• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wouldn't be so sure. I think we have a damn good shot at landing him at a decent price if he is released.

Hell to the yessss!!! Revis is EXACTLY what the team is missing.

Niners' defense + Revis = possible Super Bowl. :D

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't be so sure. I think we have a damn good shot at landing him at a decent price if he is released.

You think he will sign here on the cheap? Revis? The guy who is all about the money? Doubt it. I dont see him wanting to go cheap anywhere.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What if they got Revis, then traded for Josh Gordon? A man can dream right?
:suds:

If they traded for Revis I don't think they'd need Gordon. A #1 CB is the ONLY thing (roster-wise) the Niners have been missing the last 2 years).

They wouldn't even need any other FAs either. Maybe some minimum contracts to fill the roster, but that'd be about it. They could afford to go with a rook at safety & Culliver / Brock / a rook filling out the rest of the secondary. There isn't another human being available who would help the Niners more than Revis would in FA, the draft or available for trade.

All they'd need is a Kick returner in the draft really (Archer).

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If they traded for Revis I don't think they'd need Gordon. A #1 CB is the ONLY thing (roster-wise) the Niners have been missing the last 2 years).

They wouldn't even need any other FAs either. Maybe some minimum contracts to fill the roster, but that'd be about it. They could afford to go with a rook at safety & Culliver / Brock / a rook filling out the rest of the secondary. There isn't another human being available who would help the Niners more than Revis would in FA, the draft or available for trade.

All they'd need is a Kick returner in the draft really (Archer).

We still need a true #1. Gordon had 1,600 yards and 9 TDs in what 13 games?

You are excited about what having Revis would do, Imagine having Gordon as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We still need a true #1. Gordon had 1,600 yards and 9 TDs in what 13 games?

You are excited about what having Revis would do, Imagine having Gordon as well.

What would the Niners do with Crabtree if they got Gordon for a season? Make him a #3 / 4 receiver behind Gordon & Boldin & kind of behind Vernon?

Plus Gordon's 1 bad move away from a 16-game suspension. And I haven't heard any reports that the Browns want to trade him anyway. If I did I could give it some more realistic consideration.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bucs will release Darrelle Revis by 4 PM ET Wednesday if they can't find a trade partner.
The Tampa Bay Times has confirmed the report. Tampa Bay isn't going to pay Revis his astronomical $16 million salary, even if he is arguably the best corner in the game. None of the money in Revis' contract is guaranteed, so the Bucs will clear a boat load of cap room by moving on from him. Revis will have no shortage of suitors once he hits the open market. We don't expect a trade at this point.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 10 - 9:14 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JasonLaCanfora: Bucs will be active in free agency, and are frontrunners for DL Michael Johnson (over $8M/year). Also strong push for T Anthony Collins

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What would the Niners do with Crabtree if they got Gordon for a season? Make him a #3 / 4 receiver behind Gordon & Boldin & kind of behind Vernon?

Plus Gordon's 1 bad move away from a 16-game suspension. And I haven't heard any reports that the Browns want to trade him anyway. If I did I could give it some more realistic consideration.

That's why I said a man can dream.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "source close to the situation" informed the St. Paul Pioneer Press that it would be "shock(ing)" if free agent DE Jared Allen doesn't sign with the Broncos.
The Broncos always seemed like a logical landing spot for Allen, who has said he wants to go somewhere he has a chance to win and play meaningful snaps. With DEs Robert Ayers and Shaun Phillips free agents, there's an opening in Denver opposite Von Miller. Allen hasn't generated much buzz, yet.
Related: Broncos
Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter Mar 10 - 7:16 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets | Very interested in Vontae Davis
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 17:25:36 -0700
The New York Jets are very interested in free-agent CB Vontae Davis (Colts), according to sources.

Comment | Source: DraftInsider.net - Tony Pauline |

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports free agent James Jones is drawing "heavy interest" from the Lions and Jets.
Pauline adds that the Packers "may still be in the mix" for Jones, though it seems like a longshot. Jones hasn't been linked to many teams since the season ended but recently mentioned the Colts and Chargers as teams he'd be interested in. Playing alongside Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford wouldn't be a bad gig. The Jets would likely have to blow Jones away financially to land him.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting we'll let the money fly all around us and sort through the best of the stragglers after the dust settles rather than making a big splash. That's been our pattern recently.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders have a ton of cash but they'll screw it up somehow.......

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crap. I was hoping he'd sign for more than that.

Yeah, me too. Interesting to read that Sherman begged him to stay and he took less to do so. I'll be very interested to see if Sherman takes a similar view when he's negotiating his contract.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Best thing going for the Niners in the pursuit of Revis is his war of words with Sherman. Best way to shut Sherman up is to play against his team at least twice and beat them in the division.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing going for the Niners in the pursuit of Revis is his war of words with Sherman. Best way to shut Sherman up is to play against his team at least twice and beat them in the division.

I'm sure that would be icing on the cake if he did land with us. It's a long shot, but one I'm quickly growing fond of. Hopefully he doesn't land with the cardinals across from Peterson. Yikes.