• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forty Three's Bold Playoff Predictions The West

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Blackhawks

The team that rolled all year continues rolling. Nothing at all would have been notable about their march to cup glory except for Duncan Keith continuing to offend everyone.

Jews – When remarking that a call was “cheap”.
Metalworkers union – “We’re all kind of like grinders”
Pittsburgh – “Johnny T is a legit MVP candidate”
Cabbies – “Pat Kane is a good friend”
Matt Cooke – “No, I don’t want to talk about my penis.”

Keith missed the last 3 games after his PR team wrapped him in bubble wrap and put him in a storage locker in Evanston after he said “We’ve found the chink in their armor”.

Mighty Los Ducks of Anahengeles
The only thing remarkable about the Ducks is that there is NOTHING remarkable about the Ducks. I really can’t even be bothered to make up anything funny. Because it won’t be. What can I do? Getzlafs hair? That weird ass commercial with Lidstrom and Perry and the hats? Victor Fasth channeling Martin Gerber with that mask early on? Bruce Boudreau looking like a giant thumb?

Nothing. Funny.

Which is why it is so earth shattering when they are repurchased by Disney who immediately replaces their goalies with “Herbie the Love Bug”.

Vancouver Canucks

The Canucks roll into the playoffs despite the adversity surrounding the fact that BOTH Sedins were touched or tapped within the last week of the season. Shopkeepers all over downtown Vancouver boarded up their stores on news that in one case, Daniel Sedin was slashed sorta and there was NO CALL. “C’mon refs!” shouted the owner of Bob’s Handy Mart. “I am terrified of fire!” Once underway in the playoffs, the Canucks find an inner strength not usually seen. They are Aggressive. Undaunted. Relentless. Of course we’re not talking about game play, we’re talking about whining to the refs. Henrik Sedin has a bullhorn placed on the bench so he can shout in Swedish about how “that guy, like, skated right next to me and stuff”.

The chant at games slowly migrates from “Let’s go Nucks!” to “Call more penalties”. Ironically, this works as Derek Roy spends, on average, 8 minutes a game in the box for embellishment, often getting called for falling down as early as pre game warm up.

The Canucks are eliminated while down two men (Roy and Garrison skated past each other, touched, and dropped like sacks of cement). As the arena emptied, and Bob’s Handy mart relocated to Saskatoon, team officials had to tell Ryan Kesler and Roberto Luongo that it was over. They failed to notice because they had been engaged n a Twitter war over Penises and bad contracts, much to the interest of Matt Cooke. And Daniel Briere. But for different reasons. Probably.

The Off season is a successful one though. Derek Roy wins “Celebrity Diving” despite the handicap of needing stagehand to tap him with a hockey stick before each dive, and Dave Nonis is featured on a powerful and moving episode of “Goalie Hoarders”.

Lost Angel Kings

Right off the bat, the excitement of the return of Dustin Penner is quashed when it is learned he gave himself a concussion opening a bag of Funyons in an airport lobby. It would not be as big an issue if he hadn’t hit little Jeffy in the face which made Jeffy lose two more teeth and drop his Vodka bottle. When Mike Richards dives to catch the bottle, he rolls over Anze Koitar’s ankle.

And to make matters worse, it is explained to the league that the Kings may wind up playing the Red Wings at some point, and Brenden Shanahan announces that he doesn’t feel that Dustin Brown is really “sorry” and suspends him for five more games “Pending a matchup against the Wings”.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saint Joseph Sharks

Yes. They made the playoffs. Yes, Joe Thornton is on the team. What do you THINK is gonna happen?

Although watching Brett Burns grow his playoff pelt provides a fun distraction.

San Louie Blues
It looks like an uphill battle when they wander into the playoffs with a goalie who, according to Ottawa, is past his prime (Elliott). But there is one big move the Blues made near the end of the season that really gave a needed shot in the arm. In one fell swoop, the immediately upgraded their defence’s ability to break out of a zone, improved play from the point and instantly added grit to the blue line. I am talking about the trade that will come to be talked about as the blueprint for “deadline deal”. Of course, I am referring to getting rid of Wade Redden.

And they picked up another 2 D-men in the process, although looking up their names I see one came from Cagary and one from Buffalo, so… Never been in the playoffs, I guess. It doesn’t really matter anyway. THEY GOT RID OF WADE REDDEN. HOORAY!

The Blues march into the playoffs and play prototypical Blues hockey which is “two rounds at best”.

Detroit Red Wings
So they made it in. 23rd straight year or something. It’s a pretty major accomplishment and Mike Babcock should get a lot credit. Henrik Zetterberg, faced with the daunting role of being the next in line behind Yzerman and Lidstrom said it best when he said “Me? I’M the captain?”

They make a strong run at it, and battle hard. They get some luck when a lot of opposing teams commit horrible penalties and get players suspended. They fall just short of the cup finals, losing to Chicago despite Marian Hossa getting suspended 4 games for a slash, Crawford 2 for hooking and Patrick Kane five “For those superman glasses” at the all star game.

Minnesota Dirty Rat Fuckers.

On the strength of a disallowed Colorado goal that was “kicked” in with a motion so fast that no camera caught it, the dirty rat fuckers blast into the playoffs, as was expected when they made that huge splash last offseason. It was so big a splash that even Jeremy Jacobs said “Maybe what we owners are doing is out of hand” and caused the lockout. But let’s not get caught up in the details of what the dirty rat fuckers did or didn’t do to crush the NHL and all the people who rely on it to make a living. Let’s focus on the on ice product. The team was surprising. Led by Zack Parise’s pregame locker room speeches about dividends and long term investment strategies and Ryan Suter agreeing to take any player winning first star of the game for a ride in whichever one of his Ferraris was at the rink that day (Dany Heatley politely declined the one time he won it). The physical play was led by the king of the dirty rat fuckers, Cal Clusterfuck. And the scoring and leadership came from Koivu. Whichever one is in Minnesota, don’t ya know.

No one was really surprised when they get absolutely manhandled in the first round, and Patrick Kane is heard to remark “God damn, I am glad it was those guys and not Columbus. That was like a first round bye”. And their utter humiliation was small consolation for the city of Columbus who has been stabbed right in the heart for two straight years by the dirty rat fuckers.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Dave Nonis is featured on a powerful and moving episode of “Goalie Hoarders”.

all canucks fans are hoping Nonis can swing that Luongo and Eberle for Couturier deal

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all canucks fans are hoping Nonis can swing that Luongo and Eberle for Couturier deal

Uhhhh, oops. When you see "Nonis", your mind reads "Gillis".

CURSE YOU SHORT TERM EDIT BUTTON!

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Dirty Rat Fuckers.

On the strength of a disallowed Colorado goal that was “kicked” in with a motion so fast that no camera caught it

How the War Room ruled that Kobasew used a distinct kicking motion is beyond me...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the War Room ruled that Kobasew used a distinct kicking motion is beyond me...

Add that to the four disallowed goals by Calvert, two of which were while he was being tackled, and I am beginning suspect someone in the War Rom dislikes Columbus.

Where is Doug MacLean?