• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four 4th Quarter Comeback Wins for Dalton in 11 Weeks

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It took Palmer 3 seasons and 2 full years (36 games) of starting to hit his 4th. Lol

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dalton stops taking your stalker phone calls are you going to turn on him too?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sandy vagina doesn't play for us anymore - Can we stop bringing her up now?

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you're being over-reactionary. Aaron Rodgers still get compared to Brett Favre during every game they play.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol. Marshall and Presbyterian Blue Hose

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're being over-reactionary. Aaron Rodgers still get compared to Brett Favre during every game they play.

And Packer fans couldn't give a damn about Favre or what he is up to.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Bengals have actually had 5 total. Gradkowski brought them back in Game 1 against the Browns. So, Dalton has only had 10 opportunities, not 11.

That said, Denver has the most under-appreciated defense in the league. I think the Bengals might have the 2nd.

In 3 of the 5 games, the defense gave up 3 second half points, in 1 of the games the defense gave up 0 points, and the 5th the defense gave up 7 points.

Furthermore, Carson really didn't have many comeback wins prior to 2009, where he had I think 5. It's no coincidence that was the first (and only) year Carson had a defense worth a lick.

Big Ben over his career has had many 4th quarter comeback wins. It's also no coincidence that in 2009 when their defense was great for 3 quarters and really struggled in the 4th (lost a bunch of games when teams came back on them in the 4th), that Ben may not have registered any (or very few) 4th quarter comeback wins.

Guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers don't register too many because they're usually leading in the 4th with great offenses.

Point being, these type of stats are usually more indicative of an overall defense (or offense) than it is of an individual player. A great offense will rarely see them. A great defense will always give you a shot and an opportunity to rack them up.

The one exception that does come to mind is Peyton Manning in 2009. He had a horrible defense and awful coaching staff, yet was able to accomplish 7-8 (IIRC) comeback wins much to his own credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told ya he'd be back to bein an ass in short notice. This board is goin to hell in a handbasket.

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are a Dayton fan. Chew on that.

Chew on what? UC has beaten mighty Alabama St, Jax St. and NW St. Flyers have beaten Wake Forest and Minnesota by 16. Funny how UC will never agree to play at UD Arena but is playing across town at Wright State. May not be such an easy win for them.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Palmer 3 seasons and 2 full years (36 games) of starting to hit his 4th. Lol

I agree.

I am happy our rebuilding phase has been short lived.

Dalton + Green > Palmer + Ochocinco

Plus, we get two first round draft picks.

If there is nothing there....I say we do what NE does and trade back into the middle of the second for an additional 1st round pick the following year. Keep mortgaging that pick back a year until we finally find the guy we want at the right spot.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chew on what? UC has beaten mighty Alabama St, Jax St. and NW St. Flyers have beaten Wake Forest and Minnesota by 16. Funny how UC will never agree to play at UD Arena but is playing across town at Wright State. May not be such an easy win for them.

What is the incentive for the Bearcats to play at UD? Why given them a home game against a Big East team? All it does is help Dayton with exposure which becomes an issue in recruiting - Why help another in-state school? Yeah, maybe we throw Wright State a bone, but that's probably more to do with drawing fans from a different part of the state and Wright State is not a real threat anyway.

Back in the day, OSU would never schedule UC - Same reason.

OrangeBlackRedWhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sad that my first post here is going to be Bip related after lingering for a few months...but Kramer has been right from the get-go. Should we expect him to bust out a bigshow appearance too?

Anyways, Dalton has been able to do it because the defense for the most part has buckled down in the 4th quarter. Now, don't interpret that as me saying Dalton hasn't been fantastic in the second half, because he has, but it isn't like he hasn't been given the opportunity to do so. Though it is quite fascinating that he has more comebacks in his first 10.5 games than Aaron Rodgers has had his entire career. (Granted, a lot of the time Rodgers hasn't really needed a comeback win)

OrangeBlackRedWhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And yet, UC fans (me included) still bitch about it. I would love to see UC/OSU just as I would UC/Dayton. No excuse why you can't play state rivals unless you really try for a cupcake schedule.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet, UC fans (me included) still bitch about it. I would love to see UC/OSU just as I would UC/Dayton. No excuse why you can't play state rivals unless you really try for a cupcake schedule.

You can blame the RPI and recruiting for the reasons why you don't see it happen. Let's take the OSU example from the 90s (when they wouldn't schedule UC)..... If they were to lose to a C-USA team, it would negatively impact their RPI because UC's strength of schedule was weak relative to their other losses (big 10 teams would have better strength of schedule). I think coaches and ADs have been risk averse - Why schedule a game against a tough team from a not-so-tough conference? Furthermore, why give a good in-state team exposure by beating the team from the larger conference?

Believe me, it used to piss me off when OSU would duck us as well. And I'd love to see UC play Dayton - Historically we've fared very well against them. But, until they revamp the RPI system or other metrics they use to select teams and seeds for the tourney, you just won't see it happen.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sad that my first post here is going to be Bip related after lingering for a few months...but Kramer has been right from the get-go. Should we expect him to bust out a bigshow appearance too?

Anyways, Dalton has been able to do it because the defense for the most part has buckled down in the 4th quarter. Now, don't interpret that as me saying Dalton hasn't been fantastic in the second half, because he has, but it isn't like he hasn't been given the opportunity to do so. Though it is quite fascinating that he has more comebacks in his first 10.5 games than Aaron Rodgers has had his entire career. (Granted, a lot of the time Rodgers hasn't really needed a comeback win)

Welcome to the board. Bip has been pretty well behaved for the most part, even with the Palmer dig here. Post more often. The more the merrier.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board. Bip has been pretty well behaved for the most part, even with the Palmer dig here. Post more often. The more the merrier.

I hope the owner of this board is cutting you a check of the profits to spew this tripe. Bip is a disease and he's certainly not welcome here.