• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For You Brandin Cooks Fans...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who wouldn't take Brandin Cooks for a 2nd is out of their fuckin mind. Dude is an absolute baller. NO has done a great job at drafting WRs, and that offense has never run off 1 target -- they spread the ball around so much in NO. They're not going to pay him when his contract is up, they might as well get something for him now. I'd gladly do a 2nd and player/4th for Cooks, are you shitting me?!

Great to hear from you. Been awhile, Bud.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing, the Eagles have now become heavy favorites to land Brandin Cooks for a 2nd rounder and possibly another pick or player. I didn't realize that the Eagles would get a team option for another season with him. Not saying that the Eagles wouldn't just give him a new contract ... but they could have him for 2 years on the very cheap and then Franchise him year 3 "if" for some reason they can't agree on a long term deal.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that they will negotiate a deal with Cooks before the deal is completed; or they may want to see how well he does this season to judge his worth for a long term deal. Maybe a 6 year deal @ $10M per? If we do this deal, I still want them to draft another WR in a mid round.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could get Cooks for a second rounder, that would be worth it. He is a sure thing as a speedy receiver, and we could handle committing to paying him longer term, so that would be fine.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks' problem in New Orleans is that he wants the ball a lot more and Brees loves to spread it out to as many targets as possible. Cooks would have no lack of targets here ...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mychal Kendricks and a third rounder? :trash:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mychal Kendricks and a third rounder? :trash:

No, I'm sure that Tennessee will beat that offer. It will surely cost a 2nd + 1 or 2 players, and that is fine, as they want to clear cap space anyway, so giving up Barwin + Kendricks (or Curry), and a #2, wil not be a problem. Cooks fits us perfectly: speed, hands, youth, etc. I see no downside of making this trade at all.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make the trade in a heartbeat, I dont care what they have to pay him if they extend him either. Its not my money, i honestly dont get why people care so much about the cap.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks to the Eagles seems dead ... Saints want way too much. Not only do they want a 1st, but also picks in 2018 on top of it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly I'm torn this morning on the idea of a much higher pick for this kid than I felt days ago. I thought nothing more than a 3rd-4th. This morning espn reports that the Pats offered the #32 pick and the Saints said "no thanks. We think we could do better"

The torn part....was that report for real? I know teams have colluded in ways in the past. If it is for real than the Saints are telling Howie they want #14/15. And....does it make sense to give our first for Cooks or use it on bpa available at that pick?

Whether it's a real story or not it moves my perception off of a 3/4 rounder doing the trick. And it makes me very leery of pulling any trigger on the question marks on this kid.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks to the Eagles seems dead ... Saints want way too much. Not only do they want a 1st, but also picks in 2018 on top of it.

Here's hoping it's dead. Too rich. And that's not a kind of move a team at this stage of a rebuild makes. A team that feels 1-2 steps away from the top or wants to stay on top puts so much into one player. At our spot we need to make proper young picks and build in that way.

Here is hoping Howie and Co stick with this pragmatic approach.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly I'm torn this morning on the idea of a much higher pick for this kid than I felt days ago. I thought nothing more than a 3rd-4th. This morning espn reports that the Pats offered the #32 pick and the Saints said "no thanks. We think we could do better"

The torn part....was that report for real? I know teams have colluded in ways in the past. If it is for real than the Saints are telling Howie they want #14/15. And....does it make sense to give our first for Cooks or use it on bpa available at that pick?

Whether it's a real story or not it moves my perception off of a 3/4 rounder doing the trick. And it makes me very leery of pulling any trigger on the question marks on this kid.

Report: Patriots offered 32nd pick for Brandin Cooks

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping it's dead. Too rich. And that's not a kind of move a team at this stage of a rebuild makes. A team that feels 1-2 steps away from the top or wants to stay on top puts so much into one player. At our spot we need to make proper young picks and build in that way.

Here is hoping Howie and Co stick with this pragmatic approach.

Yeah, who knows what the offers are. But if true about the Pats, then I sign Pryor, and draft one of the best 3 WRs in the draft. At that pint, I do like Ross better than Cooks.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, this answers why Howie hasnt cut guys like Connors or Kendricks yet. If they add value to any trade, that's fantastic.

Getting Cooks for even a 2 would give us fantastic flexibility with our #1 in the draft. Suddenly we could go RB, WR, CB, or IMO OT. Would be a huge score. Imagine getting Mike Williams and giving Wentz a receiving corps of Cooks, Williams, Matthews, and Ertz.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would I give up the 14th pick in the draft for Cooks. If you want a receiver for Wentz that bad you just grab Pryor/Stills in free agency even if you have to overpay a bit. Again, I like Cooks, but Stills pretty much gives you the same thing you get from Cooks and you don't have to give up any picks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, who knows what the offers are. But if true about the Pats, then I sign Pryor, and draft one of the best 3 WRs in the draft. At that point, I do like Ross better than Cooks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would I give up the 14th pick in the draft for Cooks. If you want a receiver for Wentz that bad you just grab Pryor/Stills in free agency even if you have to overpay a bit. Again, I like Cooks, but Stills pretty much gives you the same thing you get from Cooks and you don't have to give up any picks.

Does Stills' production equal Cooks last two years though? Just asking.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing, the Eagles have now become heavy favorites to land Brandin Cooks for a 2nd rounder and possibly another pick or player. I didn't realize that the Eagles would get a team option for another season with him. Not saying that the Eagles wouldn't just give him a new contract ... but they could have him for 2 years on the very cheap and then Franchise him year 3 "if" for some reason they can't agree on a long term deal.

You're DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Saints turned down the Patriots offer of the #32 pick in the first round for Cooks.

They have said outright they want a mid- first rounder. Philly and the Titans have the #14 and #18 which is what they want. A second round pick will not do it if #32 in the first won't.

The Patriots are now in serious talks with Cleveland about Jimmy Garapollo for the #12 and change. The Pats want Cooks bad and they'll give the Saints the #12 to get him.

Edelman, Mitchell, Hogan, Cooks and Gronkowski...........Ring #6.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Saints turned down the Patriots offer of the #32 pick in the first round for Cooks.

They have said outright they want a mid- first rounder. Philly and the Titans have the #14 and #18 which is what they want. A second round pick will not do it if #32 in the first won't.

The Patriots are now in serious talks with Cleveland about Jimmy Garapollo for the #12 and change. The Pats want Cooks bad and they'll give the Saints the #12 to get him.

Edelman, Mitchell, Hogan, Cooks and Gronkowski...........Ring #6.

When I "originally" posted that ... it was "prior" to the news about the Pats offer coming out.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Stills' production equal Cooks last two years though? Just asking.

Drew Brees is a million times better than Ryan Tannehill. If Stills would have stayed in New Orleans I think the production would have been around the same as we saw with Cooks. Even with Tannehill, Stills still out TD'd Cooks this past season by 1 in Miami's run first Offense.