• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fox's broadcast on Super Bowl Sunday

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the USA Today Sports Weekly, some interesting tidbits.

1) The cameras. More then 50 cameras will be in use. 14 robotic, the most for any game broadcast on Fox. 6 high-resolution cameras will capture the "Fox Super Zoom", and 8 high-speed cameras will handle super slow motion and X-Mo( what ever that is).

2) The announcers. Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and sideline reporter Pam Oliver and Erin Andrews. Mike Pereira will also be part of the broadcast crew.

3) The ratings. The six highest-rated programs in Fox history are Super Bowls. Toppedby Super Bowl XLV between Steelers and Packers in 2011. The average audience was 111,041,000. However the highest-rated Super Bowl came the following year on NBC with an average of 111,346,000 between the Giants and Patriots. The last four Super Bowls have had an average audience of more then 100 million.

I think this Super Bowl breaks all the records for most viewed. Sounds like the camera work should be awesome!

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap...

lol If a player has one of those annoying boogers or has a certain itch, I guess the world will know about it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More cameras hopefully means more angles to use for replay, if necessary. As far as the ratings go... this is a match-up of the best offense vs. the best defense, so that alone should be a big draw, especially when you consider that both units are among the best of all-time. It also sounds like the weather will cooperate after all, so they shouldn't have to move the game and risk losing viewers because of it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I cannot believe it is just a few days away. Doesn't even feel real!

Cant come soon enough. Im done with all the Super Bowl week stuff and I thought this year's media day especially sucked

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive lived in New Jersey last 12 years or so, so I dont know what the atmosphere was like around here leading up to the '05 SB, can anyone tell me if there is more, less, or about the same Seahawks mania in the Pac Northwest back then compared to now?

Every sign at a business I see says 'Go Hawks' if it has changeable lettering, half the area seems to be wearing a Hawks jersey, or hat, or something, my brothers office building at night has 12 in design from office lights on it.

Its crazy here!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like more hawk mania this year than in 05, but my memory has faded a bit.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely more excitement this time around. People were obviously excited in '05 because it was our first Super Bowl, but there was a different feel to it than there is now. Maybe it's the increased national exposure, maybe it's the personalities on the team or maybe it's the increased importance placed on The 12's by the team. Whatever it is, it feels different this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even close. Seahawk mania is miles ahead of where it was in '05, but it might be because of how much more this was expected. There were lots of people getting on the bandwagon to start the season this year with all of the expectations. In '05 there were a lot of questions and some early season losses probably got a few to jump off.

There is a lot more confidence in this team.

This is the second most energy I've seen in Seattle over one of its sports teams behind the fever of the '01 Mariners.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations are much higher for this team,damn Peyton Manning for making this so much harder.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a damn great game for sure. As usual, I just stay away from the media outlets until game day (mainly because I'm usually quite nervous) but now I'm in game mode and can't wait to enjoy some good football. Go Hawks!!

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations are much higher and of course social media is so much more prevalent now a days as compared to 05. No Facebook, Twitter, etc.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations are much higher and of course social media is so much more prevalent now a days as compared to 05. No Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I think that's the key. It's likely that people around the region were just as psyched about that Super Bowl and as they are about this one, but there really weren't any outlets other than the local news to effectively convey that excitement. There was national coverage, sure, but it seemed rather Steelers-centric to me. The biggest stories I remember from the lead-up to that game was the Steelers' quest to "Win one for the thumb" and "Win one for Bettis in his hometown in his last game". Those stories dominated the lead-up to the game and I think the only notable Seahawks coverage came courtesy of Jerramy Stevens. That's all I remember from the Seahawks side of things. I'm sure there was more than that, but that stands out. It certainly didn't feel the same as it does now.