• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Freaking Dodgers win on Uribe HR

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uribe and Wilson help the Dodgers get to the NLCS. This is like a twilight zone episode. Please let the Dodgers lose in the NLCS . If I hear the song I love L.A. one more time I am going to puke.:L:yell::mad2:

What a nightmare.:noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they+are+rage+faces+GOD+DAMMIT+_2c004a1280b124590d9de770b9669998.gif

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Freddy Gonzalez go down with the big guy in the bullpen not even used. The best closer in the NL does not get a smell? Freddy might be out of a job.:wtf2:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Total fucking shitshow for Giants fans. Really, Uribe AND Wilson? What next, they gonna bring Renteria back for the NLCS and get a series ender outta him?

God damnit, Dodger fucks. Frankly since I became a Giants fan later in life like 20+ years ago, I never really got the Dodger hate in my gut, the Dodgers weren't good most of that time. But fuck now I'm all in. HATE those fuckers.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Freddy Gonzalez go down with the big guy in the bullpen not even used. The best closer in the NL does not get a smell? Freddy might be out of a job.:wtf2:

Carpenter's been a good setup man all season, just one of those things. I think 96 wins was enough to keep him around a little while longer anyway.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Total fucking shitshow for Giants fans. Really, Uribe AND Wilson? What next, they gonna bring Renteria back for the NLCS and get a series ender outta him?

God damnit, Dodger fucks. Frankly since I became a Giants fan later in life like 20+ years ago, I never really got the Dodger hate in my gut, the Dodgers weren't good most of that time. But fuck now I'm all in. HATE those fuckers.

Winning is one thing, doing it like this is can forge a team..feck

Need another team with more mojo like an underdog pirates team to knock em off

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Winning is one thing, doing it like this is can forge a team..feck

Need another team with more mojo like an underdog pirates team to knock em off

I feel like only the A's have enough mojo to beat the Dodgers. I hope it doesn't get to that point though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like only the A's have enough mojo to beat the Dodgers. I hope it doesn't get to that point though.

It's gonna take more than mojo, it's gonna take outstanding pitching. A's might have it though, that Gray kid I'd never even heard of but maybe he's their 2010 Bumgarner.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do understand that the more you complain and the more vulgar you are about it, the more the Dodger fans like it?

Do you want to get quoted on the Dodger boards like this?

Just asking...

:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that the more you complain and the more vulgar you are about it, the more the Dodger fans like it?

Do you want to get quoted on the Dodger boards like this?

Just asking...

Is there even a doggie board here at the hoop?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having lived in NY for all of my life (67 years and counting) I now see on this board a lot of what we (NL fans in NY) have always felt for the NYY. Took me a long while to realize that I didn't actually hate the team I hated the team's ownership and the methods they used to 'field' a team. One and only one method really. Money! If you have enough money you can 'buy' a playoff contentending team. The NYY have done so for 19 of the past 21 seasons. Doesn't mean youll get to a WS but gives you a real good chance of reaching the playoffs. As some of us have said in the past ... a team built for a 162 game schedule isn't a 'lock' in any 'do or diie' schedule of short series. This is the reason I hate the Doyers now. Not the team but the method management used to construct it. Maybe a tinge of jealousy too. Wish we had an almost unlimited amount of cash to spend of free agents. I still believe that in 2014 we will be a team that will contend but being realistic .... the current Doyer team will also be there in the end. Just because I'm not a fan of theirs doesn't change the fact that they are a talented group of ballplayers. IMHO if a team reaches the playoffs they need a little luck and some pretty deep pitching .... I like our chances

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It s hard to be too critical if the Spankees. The core of their teams were home-raised...

Jeter
Rivera
Williams
Posada
Cano
Pettit

Sure, they were able to compliment with the pocketbook...

Clemens
Rodriguez
Tex
Sabathia
Giambi
Boggs

But the long-term core was homegrown. I think a lot if fans forget that aspect.

This current doggie team is so far over-the-top of anything the Spankees ever did it is just staggering. They basically bought the Redsox.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal .... I agree 100% that the Doggies have gone way above anything that the NYY have done in the past. I was just refering to the method of 'buying' anything and everything available as long as you have the money and think you want the item. It just makes the process of putting together a contending team so much more easier. I also have to say that in most cases it will be successful as it relates to making the playoffs. Even losing Kemp didn't really bring them to their knees.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal .... I agree 100% that the Doggies have gone way above anything that the NYY have done in the past. I was just refering to the method of 'buying' anything and everything available as long as you have the money and think you want the item. It just makes the process of putting together a contending team so much more easier. I also have to say that in most cases it will be successful as it relates to making the playoffs. Even losing Kemp didn't really bring them to their knees.

