• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh boo hoo. Your life is so tough.

Now I'm convinced Pozz isn't really Adam Schefter. CP isn't this whiney. :D

I'd like to think I haven't whined on here for a while but I don't think I could blame somebody if they accused me of sounding whiney with all the FA crap that's happened the past couple days. Actually, this is 2 straight offseasons where I've been this way.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think I haven't whined on here for a while but I don't think I could blame somebody if they accused me of sounding whiney with all the FA crap that's happened the past couple days. Actually, this is 2 straight offseasons where I've been this way.

What do you expect with limited cap space? Plus every move we have made has been solid in the past. It's hard, we don't have cap room like the broncos. Sexy signings won't happen. Baalke has proven his worth with his signings.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you expect with limited cap space? Plus every move we have made has been solid in the past. It's hard, we don't have cap room like the broncos. Sexy signings won't happen. Baalke has proven his worth with his signings.

Part of the crap I am referring to are things that are somewhat out of the 49ers control. A lot of contending teams have added some really good players AND many of them have actually been reAlly solid fits, too. That's a large part of it for me. Another large part of my complaining/whining comes from the way the last couple of drafts have gone, too. I'd get into this further to show the long list of things I haven't liked and what is have done but I am on a bad keyboard right now and I don't have the time tonight to go through everything the way I think I'd like to in order to get my points across.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the crap I am referring to are things that are somewhat out of the 49ers control. A lot of contending teams have added some really good players AND many of them have actually been reAlly solid fits, too. That's a large part of it for me. Another large part of my complaining/whining comes from the way the last couple of drafts have gone, too. I'd get into this further to show the long list of things I haven't liked and what is have done but I am on a bad keyboard right now and I don't have the time tonight to go through everything the way I think I'd like to in order to get my points across.

That's fair. I really didn't mind last years draft so much, but the year before was pretty bad. You usually just say things the way they are. Most of us do a lot of whining. I wouldn't consider your discontent whining. It's your opinion of how things worked out. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol trust me I know you can pull that list up quick.

However can't complain with 3 straight NFC champ appearances and a SB showing. It's frustrating we haven't sealed the deal. But I feel like we have a core of olayers and personnel that has us set up for a long run. Harbaugh should resign and Baalke and co. Have handed our great contract to whome we can afford. There is an article out about how we bet on penny stocks and that is a great analogy. We don't have the most cap space so we get the most out of the players we bargain on. The drafts have been solid IMO. 2012 wasn't but no gm is perfect. I love the way this team operates. It produces results, we don't need a dream team. We don't need the best players only the right ones. I'll take this over any team from 2005-2010

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised that a lot of guys haven't signed a contract or had very many suitors yet. Henry Melton, Jared Allen, T. Brown, Julius Peppers, Hakeem Nicks, and Alex Mack have all got very little attention. It's been a very interesting free agency thus far.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised that a lot of guys haven't signed a contract or had very many suitors yet. Henry Melton, Jared Allen, T. Brown, Julius Peppers, Hakeem Nicks, and Alex Mack have all got very little attention. It's been a very interesting free agency thus far.

Mack was transition tagged but hasn't signed it yet.
Allen was set to take a deal from the Broncos but they waited for Ware and gave it to him instead. Allen has set a high price for himself and hasn't been able to get another team to meet his demands yet.
Dolphins are talking to T Brown.
Seahawks are just now talking to Melton.
Nicks has interest from us, Colts, and a few other teams have been mentioned.
Peppers is the one guy I have seen squat about.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think peppers would help a team like the Giants or Packers. He still has something left in the tank.

I am surprise we haven't heard anything yet.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen was set to take a deal from the Broncos but they waited for Ware and gave it to him instead. Allen has set a high price for himself and hasn't been able to get another team to meet his demands yet.

Pepper will probably sign a cheap deal somewhere, he seems to have less in the tank than guys like Allen and Ware.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His original tweet said at the end...Thurmond 1 year 2M. I guess he deleted it and posted this one instead. Moron totally gave away the 49ers bargaining position for a second.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, rotoworld saw what I saw and they posted it. Maiocco really fucked up on this one.

Tarell Brown - DB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area reports the 49ers are willing to give free agent CB Tarell Brown a three-year, $10 million contract.
It's nickel back money, but the market hasn't been hot for Brown since free agency began. He's only been lightly connected to the Dolphins. Per 49ers beat writer Matt Maiocco, San Francisco "might" be able to land Walter Thurmond for a one-year, $2 million pact, which would be savvy by GM Trent Baalke.
Source: Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter
Mar 14 - 11:31 AM

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams need receivers for Bradford. I wonder if they would consider Watkins with the #2 pick. If they're able to sign Britt, they would have Austin, Watkins, and Britt. That's not a bad receiving corp.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rams need receivers for Bradford. I wonder if they would consider Watkins with the #2 pick. If they're able to sign Britt, they would have Austin, Watkins, and Britt. That's not a bad receiving corp.

Is Quick just a bust? Haven't seen much of him outside of the Niner games, and know he's come along quite slowly, but he was a high pick. It would seem neither the Niners nor Rams can scout WR talent....

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Quick just a bust? Haven't seen much of him outside of the Niner games, and know he's come along quite slowly, but he was a high pick. It would seem neither the Niners nor Rams can scout WR talent....

Forgot about him Crimson. He was the 1st pick in round 2 (2012). He had 18 receptions for 302 yards and 2tds last season. The Rams struggled so much offensively last season (avg about 210 yds passing/gm). It seems as though he is 4th on the depth chart behind Austin, Givens and Pettis. I agree with you that the Niners and the Rams have difficulty scouting WR. I don't know if he is a bust, but he hasn't shown much production in 2 years. More production than Jenkins, but that's not saying much. I just can't believe how awful that 2012 draft for the Niners. :L

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, lots of action through the night. I'm still surprised they haven't signed yet. I really thought Mack wiuld have more suitors. Even with the transition tag.