• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

One league source familiar with thinking of Washington free-agent TE Fred Davis said Redskins and Browns "are serious about signing him."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michelle Beisner:

Source close to the situation told me, Peyton Manning DID reach out to Wes Welker, as did many players during this process.

--------------------------

Adam Caplan:

Teams also in mix for Amendola before he signed with the Pats: Titans, Broncos, Vikings, and Dolphins.

-------------------

Rich Cimini:

Day 3 for #Jets: Brandon Gibson, Mike Goodson, Antwan Barnes starting/concluding visits.

--------------------

Jason La Canfora:

Jake Long remains in St. Louis with the Rams. So an already Long visit is ongoing. Yikes, can't believe I typed that.

-------------------

Ian Rapoport:

Sounds like tight end Fred Davis is down to two teams: The #Redskins and the #Browns are very interested in signing him. He's healthy now

-------------------

Ben Volin:

Dolphins S Chris Clemons: 1 year deal worth $2.75 million. Base salary of $2.5 million ($750k guaranteed) and $250k signing bonus

Chris Clemons actually got $1 million guaranteed: $750,000 of his base salary, and $250,000 signing bonus

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrew Brandt:

Broncos' structure of Welker contact, like Peyton, all salary and roster bonus. No signing bonus, no proration, protects future.

------------------

Jason La Canfora:

With Jake Long's physical taking up a good part of Wed, he's at team facility much of today meeting with coaches while talks continue

------------------------

Pro Football Central:

Hearing Browns/Fred Davis & Dolphins/Keller all but done

------------------------

Alex Marvez:

Team that signs Nnamdi Asomugha (#49ers?) knows he's getting $4M from #Eagles in 2013. If he accepts modest 1-yr deal, drives down CB market

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenna Laine:

Source: Former Bucs OT Jeremy Trueblood has agreed to terms with the Redskins. Deal's done pending a physical

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who IS in the running for Sean Smith? He must really be pricing himself out, or teams are try

he's going a lot on potential. he has the skills to be the best corner in the league but he just hasn't put it all together yet. i don't think teams are willing to pay 8-9M/yr for a potential top corner. I bet he gets a short deal somewhere so he can go for a big contract after proving himself after a year or two (like DRC). I think we are going to see that more and more these days with CBs on the FA market...their performance can fluctuate so much - just look at Carlos Rogers the last 2 years. plus, CBs are easier to fit into a defensive system than other positions, making it ok for teams to have a lot of turnover at the position

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Spotrac:

Chiefs clear $5.875M in cap space by releasing QB Matt Cassel. He accounts for $3.95M in dead money

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Smith could be close to a decision
March, 14, 2013 9:26AM ET
By Brent Sobleski | ESPN.com

The cornerback market is slowly starting to take shape, and former Miami Dolphin Sean Smith may be the next piece that could fall into place. Although, Philadelphia won't be Smith's destination. And Miami is still in consideration.

"Eagles are out of the running for Sean Smith," a source told Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com.

Adam Caplan of Sirius XM Radio added, "Two teams actively in the mix for CB Sean Smith. (A third is) monitoring.

Arizona, Kansas City, San Francisco, New England and Tampa Bay have all been linked to Smith in previous days. Arizona makes the most sense for Smith after his previous position coach at Miami, Todd Bowles, joined Bruce Arians' staff as the Cardinals' defensive coordinator. Tampa Bay is most likely the team "monitoring" the situation until the Darrelle Revis' situation is solved.

"For those asking, not getting the feeling that the 49ers are one of the top 2 teams for Sean Smith...as of now," Caplan reported.

One of the three aforementioned teams still in the running for Smith is a potential return to Miami according to Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Sources: #Cardinals expect to cut QB Kevin Kolb over the next few days. Due a roster bonus of $2M on March 17. He won't see that, I'm told

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cardinals Release Kolb

The Arizona Cardinals will release QB Kevin Kolb and have expressed an interested in free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

They love to rush the news to get out ahead of everybody. This one is funny, though. The headline says they've released him but inside the link it says they WILL release him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joel Corry:

The Cardinals will pick up $7.5M in cap room once Kevin Kolb is released

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Alex Marvez:

Team that signs Nnamdi Asomugha (#49ers?) knows he's getting $4M from #Eagles in 2013. If he accepts modest 1-yr deal, drives down CB market

That's quite a fact - this could be a really cheap short term deal to prove he's still got the ability to play.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF:

Brandon Gibson coming off a good year. Turned 57.3% of his 75 targets into 1st downs or TDs. Highest % of any WR (only Gronk had higher %)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where the Eagles having to pay him money makes any difference in what he will want from his next team.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Wilson:

Titans deal for Moise Fokou is two years, $2.8 million, $300,000 bonus, per league source

Shonn Greene's Titans deal is three years, $10 million, $2.5 million bonus, per a league source

Terrance Knighton's two-year Broncos deal is $4.5 million and includes a $500,000 bonus, per a league source

Former Maryland kicker Nick Novak did well on his Chargers deal: $6.6 million total, $1.5 million signing bonus

Chris Clemons' deal with the Dolphins is a one-year, $2.5 million pact that includes $1 million in guaranteed money, per a source

Quentin Groves' Browns deal is two years, $2.4 million, including a $500,000 roster bonus this year, plus $500,000 of incentives each year

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Omar Kelly:

CB Nnamdi Asomugha is visiting the San Francisco 49ers and is expected to sign. Cornerback market starting to move. Woodson is still free

I wouldn't get so excited yet (if you even want him). Omar Kelly covers the Dolphins for the Orlando Sun-Sentinel and nobody else has said this same thing yet either from what I can tell.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite a fact - this could be a really cheap short term deal to prove he's still got the ability to play.

Yep- cheap 1 year deal and if he proves his worth, you look at a more lucrative extension next year. He gets to play for a SB contender near his old stomping grounds and is a part of arguably the best defense in the NFL. A good situation for both parties.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't see where the Eagles having to pay him money makes any difference in what he will want from his next team.

I guess that depends on his intentions just like the rest of the FA's. If he wants the highest bidder, he'll make the $4m a non-issue and only agree to highest contract available. If he's reasonable and wants to play for a ring, he has more flexibility this year as he's already making $4m for doing nothing. I'm hoping its the latter as he's not getting any younger and already had his big pay day (unlike Sean Smith).