• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2019

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am okay with this signing. A one year prove it deal. It is the Ward signing I don't get. Ward already had a one year prove it deal last year and ended up on IR again. At least Verrett made it to a pro bowl. Ward hasn't shown enough to make it on the bud bowl team.

Yes, last year was his 'prove it' year.

I think they'll allow him to focus on FS now? Even if he ends up the back-up, play him at only one spot. We can only wait and see what happens when he can focus on FS? As it stands now, i don't see why he wouldn't be the starter?

Ward does have experience in this scheme, with this DC, and with these teammates. Not large factors, but factors.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, last year was his 'prove it' year.

I think they'll allow him to focus on FS now? Even if he ends up the back-up, play him at only one spot. We can only wait and see what happens when he can focus on FS? As it stands now, i don't see why he wouldn't be the starter?

Ward does have experience in this scheme, with this DC, and with these teammates. Not large factors, but factors.

He didn't look good as a FS either. He has versatility but to me he does nothing well. And that was when he was healthy enough to play. For me, the injury bug has gone on too long with him. I think they need to use his roster spot on someone else

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising they sign a FA WR, prior to the draft. This shouldn't affect what they do during the draft.

after they draft a pass rusher they will take bpa for the rest of the draft.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to it already did last year. Verrett does have talent make no mistake about that but I suspect they will still draft a CB and Safety in the draft.
They've signed some good players but all of them except Ford have a serious injury history.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
after they draft a pass rusher they will take bpa for the rest of the draft.

this is how i always want to see it, lean over to the BPA extreme. I know you can't go 100% BPA, but lean over to that side of the scale. the point of any draft is to add the most talent you can.

althought tempting to fill immediate needs, you have to look at these picks over the 'long' term. things change fast in the NFL, so what we thought wasn't a need could be one the following year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah most of the deals shouldn't be too difficult to get out of.
I’m hoping they don’t have to because if they do that means another bust of a season

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I’m hoping they don’t have to because if they do that means another bust of a season

Yes of course.

So far i like this approach because IMO we need another good draft class FIRST. If we guarantee too much money to these guys now, then we hamper our cap next off-season. To keep the cap cost down, we have to 'try out' these injured guys, and hope they get past that bug? We know they're talented and that includes Jimmy Ward.

If this draft class pans out well, next off season we don't have to target injured FA'a.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course.

So far i like this approach because IMO we need another good draft class FIRST. If we guarantee too much money to these guys now, then we hamper our cap next off-season. To keep the cap cost down, we have to 'try out' these injured guys, and hope they get past that bug? We know they're talented and that includes Jimmy Ward.

If this draft class pans out well, next off season we don't have to target injured FA'a.
They still need a wide receiver. I wonder how much Jordy Nelson has left in the tank

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They still need a wide receiver. I wonder how much Jordy Nelson has left in the tank

i prefer they draft one whether Round 2 or 3. I agree with Shannahan in getting WR's who can get open. At this point in his career, don't think Jordy Nelson can get open fast enough?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinks isn't a bad approach once the big spending was out of the way.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been nice to have been able to pick up one of the Free Agent Free Safeties on the market. Didn't have to be Earl Thomas quality. If we could even get average play it would have been an upgrade over what we saw most of the year. Most likely it can be addressed in the draft. I don't care for the current options on the roster. Ward and Tartt are unreliable healthwise especially Ward. Colbert regressed last year and was often out of position. Exum played okay but his ceiling looks like a quality backup.