• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

OT Jake Long will take a physical in St. Louis tomorrow, and the chances he signs there hinge on its results.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Cimini:

Per NFLPA data, Holmes base drops from $11M to $7.5M. Cromartie, due $2.3M roster, reduced base from $7M to $840k. Garrard, 1 yr, $1M base.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Darlington:

Per Dolphins source, Mike Wallace signed a 5-year deal worth $60 million.

These numbers keep changing a little bit.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could care less if he goes back... just so long as the dumbfuck gets paid what he deserves to get paid. Ya know?

Them being able to keep Jones and Finley for well below half of what they are worth is disgusting... same goes for the reports of Steven Jackson considering playing for about 2/3 of what he should command.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pro Football Central:

Rams doing awesome this offseason with Jake Long & Jared Cook. Delmas expected to sign tomorrow . Solid 48 hours.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

The Falcons and Broncos are among the teams putting out feelers to Richard Seymour. I expect more suitors to develop

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Front office still interested in Ryan Mallett: Cleveland Browns Insider | cleveland.com

Groves to visit: Cardinals free agent linebacker Quentin Groves will visit the Browns and a few other teams, according to NFL.com. The Plain Dealer reported last week that the Browns were targeting Groves.

Groves, who played for Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton last season, had four sacks in seven starts, mostly at left outside linebacker. He was a second-round pick of the Jaguars out of Auburn in 2008. He'd play outside in Horton's scheme.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Cole:

Hearing that KC might ask QB Alex Smith to restructure his contract for a little cap room. No cut, just shift.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks Ryan Mallett and Norv Turner is an excellent match? Josh Gordon would love him.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic 1st day of Free Agency. I basically spend the past day on Twitter waiting for the Niners to step up while teams get better. Then, inevitably, the second wave hits and it turns out okay.

A couple of thoughts:
1.Sean Smith is on a plane to visit a mystery team. Is it us?
2.The CB market is not getting the money that was expected. I know Chris Houston is probably going to back to the Lions. Are we in play for anyone else? Keenan Lewis? DRC?
3. I'm down for Glen Dorsey. Woodson? Meh.
4. How much money are we really playing with? I know we're somewhere around 5 mil under the cap, but is the FO waiting for the dominoes to fall to cut someone for more room?
5. I've read that Abraham is leaning to the Seahawks. Winfield too. The Rams get Jared Cook, probably Jake Long and Delmas is visiting tomorrow. As patient as I'm trying to be I hope we make moves to get stronger like everyone else in our division. Except, you know, the Cards.

In Harballke We Trust.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks Ryan Mallett and Norv Turner is an excellent match? Josh Gordon would love him.

I've been a big fan of Mallett from day one. I think it's a very good match. If they can add him along with some help at WR/TE and some help along the O-line the Browns will be in the hunt for at least a wild card spot.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a big fan of Mallett from day one. I think it's a very good match. If they can add him along with some help at WR/TE and some help along the O-line the Browns will be in the hunt for at least a wild card spot.

I expected the Browns to be more active in the TE market, considering how much that offense uses the TE. Keller is still out there along with Winslow and guys like that. I could also see them drafting one early if they don't get one in FA.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected the Browns to be more active in the TE market, considering how much that offense uses the TE. Keller is still out there along with Winslow and guys like that. I could also see them drafting one early if they don't get one in FA.

I think you're right on the money. Norv will probably insist on a new TE presence.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jason La Canfora:

Moise Foku being courted by several teams, will begin visits in Tenn, with the quite active titans

---------------------

Paul Kuharsky:

ESPN reports #Eagles are closing in on an agreement with #Texans FA TE/FB James Casey.

------------------------

Mike Silver:

The Eagles need at least one safety and one corner in free agency but, I'm told, have no interest in S LaRon Landry

Not sure if this was posted but

Niners are rumored to be linked to Landry:

49ers Blog and Q&A: Safety shuffle: 49ers in the mix for hard-hitting LaRon Landry

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really don't like the thought of Landry and Whitner together on the back end. Neither one is very good in coverage.