• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For You Brandin Cooks Fans...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they need LB help.

We have a guy who plays 8 games a season they could have.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Cook ... but is he a #1 or is he Kenny Stills with a better QB throwing to him in a pass first Offense?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't want to give up much for him. Wentz needs a big guy or a deep threat. Cooks is neither. He's a volume guy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to post this. He's the kind of player we desperately need, but it may take a first rounder to do it, and that is a high price.

Also...you have to consider why a team like the Saints would trade him. The answer appears to be that he has diva issues, wants the ball all the time, pouts even when the team is winning, etc. Not a great character reference, though he is apparently very clean off the field as a person.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to post this. He's the kind of player we desperately need, but it may take a first rounder to do it, and that is a high price.

Also...you have to consider why a team like the Saints would trade him. The answer appears to be that he has diva issues, wants the ball all the time, pouts even when the team is winning, etc. Not a great character reference, though he is apparently very clean off the field as a person.

A 1st rounder for him would be a friggin joke.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that despite the #'s he's put up the past couple of years, NO is slowly phasing him out of their passing game with the emergence of Willie Snead and Michael Thomas - thus trade him now and try to get as much in return, e.g. what they did with a younger Kenny Stills a couple of years ago. Intriguing player but he's a #2 at best and personally I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd and a 5th.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that despite the #'s he's put up the past couple of years, NO is slowly phasing him out of their passing game with the emergence of Willie Snead and Michael Thomas - thus trade him now and try to get as much in return, e.g. what they did with a younger Kenny Stills a couple of years ago. Intriguing player but he's a #2 at best and personally I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd and a 5th.

This. I was just going to say this.......I really don't think it would take anything near a #1. I think NO has identified Thomas as their #1 guy and Snead as a fantastic go-to piece. Cooks is rather easily expendable for them.

I would offer said mentioned LB (Saints ALWAYS need D help) and a 4th-5th AT MOST. I do not think he answers the number one question....but I have not thought a Stills or D-Jax would either. The number one will have to be grown in my view. He is only on contract one more year.....$2.6M next year.

If we could get him cheap enough (a disposable player and maybe pick #139 that we just got for free?) we could improve next year and then see where he fits going forward in a year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have deep speed and that is what we need. A second rounder? I'd do it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a lot better indoors than outdoors.

Dome Games 25
Targets 185
Receptions 128
Yards 1785
YPC 13.95
TDs 14

Outdoor Games 12
Targets 87
Receptions 60
Yards 694
YPC 11.57
TDs 4

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep in mind that Cooks is on the final year of his rookie contract ... he's likely looking for big bux. So not only would we be giving up a high draft pick, but also shelling out a new big money deal. We can do that with Kenny Stills and not have to give up any picks if we really want to go that route.

G

greenwing

Id love for this to happen but the saints are going to ask for a #1 pick and Tennessee has two.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep in mind that Cooks is on the final year of his rookie contract ... he's likely looking for big bux. So not only would we be giving up a high draft pick, but also shelling out a new big money deal. We can do that with Kenny Stills and not have to give up any picks if we really want to go that route.

This Cooks thing would be horrible. I'm hoping the Eagles are only being mentioned because an agent thought our activity in years past made it believable. There is barely anything to like about adding Cooks and a whole lot to not like. Huge money, huge compensation, and not even for a #1 WR. It would be a brutal mistake.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love for this to happen but the saints are going to ask for a #1 pick and Tennessee has two.

If the Saints get a #1 out of anyone then they found a sucker. A round 1 WR you get for 4 years. Cooks you get for 2 years. The Saints offense will not miss him either.

G

greenwing

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cooks is a good WR and was underused by the saints. That being said it looks like we wont have to give up a first for him.

Brandin Cooks - New Orleans Saints - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Hell I'll even throw in Micheal Kendricks and chase Daniels for free .

The Saints don't underuse anyone. They throw more than anyone. Kenny Stills most receptions and yards are still when he was a Saint and it's not even close.

I'm starting to wonder if Cooks is the most overrated WR in the league.

G

greenwing

The Saints don't underuse anyone. They throw more than anyone. Kenny Stills most receptions and yards are still when he was a Saint and it's not even close.

I'm starting to wonder if Cooks is the most overrated WR in the league.

Would you rather us just sign Stills at 12 million a year? Im perfectly OK with this trade. Cooks is a good player. You will see.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who in their right mind would give up a 1 for this guy. I'd say the max is a 3. Maybe... Maybe a 3 and a player that was out the door anyway.

G

greenwing

Dont understand the Cooks hate. The guy is fast as hell and can actually catch the ball.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate him... just think nobody in their right mind gives up a 1 or 2 for him when they can get somebody in the draft with similar skills and more years/less money than him.