• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For You Brandin Cooks Fans...

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is that they turned down the 18th pick in the draft from the Titans. If they are in fact trying to trade him, I'm not sure what more they can be asking for? Actually very surprised (if true) that the Titans offered the 18th pick.
I'll give you a play-by-play of how that went.

Mickey Loomis (Saints GM) : "Who wants to role play some fantasy football?"
Jeff Ireland (Ass. GM): "Oh I do, I do!"
ML: "Okay Jeff go in and call me with a best case deal for Cooks"
JI: "Gotcha"
Ring Ring
ML: "Hello Mickey Loomis"
JI: "Hi Mickey its me Jon "stupid face" Robinson I want to give you our 1st round pick #18 overall"
ML: "Really??!?!?! Done Deal"
ML: "Okay Jeff come on back in"
JI: "Mickey who is Jeff, this is Jon"
ML: "Damn it Jeff knock it off were done playing"
JI: "Damn I was having fun"
ML: "Okay time to call the Titans -- that was pretty easy to get their pick in our role playing"
Ring Ring
JR: "Hello this is Jon Robinson"
ML: "Hey Jon how are you doing?"
JR: "Not bad just getting back from the Combine"
ML: "Cool, cool. Hey want to run something by you. How would you like to give us the 18th pick for Cooks? Straight-up no chaser."
JR: "Is this Crank Yankers"
ML: "Who?"
JR: "Candid Camera"
ML: "No this is Mickey Loomis -- Saints GM"
JR: "Hahahahahahahahahaha --- seriously -- please send me whatever you guys are smoking. Hahahahahahahaha"
Click
ML: "Damn it Jeff he didnt bite"
ML: "Jeff tell that brother in law of yours that we just turned down the Titans 18th pick."
JI: "Why?"
ML: "Cause he'll tell everyone"

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps most NFL organizations including the Superbowl champs recognize Cooks value. Unlike some posters on this forum.

Not worth a 1st round pick, IMO. I'd be OK giving up as much as a 2nd rounder. Saints seem adamant wanting a 1st, but maybe Kendricks with the 2nd could be enticing to them because they get a pick and a player.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you a play-by-play of how that went.

Mickey Loomis (Saints GM) : "Who wants to role play some fantasy football?"
Jeff Ireland (Ass. GM): "Oh I do, I do!"
ML: "Okay Jeff go in and call me with a best case deal for Cooks"
JI: "Gotcha"
Ring Ring
ML: "Hello Mickey Loomis"
JI: "Hi Mickey its me Jon "stupid face" Robinson I want to give you our 1st round pick #18 overall"
ML: "Really??!?!?! Done Deal"
ML: "Okay Jeff come on back in"
JI: "Mickey who is Jeff, this is Jon"
ML: "Damn it Jeff knock it off were done playing"
JI: "Damn I was having fun"
ML: "Okay time to call the Titans -- that was pretty easy to get their pick in our role playing"
Ring Ring
JR: "Hello this is Jon Robinson"
ML: "Hey Jon how are you doing?"
JR: "Not bad just getting back from the Combine"
ML: "Cool, cool. Hey want to run something by you. How would you like to give us the 18th pick for Cooks? Straight-up no chaser."
JR: "Is this Crank Yankers"
ML: "Who?"
JR: "Candid Camera"
ML: "No this is Mickey Loomis -- Saints GM"
JR: "Hahahahahahahahahaha --- seriously -- please send me whatever you guys are smoking. Hahahahahahahaha"
Click
ML: "Damn it Jeff he didnt bite"
ML: "Jeff tell that brother in law of yours that we just turned down the Titans 18th pick."
JI: "Why?"
ML: "Cause he'll tell everyone"

Now this is more believable than Cooks for a Top 20 pick. Hahahaha

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe... the Saints are NOT that serious about getting rid of cooks.. and would be just as happy to keep him another year.. and are only willing to get rid of him, if someone will overpay. With 2 years left on his contract, I bet they accept less next year than this year, knowing it's their last chance to get anything at all.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly sure why the Saints would be willing to trade Cooks. Brees doesn't have that long at the elite, top 3 at QB level, and they've done a pretty fair job of infusing their D with some talented young defenders the last couple years. If I were them, I'd not worry about losing Cooks for nothing in 2 years and instead keep him and try to make a run at another SB in the next 2 years. With Brees and an improving D I don't think it's so far fetched.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears that the Saints have lowered the cost for Cooks? I'm wondering if Curry and our 2nd rounder would get it done?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots traded for Cooks. 1st and a 3rd.

Laughing at everyone who thought Cooks wasn't even worth a 2nd :trash::trash:

Best team in football just nabbed a BALLER.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we could have had Cooks for a 2nd + 4th + Kendricks.

Even with Jeffrey and Smith, we'd better still draft a speed WR early, as there are no guarantees that we'll keep Jeffrey and Smith. Some names to keep in mind in the mid rounds: Zay Jones, Isaiah Ford, K.D. Cannon, Dede Westbrook, and Taywon Taylor. If not, we might fall back into something we had before free agency. YIKES!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that the offer from the Pats was a bs leak from the Saints to drive up the price. At least that's what I'm getting from a few Pat Boards out there. I think in the end Cooks stays with the Saints and the Eagles end up signing Pryor.

I guess that BS leak just sank that ship..........

Belichick knew that he couldn't draft a player at #32 anywhere near Cooks. It would take at least 1 if not 2 years to develop someone who could perform at his level. The trades the Patriots made yesterday wipe out their draft in the first and second rounds...................unless they trade Garapollo.

Hello..................??? Hey Bill........it's the Browns calling.........

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that BS leak just sank that ship..........

Belichick knew that he couldn't draft a player at #32 anywhere near Cooks. It would take at least 1 if not 2 years to develop someone who could perform at his level. The trades the Patriots made yesterday wipe out their draft in the first and second rounds...................unless they trade Garapollo.

Hello..................??? Hey Bill........it's the Browns calling.........

It's a good trade for New England ... rumors are obviously just rumors, sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. Brady makes everyone better ... I know I'll be looking at Cooks early in fantasy football this season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for the Patriots, short term and long term. It improves their team in the immediate future. Aside from that -- Let's say this is Brady's last year. If they keep Garoppolo, they'll roll him out with an established WR. We know Brady/Belichick can turn garbage into gold at WR but who knows if that'll be true with Garoppolo/Belichick.