• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forever Kobe

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't see him do much of that anymore especially with the combo of age and the Achilles tendon rupture. Those days are most certainly done.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't see him do much of that anymore especially with the combo of age and the Achilles tendon rupture. Those days are most certainly done.

When I saw the commercial last night I thought the same thing. Almost like they know something we haven't been told yet.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Sam Sportboy: What "they" know is what Chauncey Billups now knows-that being he is pretty much done. Everything I have read about Chauncey is what I predicted over on SeeBS. That being that he can not change directions with explosive power like he once did and he can't jump with authority either like he once did. As I have stated before, this injury is more often than not a career-ender and the Clips and Chauncey are re-evaluating his return next season along with other things like re-signing CP3.

The career-ender may not be immediate in Kobe's case like say a Dominique Wilkins who only lasted one additional year but nonetheless, it ended Wilkins' career earlier than Wilkins wanted. Without it, Wilkins probably would have played and additional 4-5 years (his admission).

And though many people want to see Kobe make a comeback just because he is Kobe, the reality is that Kobe may very well be more human-like than everyone including Kobe want to admit and he may be pretty much done.

Laker fans need to prepare for the eventual day of no longer seeing Kobe on the court as a player. Perhaps we may be seeing the beginning of Kobe's coaching career if that is in the offing.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for me I haven't lived in LA for Kobe's whole career but I did get to see him play against the Jazz one time. Sitting in the nosebleeds at the Delta Center got to see him jam one over Ostertag..........I jumped out of my seat yelling and screaming...............and had about 1000 very angry Jazz fans wanting to kill me (those Mormons can get very vicious with a couple of brews in 'em).
With that said, I almost wonder if this is the way he will/should go out.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard that he tore his AT I said it's over.

Yeah he may come back and play but he won't be the dominant player he was.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Sam Sportboy: I know exactly what you mean. I caught a Jazz game against the Mavs in the Delta Center once while seeing a friend in Salt Lake. I know how those Momo's can get like you stated "with a few brews in them" and you cheer the opponent on.

I hope Kobe's career is extended but again, the reality of it can be very stark and discouraging.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MarkOU: Funny, I shouted the same thing when I was watching the game. And then I just kinda a froze knowing what I know about that injury.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was the only game I caught while there and I have to say it was a good one to catch. It was also one of the few in the "Dennis Rodman Experiment". He didn't last long though as he and Malone got into it and Rodman got tossed................lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sam, isn't that Wendy O. Williams from the Plasmatics in your avi?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, sure is. Was gonna use another pic but didn't want to get tossed already....she looks alot better without the mohawk and black tape on her tits.........lol. BTW, haven't seen BRS around lately. Wanted to show him I'm slowly catching his VCash. Gotta say, it ain't easy! He must have just been doubling down on damn near evey bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MarkOU: Funny, I shouted the same thing when I was watching the game. And then I just kinda a froze knowing what I know about that injury.

I actually first thought he was going to walk it off since he came back and made the free throws..........not knowing how it will affect his play must be killing him as well.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Kobe NEVER got his just due on how high he could jump way back when. Dude was one of the best risers of the 2000's. As for the night when he tore his achillies tendon, I may have been more effected by other injuries, but I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a sports injury ever. The thing is, he went down the first time and stayed down, they kept him in. He went down a second time, and stayed down, they kept him in. At this point on the cbs boards, I said TAKE HIM OUT before something serious happens. Then when he went down without contact, I had a feeling that he was done, because as in football those non-contact injuries are the absolute worst. I've had alot of complaints about D'antoni, but not taking Kobe out after the 2nd time he went down, and then seeing him go out like that was almost like the straw that broke the camel's back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Kold, I remember how you were posting so feverishly over on the old slimepit SeeBS. Nearly yelling to get him outta there!! In retrospect I think you knew what so many were thinking and certainly frikkin' Dont'knowi either knew and didn't do anything or didm't know and foolishly ended perhaps one the all-time great's career. We shall see how this saga unfolds as months go by.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Kobe NEVER got his just due on how high he could jump way back when. Dude was one of the best risers of the 2000's.

Kobe had some sick hops. Those first few years post-Shaq, Kobe could basically get a good look at the basket any time he wanted to. He could simply out-jump any defender and get a clean look with his jumpshot. It was practically unblockable. Defenders resorted to sticking their hands in his face with hopes of disrupting his vision. Once he started having knee issues though, he started going to more of a fadeaway jumper.