• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For You Brandin Cooks Fans...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather us just sign Stills at 12 million a year? Im perfectly OK with this trade. Cooks is a good player. You will see.

No I don't want to pay Stills 12 this year nor do I want to pay Cooks 15 in two years. Both are incredibly overrated, but at least Stills is an elite deep threat and doesn't cost a draft pick.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont understand the Cooks hate. The guy is fast as hell and can actually catch the ball.

The Saints will not miss him at all. They are trying to fleece somebody.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the fact that Cooks is a proven WR, unlike a guy like Agholor. I would give up a 2nd + a player that we want to cut anyway (Kendricks; Barwin; Daniel; etc.).

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And cooks isn't an elite deep threat?

Wow, thats some bad coverage. Not sure why the safety isn't rolled to that side with the corner playing press.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current rumor has the Eagles in the lead with a 2nd round pick as the compensation. I am ok with that because Cooks is a proven NFL players. We have seen how high picks sometimes do not work out. If they make this move I would like to see them grab another WR in FA. The one thing I do worry about is Cooks wanting a long term high dollar contract when his rookie contract expires.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And cooks isn't an elite deep threat?

No. He's a volume guy. It took him 3 years to average 15 YPC. That's not what elite deep threats do.

Furthermore he does most of his damage in the fine prissy conditions in a dome and not outdoors in the elements. Like was shown up thread. He'd barely help us in a home playoff game.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Philly reporting possibly for a second round pick?!

Absolutely!!! Grab Cook at RB with our #1 and this offense has weapons again.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's a volume guy. It took him 3 years to average 15 YPC. That's not what elite deep threats do.

Furthermore he does most of his damage in the fine prissy conditions in a dome and not outdoors in the elements. Like was shown up thread. He'd barely help us in a home playoff game.
playoffs-o.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Philly reporting possibly for a second round pick?!

Absolutely!!! Grab Cook at RB with our #1 and this offense has weapons again.

A 2nd round pick for a two year rental player is stupid. And paying the 30-50 best WR in the league top 10 money after those two rental years is even more fucking stupid.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I was just going to say this.......I really don't think it would take anything near a #1. I think NO has identified Thomas as their #1 guy and Snead as a fantastic go-to piece. Cooks is rather easily expendable for them.

I would offer said mentioned LB (Saints ALWAYS need D help) and a 4th-5th AT MOST. I do not think he answers the number one question....but I have not thought a Stills or D-Jax would either. The number one will have to be grown in my view. He is only on contract one more year.....$2.6M next year.

If we could get him cheap enough (a disposable player and maybe pick #139 that we just got for free?) we could improve next year and then see where he fits going forward in a year.

IDK what he would mean to the Eagles OFC, but he's a legit WR2 with deep speed, runs good routes, can play slot or outside. As a few has said...Thomas has emerged as the WR1, add in Snead, Coleman and Fleener the Saints feel like they have enough air firepower without Cooks.

Considering the Titans seem to be a player in this as well it might take a 1st rounder and of course they have one to spare.

Saints have a good young MLB in Anthony, but like a lot of teams need that edge guy.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, so you'd pass on a 23-yo WR with two 1000 yard seasons and no injury history and a year left on the contract because he played in an offense that had other receivers?

This kid has no red flags...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd round pick for a two year rental player is stupid. And paying the 30-50 best WR in the league top 10 money after those two rental years is even more fucking stupid.

A stud WR threat for even two year at a cheap rate is a deal. If he works out, we re-sign him.

He is clearly better than any of the WR options out there and a lot cheaper.

AND if reports are true, we would keep our #1 pick ? Crazy to turn this down.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stud WR threat for even two year at a cheap rate is a deal. If he works out, we re-sign him.

He is clearly better than any of the WR options out there and a lot cheaper.

AND if reports are true, we would keep our #1 pick ? Crazy to turn this down.

1 year cheap, 6 years overpaid. Is that what you call cheap? He's not that good. And in the most pass happy offense in the league with one of the top 3 QBs the 1000 yard seasons don't mean much.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you'd pass on a 23-yo WR with two 1000 yard seasons and no injury history and a year left on the contract because he played in an offense that had other receivers?

This kid has no red flags...

If he had no red flags the Saints would keep him. They are looking for a sucker and you want it to be us.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do it, but would hope we can negotiate a long term deal with him first.

If it happens, I hope we still get anther WR in FA, so we can draft a couple of corners, having our WR corp set.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd consider it.

His numbers in games outside is of some concern, but we are in dire need what he's capable of.

Jeffery is a piss test from getting 10 games off, Stills (also a New Orleans castoff) is a flake on his way to his 3rd team and the rest are guys on the wrong side of 30.

Kamar Aiken is a guy I would consider, but Cooks checks the most boxes for me.

Of course, we could depend on a rook and try to bring Jackson back for 10 mil a year and pray he doesn't hit the wall. ...and those rooks, Davis will probably be gone and Williams is slow. After that you have some talent, but no locks.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need 2 WR's with 2 totally different skillsets. We need a speed guy that can spread the offense, and we need a true #1 physical WR with some speed. He is clearly not that. But he is the other. Cook would be in place of Djackson, imho. The big issue here, is how much are we giving up and the fact that he would need another contract after this year. I would only spend draft resources "IF" we also got a contract agreement in place now as well. No way you trade even a 2nd round pick for a 1 year contract.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that's what will happen. We gt to negotiate a long term deal, and give up our #2, plus Barwin, or Curry, or Kendricks, even though they want a pass rusher v.s LB.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who wouldn't take Brandin Cooks for a 2nd is out of their fuckin mind. Dude is an absolute baller. NO has done a great job at drafting WRs, and that offense has never run off 1 target -- they spread the ball around so much in NO. They're not going to pay him when his contract is up, they might as well get something for him now. I'd gladly do a 2nd and player/4th for Cooks, are you shitting me?!