Bring em to their knees? Didn't affect them at all...they are looking more and more like the champs we sadly predicted.

Agree that the Dogs are out-Yankeeing the Yankees. In fact I was never a hater of the Yankees players in their run (except A-Rod of course). Rivera is my favorite current non-Giant and has been for years, with Jeter in my top 10. The Yankee core cal listed were all really classy guys, good for the game. The hate was about what SF said, just being able to buy rings by adding whatever you want to the core.

With the Dodgers, it's a bit similar...as players and people what's not to like about Kershaw, or Kemp? I'm not an A-Gonz fan, and BWeezy has burned a lot of good will lately, but by and large I'm not hating on the Dodger players...it's the rival team and the dumb endless money I hate.

If Pittsburgh and Oakland go down the final 4 will all be teams I don't want to see win. :gaah:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what I really hate is not being 10 years old any more. That was a great time to be a Giant fan. I knew the players. I knew their stats. I had every freaking baseball card for evey freaking Giant player. I was elated with every win and bled with every loss. As a kid ... they were MY team. I loved to watch them on TV. I loved to go to the Polo Grounds and see a game 'live'. I knew next to nothing about salaries, contracts, farm systems or what I wanted from them the next year. I just want there to be a next year! As a kid we all must of had the dreams of playing Major League Baseball. What kid didn't want to be a Wille Mays, a Mickey Mantle, or any of the stars of that season. I really had no idea of how a major league team was 'put together'. I didn't know aboyt trades until I read about them in the paper. Almost died when we traded Bobby Bonds for Bobby Murcer! I remember listening to gamers over the radio when they moved to SF. Damn. I was 12 years old and listening to baseball games at 11:00pm. Amazing that my parents didn't kill me.

Now in my 'golden year' it's all different. The age of childhood is gone. Sh1t, you can 'buy' a playoff team! As a kid, for the entire season, I 'wished' for a playoff team ...... glad I didn't know .... would have made my childhood ... much less magical .....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what I really hate is not being 10 years old any more. That was a great time to be a Giant fan. I knew the players. I knew their stats. I had every freaking baseball card for evey freaking Giant player. I was elated with every win and bled with every loss. As a kid ... they were MY team. I loved to watch them on TV. I loved to go to the Polo Grounds and see a game 'live'. I knew next to nothing about salaries, contracts, farm systems or what I wanted from them the next year. I just want there to be a next year! As a kid we all must of had the dreams of playing Major League Baseball. What kid didn't want to be a Wille Mays, a Mickey Mantle, or any of the stars of that season. I really had no idea of how a major league team was 'put together'. I didn't know aboyt trades until I read about them in the paper. Almost died when we traded Bobby Bonds for Bobby Murcer! I remember listening to gamers over the radio when they moved to SF. Damn. I was 12 years old and listening to baseball games at 11:00pm. Amazing that my parents didn't kill me.

Now in my 'golden year' it's all different. The age of childhood is gone. Sh1t, you can 'buy' a playoff team! As a kid, for the entire season, I 'wished' for a playoff team ...... glad I didn't know .... would have made my childhood ... much less magical .....

Well when you were a kid you couldn't buy a team, no free agency.
And 10 year-olds today don't really know what goes on with all that either, my kids (a little younger) just get excited for their favorite players (Posey, Panda, Brian Wilson before...) like you did. Dodger fan kids don't realize how they got their team either, they are just excited to see them win just like you did as a kid.

Can't help ya deal with lost youth and innocence, sorry. It's been a problem for all humanity since forever!
:suds:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you were a kid you couldn't buy a team, no free agency.
And 10 year-olds today don't really know what goes on with all that either, my kids (a little younger) just get excited for their favorite players (Posey, Panda, Brian Wilson before...) like you did. Dodger fan kids don't realize how they got their team either, they are just excited to see them win just like you did as a kid.

Can't help ya deal with lost youth and innocence, sorry. It's been a problem for all humanity since forever!
:suds:

Oh, I'm not complaining! I still love the game. I just see it through a slightly different window now. I still believe that as a fan your 'return' is related directly to what you emotionally invest. 2013 was disappointing but the return of championships in 2010 and 2012 far exceeds any disappointment that 2013 brought to the table. 2014 will be another season of hope. Come spring training the cycle begins anew. Sort of found my 10 yearold self somewhere along the way ......

