• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agency rumors....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that sounds great too, but its very puzzling that Ryans is still rostered? He is over 30, over paid and over injured. If Kelly didn't intend to keep him, it would be fair to offer him the same opportunity as he did Herremans, Williams and Cole to find work elsewhere. You really can't justify any of these three ILBs not playing, so its good speculation that there is another shoe to drop. And they just picked up Alonso, you can't see Ryans as tradeable, so that leave you with Kendricks.

Maybe they didn't cut Ryans because he is rehabbing at the facility. If you cut him where would he rehab then? That would be a dick move.

G

greenwing

I would rather cut Ryans than trade Kendricks. I don't understand why chip would not value this guy or think he doesn't fit. He does fit. He has looked great back there. He is arising stud on this defense. It makes no sense to part ways.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather cut Ryans than trade Kendricks. I don't understand why chip would not value this guy or think he doesn't fit. He does fit. He has looked great back there. He is arising stud on this defense. It makes no sense to part ways.

I like both players a lot, but the run defense won't be that great with Mychal and Kiko as the two ILBs.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryans is still here because they dont need his money yet and he is still rehabbing. Whether they are 6 or8 million under the cap. They still have plenty to draft. There really isnt anything left in free agency to sign. So why not keep Ryans, they need depth at the position. I like our linebackers right now,in fact our front seven is pretty damn good

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I love Demeco, but he's 30 and coming off a debilitating injury. I'm not sold that he even plays this year at all, and, if he does, that he'll be anywhere close to the same player. That being said, I'd like to keep Kendricks.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing you give Graham ten years to break the starting lineup but you shit on Kendricks who shows major promise after two years...
Exaggerate much? Graham just finished his rookie contract and you wanted to cut the guy....
Kendricks I agreed is good, but not as good as some of you make him out to be.....you on the other had said Graham sucked and he was a waste of a roster spot. :scratch:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they didn't cut Ryans because he is rehabbing at the facility. If you cut him where would he rehab then? That would be a dick move.

Could be. I do think even though Kelly is getting rid of players he is trying to treat them right. If he had no intention of keeping Ryans, the right thing to do would be give him a chance to get another job. The Eagles scheme generally don't rotate ILBs, and I can't see any of these three guys happy on the bench.

I do agree injury could be a factor. Maybe Ryans is virtually unmarketable right now due to his injury and everyone just wants to wait until they see how his rehab plays out? Maybe the Eagles want to have him on their coaching staff if he can't play?

Still the only way I see Ryan's suiting up week one at $6.9M is if one of the other two guys can't play, so Alonso's injury could be a factor as well.

But at the end of the day, I think the more likely scenario is that this has to do with Kendricks. Kendrick's contract could be the big issue and they want to keep Ryans as insurance against Kendricks signing a reasonable deal? And if Kendricks wants too much money, they may be planning on shipping him out. Or maybe they simply don't like the guy as rumored and are offering him as trade regardless?

The thing that keeps catching us by surprise is that Kelly the coach, keeps playing talented guys that he has issue with rather than benching him. Then the offseason rolls around and Kelly the GM, runs these same guys out of town. Seems to be the case with DJAX, Foles and McCoy. So the thought that Kendricks may not be as well thought of as we think is really not outlandish.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ROUGH out there on the free agent safety front.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider

Kurt Coleman two-yr Panthers deal $2.8M, $600K bonus, salaries $750K, $850K; 9,375 per game active 2015 roster bonus, $15,625 per game 2016

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id try to get Greg Jennings for a year. Would be good mentor for youngins. Plus draft a guy. Cooper & Jennings both go next season.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing you give Graham ten years to break the starting lineup but you shit on Kendricks who shows major promise after two years...

lol right!?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I shit on the guy??? I said he is good, apparently that isn't enough for you guys??? You guys have him Ray Lewis like and he isn't even in the same atmosphere.

Haha….matter fact it's not :D

No one said he's Ray Lewis like…but he has potential to be Navorro Bowman/Patrick Willis like…We have to remember this kid is only 24 years of age. He made a huge jump this past year and showed a tremendous amount of talent and even more promise for the future. But to each it's own and at the end of the day.. opinions are like buttholes -- everyone has them, and they all stink. :suds:

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Willis and now Borland retired, if Kendricks is indeed available, I think the Niners will be a major player.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I shit on the guy??? I said he is good, apparently that isn't enough for you guys??? You guys have him Ray Lewis like and he isn't even in the same atmosphere.

Well... he hasn't murdered anyone (yet)... so he's not too comparable to Ray Lewis....

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Willis and now Borland retired, if Kendricks is indeed available, I think the Niners will be a major player.

And the price should be sky high because we hold all the leverage.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post this same thought. Major need for them, plus he's a cali kid, if that appeals to them.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fail to see the logic in getting rid of a good young (and cheap) player in hopes of getting draft picks that you hope turn into a good young player.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we even looked at any FA S or OL?