• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Banned

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes please... right after an offensive lineman

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take TE over both O-Line and WR at the moment. Zach Miller isn't that amazing (good blocker yes...) but since he's been out it's been atrocious. Our O-Line actually has evolved into a pretty solid unit they just have trouble staying on the field.

Our WRs need a bit more developing time. Overall those guys are super young still and WR is one of the easier positions to target and get productivity out of in FA.

I'll take D-Line/TE 1st/2nd in no particular order. Our pass rush has suffered greatly since we lost Clemons/Bryant/McDonald. Mebane may be gone and is getting older, Williams is not a long term solution, and who knows if Avril will bail. I see much bigger issues on D-Line and TE (Miller may leave and Willson is hardly appearing to be a replacement, but more of a specialty TE. Heck he's barely even a serviceable backup with stone hands).

Sorry but I think those clamoring for WR/O-Line 1st/2nd are nuts. Are biggest problems this year have been zero TE threat and no help blocking inside, and no pass pressure (we're like bottom in the league) after losing 3 solid D-Lineman (2 of which were our more dominant pass rushers).

That all said, dunno what TE options are going to be available in the draft, but I know this 2015 draft is loaded with pass rushers, so all aboard with our first pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god please don't go after Kasen. I mean don't get me wrong, love the kid and love what he brought to the team in his sophomore season, but he hasn't had any game since and the last thing this team needs is another project guy with a bad injury in his history.

As for what to take first? Can't see taking a lineman in the first round unless it's a slam dunk LT to replace Okung and I'm not seeing that as likely.

Yes, TE is a position that has been undervalued for far too long. If there is a quality guy out there go get him.

You can never have too many pass rushers. Just can't. The depth on that side of the ball (or lack there of) this year has been glaring and shows how special last year was with the rotation they were able to use.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Norwood is already on the roster. He will be that guy....

We need to draft lineman, O and D.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Norwood is already on the roster. He will be that guy....

We need to draft lineman, O and D.

There are at least a dozen WR's/TE's in the league that if you put them on this team right now today this team is likely unbeatable.

Wilson does not have that go to guy that can help him be better. He just doesn't. Could Norwood develop into that? Maybe, but right now he isn't.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers would automatically look better if our pass protection at the line wasn't like holding water in a baseball glove.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers would automatically look better if our pass protection at the line wasn't like holding water in a baseball glove.

Agree with this post. I'd like to add that I have questions about the routes the WRs are asked to run. Seems like a lot of side line vertical routes in general. I'd like to see some slants with Baldwin and Norwood, then some shots down the field to Richardson. Also next year draft a big guy at WR if possible.