money elsewhere, especially since they have already proven they can win with a mediocre goalie and they already signed highly regarded antti raanta from Finland earlier in the offseason.

If bobrovsky can repeat his performance from last season, I would have no problem with signing him to this kind of contract.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a lot of money for a guy who has had one good season and a shortened one at that in front of one of the best defenses in the league. He looked shaky quite a few times during the playoffs. IMO they would have been better off spending that money elsewhere, especially since they have already proven they can win with a mediocre goalie and they already signed highly regarded antti raanta from Finland earlier in the offseason.

If bobrovsky can repeat his performance from last season, I would have no problem with signing him to this kind of contract.

I have to disagree with this. Corey Crawford has put up very good numbers each of the past 3 seasons. That mediocre goalie the Blackhawks won the Cup with before turned out to be one of the best goalies in the league last year, so the contract would be totally worth it if Crawford ends up being like Niemi down the road. Also don't forget that Carey Price has been in the league longer than Crawford, hasn't achieved anything that Crawford hasn't, yet Price is the 3rd highest paid goalie in the league, so if Price is entitled to $39 million over 6 years, Crawford is also entitled $36 over 6 years. Maybe it's not the best deal for a goalie, but I think he deserves it considering what he's done for the franchise.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder what the Rask and Crawford deals will do for Lundqvist's value and then subsequently Schneider's value.

If he could put up the same numbers with the Devils as he did with the Canucks, I think Cory Schneider gets somewhere between $6 million & $6.5 million per year. Read that Henrik Lundqvist is asking for as much as $8.4 million over 8 years. I understand that he's the "King of New York" and all but that amount is absolutely ridiculous. I personally don't think any goalie in the league is worth paying more than $6.8 million. After that, it never seems to work out well for the team or the goalie. At the same time, I see the Rangers going as high as $7.8 million, doubt if they give him $8.4 million.