• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Frenzy thread

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid level is fine, but Dallas; Buffalo; Tampa Bay; Florida; Carolina; and PHOENIX all are ranked higher.

You really gonna tell me Phoenix has more fans than NJ? Either way, the comments section is mostly great with support from all the teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid level is fine, but Dallas; Buffalo; Tampa Bay; Florida; Carolina; and PHOENIX all are ranked higher.

You really gonna tell me Phoenix has more fans than NJ? Either way, the comments section is mostly great with support from all the teams.

Oh no, but i dont think that's what he's trying to say either though. Fans are just a part of the ranking. Location (newark isn't the greatest), and financial situation go in to the rankings too. Buffalo beats them in fans, Tampa/Florida beat them in location and tampa seems to be a little more financially solid since the new dude bought them, and carolina beats them in location and financially situation.

phoenix being above anyone in a list of 'desirable hockey locations' is a joke though. bad fan support, awful financial situation, should've moved 5 years ago, and it's a damn desert.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils play in Newark, not Trenton. And most players live 10 minutes away from NYC. Newark itself is 20 minutes away from the city. So the location argument isn't a good one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils play in Newark, not Trenton. And most players live 10 minutes away from NYC. Newark itself is 20 minutes away from the city. So the location argument isn't a good one.

ha ya, woops.. i edited but you beat me to it :L

i'd still take florida over NYC though, but i'm not a big city guy

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYC is the worst. Ok to visit, but never live. Which is why alot of people work in the city but live in Bergen country. Which is also why our taxes are so fucking high!

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, but i dont think that's what he's trying to say either though. Fans are just a part of the ranking. Location (newark isn't the greatest), and financial situation go in to the rankings too. Buffalo beats them in fans, Tampa/Florida beat them in location and tampa seems to be a little more financially solid since the new dude bought them, and carolina beats them in location and financially situation.

phoenix being above anyone in a list of 'desirable hockey locations' is a joke though. bad fan support, awful financial situation, should've moved 5 years ago, and it's a damn desert.

Phoenix should be ranked below half of the AHL cities.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that guy's reasoning for a few of his picks. He essentially chose based on opinion of the living area, and I wouldn't choose a big city before a lot of other NHL cities. Boston, NYC, LA? Meh. I'd move to Boston or Chicago, that's probably the end of my big city desires. And I probably still wouldn't be really happy. I think a lot of it is based on that opinion alone.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that guy's reasoning for a few of his picks. He essentially chose based on opinion of the living area, and I wouldn't choose a big city before a lot of other NHL cities. Boston, NYC, LA? Meh. I'd move to Boston or Chicago, that's probably the end of my big city desires. And I probably still wouldn't be really happy. I think a lot of it is based on that opinion alone.

very true.. where you want to live is completely opinion based

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.. where you want to live is completely opinion based

Personally, from a hockey standpoint, I don't think I'd choose NYR. That's just my opinion though.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked he ranked Detroit so high. Usually he uses any excuse he can to shit on Detroit and the Red Wings, so I figured they would be in the bottom third.

He's a blogging troll.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, he rates Edmonton high because they have an exciting young team who he predicts will start winning (but there isn't shit else to do in that city). He ranks Ottawa lower (who currently has a young winning team) because there isn't shit else to do in the city.

Looks like someone is bored in the off season.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Penner to @OilersNow on choosing Ducks: "I don't have to move or uproot my dog's life. I didn't want to do that to him"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@IgorEronko: #Atlant GM: 'We made an offer to Grabovski, but he wants to stay in #NHL, so we won't see him in our team'

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With the Pens and Flyers both needing to move a defenseman... if you were the GM how would you go about this....

Try and trade before the other team

Wait until the other team trades and hopefully start a 'war' among teams still needing a decent defenseman

Not dependent on one another

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Pens and Flyers both needing to move a defenseman... if you were the GM how would you go about this....

Try and trade before the other team

Wait until the other team trades and hopefully start a 'war' among teams still needing a decent defenseman

Not dependent on one another

i dont expect the flyers to get much of anything for meszaros.. if the pens are in the same boat (over the cap), i doubt they'll get much for whoever they need to dump too, so i would say they're independent of each other

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont expect the flyers to get much of anything for meszaros.. if the pens are in the same boat (over the cap), i doubt they'll get much for whoever they need to dump too, so i would say they're independent of each other

Ballard Raymond and Booth for MEszaros....

I dont see the problem with this deal

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The St. Louis Blues and forward Chris Stewart have avoided their arbitration hearing. According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Stewart signed a two-year deal with the club worth a total of $8.3 million. He earned $3 million last season

1000 :ipw: