• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something, something, corrupt children...
Didn’t this info come out when Kennedy gave up his seat?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the Kennedy who was on MTV last century?

Also, how does he plan to identify "Democrats"?

Or is he just going to shoot at anyone not white and take his chances?

If he doesn't flip it, he still is making Trump spend money defending what should have been a slam dunk. Net win.
-Yes that is the same Kennedy. I did not know that until I looked at that tweet.
-Great point I think he will just look for anyone with a "darker" hue of skin. Maybe., just maybe, Trump will show up where he is.
-That and it is making the likes of David Perdue, Doug Collins and Cruella spend a lot of money.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
csrhirg9ctv51.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean why not...maybe that was the goal of the Omaha event. Trying to prove to his base that global warming was a hoax by freezing them all?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Nebraska, it's worth noting that NE splits their EV votes. They give 2 to the winner of the statewide, but then split the others by Congressional district. The statewide is safe for Trump, but he's polling behind in the second (where Omaha is located) right now. It's only one EV, but every one counts.

Regarding Georgia, the state has one of the highest percentages of African American voters in the country, trailing only Miss. as a % of the electorate (about tied with Louisiana) and behind only Texas by a negligible amount in total number. That large group of the electorate makes GA at least worth looking at, since it was only about a 5% difference in 2016 (Clinton actually did better than Obama even) and Georgia also had one of the most engaged African American populations in the 2018 midterms (and much increased from 2016), so there's a noticeable trend.

If nothing else, it's close enough to force Trump to do some defending there and not be on offense somewhere else. If he loses Georgia, his path to the White House becomes extremely narrow where he basically needs to sweep all of WI, MI, NC, PA, and FL (if all other states go as currently projected). Not impossible mind you - and he did carry all of them in 2016 - but much harder.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Nebraska, it's worth noting that NE splits their EV votes. They give 2 to the winner of the statewide, but then split the others by Congressional district. The statewide is safe for Trump, but he's polling behind in the second (where Omaha is located) right now. It's only one EV, but every one counts.

Regarding Georgia, the state has one of the highest percentages of African American voters in the country, trailing only Miss. as a % of the electorate (about tied with Louisiana) and behind only Texas by a negligible amount in total number. That large group of the electorate makes GA at least worth looking at, since it was only about a 5% difference in 2016 (Clinton actually did better than Obama even) and Georgia also had one of the most engaged African American populations in the 2018 midterms (and much increased from 2016), so there's a noticeable trend.

If nothing else, it's close enough to force Trump to do some defending there and not be on offense somewhere else. If he loses Georgia, his path to the White House becomes extremely narrow where he basically needs to sweep all of WI, MI, NC, PA, and FL (if all other states go as currently projected). Not impossible mind you - and he did carry all of them in 2016 - but much harder.
WI has Biden +8 with one poll today saying +17 (probably why Trump wants to not count the votes there)
MI has Biden +8.5
PA has Biden +5
NC has Biden +3

Clinton was up in all of those at this point last election, but nowhere near as much as Biden is, and she was dropping. Joe is gaining in a lot of places, and holding steady everywhere else. He isn't losing ground anywhere. Plus it's a statistical dead heat in Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Georgia and Florida. If he loses even one of those coin flips, it's over. And Arizona is in between leaning to Joe by ~1 point.

You also have to consider that the polls missed the "silent Trump voter" last time. Is it even possible any Trump voter is silent this time around?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to consider that the polls missed the "silent Trump voter" last time. Is it even possible any Trump voter is silent this time around?
I think a lot of those "silent voters" have switched to the democrat this time around.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the day is out, likely to be over 80,000 new COVID-19 cases and 1000+ deaths and this clown continues to dance to "YMCA" at the end of another super spreader rally. What a ghoul.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people were embarrassed to say they supported him in 16 why would they be any less embarrassed after the last 4 years. Or even the last 8 months.

And re: the states you mentioned I'm not sure which polling company the numbers are from but the week before the election most polls had Clinton up 6% in WI, around 2% in PA and Trump with a 1% lead in NC according to RCP (not including MI because I think that one's cooked for him). So let's say the WI number is now impossible to overcome for him and the extra two percent will make a .72% victory margin like he won in 2016 impossible, PA (won by .72%) and NC (won by 3.6%) are still definitely in play for him at those poll numbers. If Georgia does stay red and so does AZ and IA he can win the election by carrying PA, NC, OH and FL. For me, that's worrisome enough to focus more on than unicorn possibilities like GA.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people were embarrassed to say they supported him in 16 why would they be any less embarrassed after the last 4 years. Or even the last 8 months.

And re: the states you mentioned I'm not sure which polling company the numbers are from but the week before the election most polls had Clinton up 6% in WI, around 2% in PA and Trump with a 1% lead in NC according to RCP (not including MI because I think that one's cooked for him). So let's say the WI number is now impossible to overcome for him and the extra two percent will make a .72% victory margin like he won in 2016 impossible, PA (won by .72%) and NC (won by 3.6%) are still definitely in play for him at those poll numbers. If Georgia does stay red and so does AZ and IA he can win the election by carrying PA, NC, OH and FL. For me, that's worrisome enough to focus more on than unicorn possibilities like GA.
They weren't embarrassed to say they were voting for him, they were "anxious" about the "economy" and were "underrepresented" in major polls. A lot called themselves "undecided".

And they were right pollsters largely ignored rural voters. Polling orgs have adjusted for that this time.

That said, if there was embarrassment last time there certainly isn't any now. Every house around here with a Biden sign has like one sign and maybe one or two for other local races. The Trump houses look like a Chinese sweatshop barfed all over their yard. Signs, Flags, Banners, Wind sails... One guy even spray painted "Trump" on a piece of plywood and put it up in his yard.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, if there was embarrassment last time there certainly isn't any now. Every house around here with a Biden sign has like one sign and maybe one or two for other local races. The Trump houses look like a Chinese sweatshop barfed all over their yard. Signs, Flags, Banners, Wind sails... One guy even spray painted "Trump" on a piece of plywood and put it up in his yard.
Hope they are safer than windmills!

Status
Not open for further replies.