• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

..... For TX to win the Big 12

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot have it both ways.

You cannot have this dominating pass rush causing turnovers and sacks
And also have a complex zone defense preventing big pass plays in the secondary.

I don't mind the occasional big pass play.
As long as the SACKS, INTERCEPTIONS, NEGATIVE PLAYS, and FORCED FUMBLES keep piling up.

Texas cannot tackle well enough to play a zone defense anyways.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for tx to win the big xii?

OU would need to have a down year.

That was easy.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot have it both ways.

You cannot have this dominating pass rush causing turnovers and sacks
And also have a complex zone defense preventing big pass plays in the secondary.

I don't mind the occasional big pass play.
As long as the SACKS, INTERCEPTIONS, NEGATIVE PLAYS, and FORCED FUMBLES keep piling up.

Texas cannot tackle well enough to play a zone defense anyways.
-
that is not true. That is exactly what the Giants used to get to a Super Bowl. That said Texas's defense plan is perfect for the 2013 Big 12. It would have been a train wreck last yr. Commit 7-8 to the run game and press on the outside. Take a quick timing routes and force people to throw low percentage throws over top. QB play in the Biog 12 is abysmal this yr, complete opposite of the last 2-3 yrs. The problem now becomes Tech and Baylor. OSU is pretty inconsistent in the passing game. Amaro may go for 150+ rec yards if we go man the whole way, but either wya Texas should win. Baylor is a train wreck. Their offense is boiled down to inside zone, wr screen, and 4 verticals. Texas is going to need to show some zone. You can not run the same defense over and over vs Baylor and expect to give up less than 50.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3 team race at this point(BU, OSU, UT). OSU has 1 loss, so has to win out.

BU v. OSU in Stillwater. BU not a good road team. Advantage, OSU

UT v. BU in Waco. BU hard to beat in Waco(trust me on this). Advantage, BU.

OSU v. UT in Austin. Slight Advantage to OSU, as they are healthy and playing their best ball. UT is playing well, but beat up(like OU).

I think UT gets TT fairly easily. OSU may be close. BU is a bear <----- :lame:, and this is ugly.

I think OSU wins out; BU loses only to OSU(road game for BU); and UT beats TT, but loses to OSU and BU. Accordingly, OSU wins B12 @ 8-1 with head2head over BU. BU finishes 2nd and UT just behind. The way your season started, I'd consider this a very good season.

For UT to win the B12, OSU has to lose to BU(Stillwater) or UT; UT must beat BU(Waco) or hope OSU beats BU and UT beat OSU too. UT can control their destiny by winning out, thus not worrying about what OSU or BU do. Do this and you'll have Fiesta honors and a top 10 finish.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people get it, some don't.

What's to get. You and Coda pretty much agree with me. It's obvious Thomas can't cover man to man with 0 safety help. He gave up the longest pass play in Iowa State history and gave up the 4th longest pass play in WVU history. Quandre doesn't seem to have a problem 1 on 1 with 0 safety help. So basically, Thomas shouldn't be covering man to man.....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to get. You and Coda pretty much agree with me. It's obvious Thomas can't cover man to man with 0 safety help. He gave up the longest pass play in Iowa State history and gave up the 4th longest pass play in WVU history. Quandre doesn't seem to have a problem 1 on 1 with 0 safety help. So basically, Thomas shouldn't be covering man to man.....

Not the pt. you can not play the CB 10 yards off the LOS with 0 inside help. Just gives the WR too much room to operate. It is a terrible positioning match to the defensive call. Robinson should have had Duke in a press position to disrupt the WR form getting off the line and preventing a quick rhythm pass. Texas is asking a lot from Byndom and Duke and for the most part they have performed well. Quadre is not playing CB as much. He has played more nickle. Duke is better in Man than Quandre.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the pt. you can not play the CB 10 yards off the LOS with 0 inside help. Just gives the WR too much room to operate. It is a terrible positioning match to the defensive call. Robinson should have had Duke in a press position to disrupt the WR form getting off the line and preventing a quick rhythm pass. Texas is asking a lot from Byndom and Duke and for the most part they have performed well. Quadre is not playing CB as much. He has played more nickle. Duke is better in Man than Quandre.

