• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football Mercy Rule???

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before it's mandatory that the other team scores? Don't want the kids feeling bad because they couldn't score.

every kid gets playing time.....every kid gets a touchdown

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck does a kid learn compassion for the other team by beating their ass and be told to stop. That's not compassion, that's UFC.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this is clearly taking things too far. ONLY in Cali is this even possible, this shit could NEVER happen in Texas.

If they want opposing coaches to ease up, just end the game after a team is up 35 points or something, cause this is some bullshit:

Controversial mercy rule has football parents angry | News - KCRA Home

We have our dumb rules also. The first Middle School football game I saw, we had the ball on the other team's 2 yard line and there was 10 seconds left in the first qtr. Our coach kept calling time out and I couldn't figure out why. As it turns out, he has to play the second string team in the second qtr, and he was afraid they weren't good enough to score.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does a kid learn from being punished for WINNING? Its like these morons don't even consider this when they come up with this bullshit.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just part of society's "no one is a loser." I don't approve, but it's happening all over.

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kid is disabled and not athletic on top of that. My kid is usually the worst player on the team. That being said I'm not a fan of the pussification of sports. Watching your kid struggle to make a basket and having the "ref" hand him the ball over and over until he finally makes a shot after about 6 tries didnt make him feel awesome. It was just really awkward and time consuming. It basically puts a spotlight on him and everyone knows hes too bad to make it on his own that is the kind of shit people get picked on about when they are teens. My kids got enough shit stacked against him he doesnt need extra.

Sorry for the rant :)

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just another step in making kids bigger wusses in the U.S. The whole "everyone's a winner!" mentality at work. Losing sucks, but it's a part of real life, and kids need to learn that in the safe havens of situations like kids sports, spelling B's, and grades if they are lazy about studying. We keep implementing new bs like this, and yet we wonder why so many kids are turning into losers as adults these days - we gave them a loser's mentality to expect to be patted on the back constantly for shortcomings instead of owning up and trying harder to do better.

I don't get what is so complicated about this. Sports are competitive by nature, stop crying and deal with it, or accept that sports aren't for you and move on. Winning and losing is a part of life all the way from sports games, to landing the best spouse/mate, to getting the best jobs. Not everyone is a winner in real life, and the way society is coddling kids nowadays, they won't realize that until they hit the work force where it actually matters and their bosses fire them for expect a job despite not performing worth a crap. They need to be learning these things when they are young, not trying to change ignorant behaviors when they hit adulthood.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was brought up to believe that not everyone needs to do the same thing. The world needs more than just athletes , so if you find that you arent athletic try some thing new until you get to something you can enjoy AND excell at.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this idea, but have it go to 35 or 42 points. 4 scores is too easy to come back.

that's why i say let it be by the ref's discretion.......he'll know if the losing team has any shot at a comeback

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pussification of America continues.

This is little league. Some of those teams were so bad you could be up 35 points in the 1st quarter.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My politics tend towards the left of center...and even I think this is silly.

I mean, I would hope the coach of the winning team starts playing back ups once his team goes up by 30 points. And under certain circumstances third string players. But if Team A's 3rd string is still dominating Team B's starters, welll....maybe Team B needs to work on some skills in practice for the next game.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fining a kids league team 200 bucks?

That would make a lot of them fold...

Retarded.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closest that I have heard of this, which was pee-wee t-ball 25+ years ago was better than this.

All we had was that when a team got up by 10, the game was called. Everyone could still play hard. This may be the worst I have heard of. The kids are actually forced to keep playing, and are forced to lay down. Great teaching you fucking idiots. Wow.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how the othre states run there little league football, but here in utah theres are 36 Districts and there can be upwards of 600-750 kids sign up from the age groups of 8-15 and the classifications are Gremlins, Pee-wee's, Mity Mites, Midgets, Batams, Juniors. Now you can have around 100-120 kids per group. So What Utah does is they have week long tryouts, and each classaficatuion will have about five teams. They hold try outs and then they have a draft on a Friday night. Now per each Classfication they have 2 A Teams, B2 Team, C and D with D being basiclly Bottom of the barrel kids. So Through out the league the talent is the same throughout, all the way down to the Bottom of the barrel kids. I ref High School and Little League football and we hardly have blow outs because of this rule in Utah. And if we do have a blow out, we just have a running clock once the point differental reach 32 point. It's a 15 minute running clock. We only stop it for Injury, or Time out taken. And each team averages about 20- 22 kids

Check it out Utefootball.org

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hBC54660C

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my boy's basketball league, if a team gets ahead by 20 pts, we zero the scoreboard for good.

Everybody knows who won (including the kids), but they get to keep having fun playing until the game clock runs out, which is what those kids want to do.

Have they started building the handicap ramp up the side of Mt Everest yet, so everybody can go up there?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my boy's basketball league, if a team gets ahead by 20 pts, we zero the scoreboard for good.

Everybody knows who won (including the kids), but they get to keep having fun playing until the game clock runs out, which is what those kids want to do.

Have they started building the handicap ramp up the side of Mt Everest yet, so everybody can go up there?

Same here and obviously no full court pressure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like it known that this happened in NORTHERN California, not Southern California!!

Buncha dirty naked hippies up there!!