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey SF11704, I hear ya. Sounds like you and I must be about the same age. If you were to switch the word Giants for the word Dodgers in your post, it would describe me exactly. Our childhood experiences, which turned into a life-long team loyalty, are very similar, except with different teams.

I personally think it's unfortunate when I hear fans saying they hate their rival team. Hate is an awfully strong emotion that usually only ends up hurting the hater. I don't hate the Giants, their owners, or their fans. But I sure do enjoy it when the Dodgers beat them. To me, when someone says they hate their rival, it's a subconscious self-admittance that they think the rival team is better. If they're not better, then why hate them -- just go out and beat them. Besides, life is short anyway, and there are many more important things in life than baseball. Why waste part of your life hating? I've always enjoyed good, hard-played baseball. To me, the thrill is in the challenge of the game and trying to perform at your best or even beyond. When you win, it's OK to celebrate the victory. When you lose, then it's time to figure out why, and how to get better. Getting stuck in the hate mode detracts from that. I'm not being critical of anyone here, just trying to share my thoughts about how I look at this game we all love. The Giants and Dodgers have a rich history as rivals, and that will no doubt continue for a long time to come. Good luck to you guys in 2014. I'm sure you'll be competitive as always.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey SF11704, I hear ya. Sounds like you and I must be about the same age. If you were to switch the word Giants for the word Dodgers in your post, it would describe me exactly. Our childhood experiences, which turned into a life-long team loyalty, are very similar, except with different teams.

I personally think it's unfortunate when I hear fans saying they hate their rival team. Hate is an awfully strong emotion that usually only ends up hurting the hater. I don't hate the Giants, their owners, or their fans. But I sure do enjoy it when the Dodgers beat them. To me, when someone says they hate their rival, it's a subconscious self-admittance that they think the rival team is better. If they're not better, then why hate them -- just go out and beat them. Besides, life is short anyway, and there are many more important things in life than baseball. Why waste part of your life hating? I've always enjoyed good, hard-played baseball. To me, the thrill is in the challenge of the game and trying to perform at your best or even beyond. When you win, it's OK to celebrate the victory. When you lose, then it's time to figure out why, and how to get better. Getting stuck in the hate mode detracts from that. I'm not being critical of anyone here, just trying to share my thoughts about how I look at this game we all love. The Giants and Dodgers have a rich history as rivals, and that will no doubt continue for a long time to come. Good luck to you guys in 2014. I'm sure you'll be competitive as always.

Good points all, but it's a sports chat board. 'Hate' is not meant literally, at least not for most well-adjusted fans. I don't actually 'hate' the Dodgers or their players in the way I 'hate' say Osama Bin Laden. We don't literally want to kill the umps either, even when we say 'kill the ump!'

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey OLD1949 ... I'm guessing the 1949 is a key part of your ID! Mine would be 1946. An oldtime Dodger fan. Haven't really run into one in quite some time. As a kid I spent many a day at Ebbets Field as well as the Polo Grounds. Never really 'hated' the Dodgers back then. Actually knew quite a bit about them. Knew some stuff about the Yankees but we never played them. Can't actually remember going to Yankee Stadium. Wow, old time Dodgers. Brings back names like Campanella, Hodges, Gilliam, Reese, Amoros, Snider, Furillo, Newcombe, Maglie (as a Dodger), Erskine and of course Drysdale and Koufax! My neighbor's uncle was Eddie Lopat. A pretty good Dodger pitcher. I can still remember some of the old time TOPS baseball cards. Still remember collecting them. Great time to be a kid. The one thing I don't think I will ever forget is the smell of the bubble gum 'slab' that was in each pack of cards. Baseball as a kid was very similar to an actual religion back then. I still remember listening to quite a few games on the radio. One of thiose old table top models with the platic coated wires that were the antenna. I very faint memories of Robinson and also Ted Williams. may have seen them once or twice in passing. These were also the days of Willie, Mickey and the Duke. Also the days I put baseball card in the spokes of my bike for sound effects. Wonder how many of those cards would be worth some money today. I'm sure I had both the Mays and Mantle rookie cards back them and treated them as such .... straight to my bike spokes. What did I care about players I never heard of. My dad was always buying me baseball cards as a kid. I'm guessing that at 5 years old I had a shoebox full 'stars' .... that my dad brought home for me ...... wish I still had that shoebox!