We will definitely agree to disagree on that one. Quandre will go 1st round as a shutdown CB. In all honesty though, I don't really care as long as the Horns keep winning.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for tx to win the big xii?

OU would need to have a down year.

That was easy.

I guess this is Texas' year, then. Cause OU sucks a huge bag of weiners.

Texas will likely lose one more game before winning the Big12 and getting yet another BCS bowl game.

Look for FSU to win it all, though.

The Eyes Of Texas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is Texas' year, then. Cause Stoopsy sucks a huge bag of weiners.

Texas will likely lose one more game before winning the Big12 and getting yet another BCS bowl game.

Look for FSU to win it all, though.

FIFY.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is Texas' year, then. Cause OU sucks a huge bag of weiners.

OU is reloading, true. We'll finish with 9 or 10 wins when its all over. For most teams, this is a good season. For OU, its a bad year.

If UT loses one more, they're not going to win the B12. Unless its to TT, perhaps; and a bunch of other things have to go right for them.

UT most likely gets the Alamo Bowl this year, would be my guess. They could get Cotton. BCS is unlikely.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is reloading, true. We'll finish with 9 or 10 wins when its all over. For most teams, this is a good season. For OU, its a bad year.

If UT loses one more, they're not going to win the B12. Unless its to TT, perhaps; and a bunch of other things have to go right for them.

UT most likely gets the Alamo Bowl this year, would be my guess. They could get Cotton. BCS is unlikely.

This is why (most) Texas fans are delusional...

I'm not going to call anyone out or anything,,,,sure you all know who you are at this point of the season.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another topic that should probably be put into the Texas Longhorn section of the forum.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to call anyone out or anything,,,,sure you all know who you are at this point of the season.

Weren't alot of OU fans claiming a huge win over Texas BEFORE the RRSO? How'd that work out? Tech got robbed against OU so Texas will handle that game. OSU got beat by a West Virginia team that Texas destroyed. Another win.

That leaves Baylor. And with the travelling Texas faithful, the private school kids will be outmatched.

I don't like it anymore than you butthurt OU fans, but it is what it is.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't alot of OU fans claiming a huge win over Texas BEFORE the RRSO? How'd that work out? Tech got robbed against OU so Texas will handle that game. OSU got beat by a West Virginia team that Texas destroyed. Another win.

That leaves Baylor. And with the travelling Texas faithful, the private school kids will be outmatched.

OU fans claiming they were going to beat Texas? Some were, but every fan base has people like that, most of the horn faithful around here thought they were going to get beat as well. It's a rivalry game man, who know what's going to happen.

Texas destroyed wvu? Did you watch the game? Really now...

So... Ut will outmatch Baylor in waco? :pound:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coaches are afraid to let Case let it fly downfield, the Horns will lose.
There is no way Texas can win if Case is stuck with West Coast Dink and Dunk passes.

Exactly. You have to chance to be great. Ride it till it bucks ya. Trying to make Case into Colt will fail miserably. It does feel like a passer as inaccurate as Case is a really bad choice to put the ball up vertically, but it is exactly that which will let us keep running hard. Ride the success until it bucks ya, even if it seems antithetical. Be willing to be lucky. Chance it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny thing is as bad as this OU team is they would still beat Fsu like they always do. :lol:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is delusional? I don't see a single Texas fan in this thread that thinks we're going to win out. We HOPE we do......but no one here has said they expect to.

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UT had not lost Ash, Hicks, Gray, and Whaley, I definitely think that they would have a good chance to win out, although Baylor might still have been tough to beat especially in Waco. On Baylor - they are still an enigma to some degree. They looked unbeatable against OU and were great on both sides of the ball. I never thought that OU would win with that big slow behemoth at QB, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.