• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like the thought of Landry and Whitner together on the back end. Neither one is very good in coverage.

I agree. I would think Harbaalke would be smart enough to know that as well. It's still too early to tell anything.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thoughts...

sad to see Fasano went to the Chiefs, I would have liked him in a 49ers uniform. The Chiefs offense should be pretty good next year btw.

I really am not a fan of Whitner but given the choices I would rather keep him over signing Landry to replace him because of his familiarity with the D. Not a fan of bringing in Landry to play next to him either.

I would really like to come away from this draft with two safeties. If it were up to me I'd grab Phillip Thomas and Eric Reid or TJ McDonald.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought Landry signed with someone already?

I believe the Colts are the favorites to sign him and I really hope so.

We need a Safety that can cover not another hard hitting liability.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steven Jackson - RB - Rams

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the Packers do not appear close to signing free agent Steven Jackson.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Mar 13 - 9:48 AM

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Might be a bit premature

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the Packers do not appear close to signing free agent Steven Jackson.

According to PFT the Packers want him on the cheap so I can see why Jackson might balk at that.

That's kind of the problem with the Packers is being fiscally responsible is great but you can't be too cheap and sometimes you've got to go out and maybe spend a little more than you would like. Because all that leads to is being contenders every year but never quite being able to get over the hump.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Steven Jackson - RB - Rams

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Mar 13 - 9:48 AM

fingers crossed! I'd be pissed if they got Jennings back and Jackson on the cheap. With our revamped defense we may have trouble with all that offense.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Completely ridiculous physique, though.

great physique!
bruno1.png

couldn't help but read this with bruno's accent. haha

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ravens released Bernard Pollard

I'd have an interest in seeing the 49ers go after him if it's true they're also pondering or have pondered Charles freaking Woodson and LaRon Landry.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just don't understand our continued interest in the SS position. Especially crappy coverage ones when that is exactly what we have on our team. Now granted, Pollard I would classify the best coverage SS out of all of them so far, but that's like saying which pile of shit do you want, the big one, or the small one. Obviously, you take the smallest pile of shit and move on.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Deal for Dolphins WR Mike Wallace came in at 5 years, $60 million, $30 million guaranteed.

Now the guarantee figure is changing depending on who you follow.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Cleveland back at it bright and early: Browns reached agreement with former Cardinals LB Quentin Groves.