• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Found a diamond in the rough!

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Went to a local pawn shop to see if they had any pistols I was interested in (unfortunately they didn't even sell any guns). So I go look around and I see a framed autographed picture of Steve Young with a plaque that says Superbowl MVP. Tucked under the glass and picture on the frame I see some paper. I knew it was the COA. I look at the price and I see $60. I'm about to run people over to buy it cause this thing is sweet. But I look under that price tag and and there's another. Clearance $39.99. Bought that sucker immediately to put to my collection. It's going right next to my autographed Joe Notre Dame jersey and Joe/Jerry picture.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for buying that. I've been signing those and slapping them in a $10 frame and leaving them all over the US. Glad to hear from another happy customer.

:evil:

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

hb2Sv.jpg

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an expert dude, but I'm sorry to say, I think you bought yourself a fake.

I was curious to what his stuff was going for and I used google and found this.

Looks like Steve usually flows his S directly into his T on all of these signed items... and it looks like your S and t are not connected in the same flow of the pen never leaving the paper.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an expert dude, but I'm sorry to say, I think you bought yourself a fake.

I was curious to what his stuff was going for and I used google and found this.

Looks like Steve usually flows his S directly into his T on all of these signed items... and it looks like your S and t are not connected in the same flow of the pen never leaving the paper.

You never know. In the link you provided, it looks different in a few of those. I got Michael Jordans autograph years ago and it didn't look the same as the one I saw in stores, but it was legit. I was the one who handed the card to him. He was in a hurry and signed it really quick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You never know. In the link you provided, it looks different in a few of those. I got Michael Jordans autograph years ago and it didn't look the same as the one I saw in stores, but it was legit. I was the one who handed the card to him. He was in a hurry and signed it really quick.

have to agree the S and T doesn't match, but the rest of his name looks about same?

since its a photo, he likely signed quite a few in one sitting?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for buying that. I've been signing those and slapping them in a $10 frame and leaving them all over the US. Glad to hear from another happy customer.

:evil:

Get back to the Rangers board fordman. You don't belong in these here parts! :smile:

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My most prized possession is my autograghed Jerry Rice poster. My Uncle met him in a mall in San Francisco in the early 90's. My Uncle actually convinced him to talk to me on the phone but we were not at home. I always wondered if my uncles story was true but then I got a poster with a printed signature and it matched perfectly. The coolest thing is it's actually signed to me.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't necessarily go by all of that. Like I said I have a Joe autograph and for some reason the hook on the J doesn't match but that's what he did. Not to mention since this is an NFL product it is most likely he signed a couple hundred. But honestly it's not even so much the autograph. I like the frame and pic. I go to the 49ers @ AZ game every year and twice it's been a MNF game. I hate to sound like a 12 year old female Beiber fan but once Steve said hi to me and while I've met many MANY celebrities, I was actually starstruck. To me that was way better. And I don't sell my stuff either. Have my autographs I have signed to me so that alone kills the value.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was gonna be a thread about sleeper draft prospects. Shucks, I guess I'll throw one out there anyway. Toney Clemons WR Colorado.