• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agency rumors....

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. It's been his "gonna break out this year" for years.
The Ravens are a much more conservative/traditional Offense ... I think if Torrey were in this Offense he'd have much better production. Even then, Smith had 11 TD's to Maclin's 10 last season.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens are a much more conservative/traditional Offense ... I think if Torrey were in this Offense he'd have much better production. Even then, Smith had 11 TD's to Maclin's 10 last season.

Yep

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He disappeared in way too many games. We'll see but I hope not.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip is really trying to emulate Belicheck then I would suspect he will not resign Maclin and will get a stop gap receiver like Andre Johnson. In fact the whole Gore rumors say the same thing. Belicheck for years has brought in stars in their twilight for one or two years to fill positions.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Maclin out of the 2, but I think Smith can fill that position at a cheaper cost if Maclin grabs a higher offer from another team. The problem I see is if we get neither as Maclin may go to Houston and Smith has already been tied to the Niners. If that happens I'm not sure what the plan moving forward is?

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Frank Gore still get it done?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Andre Johnson and Gore at cheaper costs as long as we use that money saved on the Defensive side. Those two guys may be on the downside of their careers, but they are plug and play types whom you know will give you 100% every down.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore is still a horse despite being on the wrong side of 30. The Niners tried to split the workload last season, but in the 4 games where they gave him 20 carries or more he averaged 126 yards per game. He can give you 15-20 carries per game while Polk gets 4-6 with Sproles keeping his change of pace role.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another Thread I think Jordan Mathews can easily jump into the number 1 receiver role. The question is can Huff (who I don't like) replicate Mathews production of last year?

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff scares me .............

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take to get Jarrett Boykin from the Packers. He had a good year two years ago, then last year he was only targeted 12 times. Since they resigned Cobb, they might be willing to let him go cheaply. Only 3 years in the league, good size at 6ft 2 and decent speed. Could be a sleeper in this offense

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per SI:

Print
More
NFL

NFL rumors: Latest buzz around free agency, trades, 2015 NFL draft
Under the radar players in free agency
Sports Illustrated's Chris Burke and Doug Farrar discuss a few hidden gems in this year's free agency class that could help a new team at a low cost.

BY SI WIRE
Email
Posted: Sat Mar. 7, 2015
With NFL free agency set to open on March 10, and the draft following quickly thereafter, the NFL rumor mill is abuzz. What's the latest? Check back often as we update below with all the latest scoops.

2015 NFL Mock Draft: Jameis goes No. 1 | 2015 NFL draft Big Board

The 2015 free agents ranked 1-50 | 50-100

March 7
• The San Diego Chargers are "making a hard push to keep" cornerback Brandon Flowers, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

• The Minnesota Vikings have expressed interest in former Green Bay Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk, ESPN's Ben Goessling reports.

• The San Diego Chargers are "preparing to make a run" at defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

• Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Houston Texans signed cornerback Kareem Jackson to a four-year deal.

• Rapoport reports that former Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne is "open to playing one more year" for a contending team. The Colts announced Fridaythat they would not re-sign the 36-year-old.

• The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed defensive end Tyson Alualu to a two-year deal, according to Schefter.

• Charles Robinson of Yahoo reports that if Randall Cobb re-signed with the Green Bay Packers, he would likely make $1 to $2 million less per year than if he signed elsewhere.

• Robinson reports that the Philadelphia Eagles have made safety Devin McCourty a "top priority." According to Robinson, the New England Patriots still want McCourty back.

• The Buffalo Bills and LeSean McCoy are reportedly close to a contract, according to Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports.

• Schefter reports the team reached a five-year deal with Derek Newton. According to Tania Ganguli of ESPN, the deal will include $10 million in guaranteed money and around $13 million in the first two years of the contract.

• San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York told reporters Saturday that he thinks the team will "figure out a way" to keep running back Frank Gore.

• Terez Paylor of The Kansas City Star reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a one-year deal with outside linebacker Dezman Moses.

• The Miami Dolphins signed safety Jordan Kovacs and defensive tackle A.J. Francis, the team announced Saturday.

• The Dolphins reportedly plan to release linebacker Philip Wheeler with a post June 1 designation, Schefter reports.

• ESPN's Field Yates reports that Eagles defensive tackle Cedric Thornton, Oakland Raiders receiver Rod Streater and St. Louis Rams safety Rodney McLeod all received second-round tenders.

• The Dallas Cowboys have signed right tackle Doug Free to a three year deal, Cowboys COO Stephen Jones confirmed to Mike Fisher of Cowboys HQ

• Linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is "unlikely" to return to the Atlanta Falcons, according to Rapoport. Yahoo's Rand Getlin reports that he is "leaning toward signing" with the Arizona Cardinals.

According to Robinson, the Bills are "working hard" to keep defensive end Jerry Hughes, "but it's looking like a bidding situation."

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maxwell is an Eagle as soon as it's legal to announce. I think either McCourty or Rahim Moore will be next.