• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acquiring Foles was admitting Trubisky is a failure. That's rather plain to anyone that either doesn't have an axe to grind or a cringe inducing man love for Mitch.

You don't acquire Foles and allow the kind of dead cap amount that is on his first two years unless you know you have a problem at the position. Not to mention declining Mitch's fifth year option.

You're a moron. If getting Foles means admitting Trubisky failure why announce an open competition? Why openly support Trubisky? Why not just come out and say Foles is the starting QB and Trubisky will learn as a backup??? What's the point in supporting Trubisky as a starter at all if he's already deemed a bust in their eyes??? I would not be surprised for a second if Trubisky started the season as a starter hoping he succeeds, because that would be the best case scenario for this organization.

We acquired Foles as a nice insurance policy in case Trubisky is a failure because this team is ready to win now. And of course, the pendulum is swinging more towards Trubisky being a bust but it's not there yet. Hope isn't completely gone. You don't jump to conclusions after a good rookie year and a bad sophmore year on a guy that hasn't had all that much snaps all things considering.

You're stupid.

I'm sorry you're a lame fuck with poor logic, worse jokes, and a lack of football IQ.....I can't help you with that. All I can do is promise to stick around so you have a solid role model and mentor to try and guide you in the right direction.

I guess i should have impressed grey pubes with "your momma" jokes. I'm sure the old geezer still thinks that somehow "hip" in his gray world.

Dear Coronavirus, please get this old fart and kill him. I'm begging you, he's too stupid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have been much worse in years past. They weren’t even the worst offense in the league last season....nor the worst offensive line. Completely exaggeration on your part.
Last year was the worst I ever seen. FK your stats. They could not run they could not block, WR's ran wrong routes and dropped easy passes, Nagy called horrible games. No one seemed to be on the same page.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a back up getting paid back up money. If they wanted a starter then we would have went after one.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a back up getting paid back up money. If they wanted a starter then we would have went after one.

Other than possibly Cam Newton-which was unsignable due to the COVID and injury vs. cost, which quarterback is a starter moreso than Foles that they could have gone after? They weren't getting Brady. He got top dollar in a warm, zero income tax state.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the worst I ever seen. FK your stats. They could not run they could not block, WR's ran wrong routes and dropped easy passes, Nagy called horrible games. No one seemed to be on the same page.

"Fuck your stats" = "Fuck all logic and reasoning. I'm just going to say shit."

Lol. Nobody ran wrong routes. Stop. Not a single INT was due to that. You're literally just reaching into the grab of QB excuses now and throwing them at the dart board.

And we've already been over this but you continue to ignore it. Our three main WR's Robinson/Miller/Gabriel had only 13 drops. Pretty damn standard. Especially with Mitch's short depth of target. Them catching those balls changes nothing. What? Another 100 yards for Mitch's stat line, MAYBE? lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than possibly Cam Newton-which was unsignable due to the COVID and injury vs. cost, which quarterback is a starter moreso than Foles that they could have gone after? They weren't getting Brady. He got top dollar in a warm, zero income tax state.

Nor were they getting Rivers. We didn't have the cap to throw 25-30 mil at either of the big name guys.

Jameis, Teddy, Foles and Dalton were the only choices within reason. Foles is easily the most accomplished of that group. Not to mention, Teddy is the epitome of "great backup/bad starter" and Carolina decided to pay him like a franchise QB. Which is kind of mind blowing to me.

Jameis is a mess and brings the type of controversial past that the Bears have never chased after. It really came down to Dalton vs Foles. We tested the waters for Dalton... but in the end, the best result was always Foles. Given his history with our staff and success in this system (which includes a SB ring).

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the worst I ever seen.

Yeah but to be fair you're retarded and I'm sure your memory sucks.

FK your stats.

Of course. Why let factual data get in the way of ridiculously biased opinion?

They could not run they could not block, WR's ran wrong routes and dropped easy passes, Nagy called horrible games. No one seemed to be on the same page.

And that has never happened in any other season, ever?

This the story you're going with champ?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a moron.

Yeah, but you're ugly.

So there.

If getting Foles means admitting Trubisky failure why announce an open competition?

You're right. The GM of the team should have said....

"Our QB is crap and I found a replacement."

That would really get the locker room pumped up, no?

I knew you were a failed abortion....I didn't realize the coat hanger actually did brain damage.

What's the point in supporting Trubisky as a starter at all if he's already deemed a bust in their eyes???

Why would they not further damage the psyche of a QB that already has obvious confidence issues? Is that the question? Hmmm....I wonder.

We acquired Foles as a nice insurance policy in case Trubisky is a failure because this team is ready to win now. And of course, the pendulum is swinging more towards Trubisky being a bust but it's not there yet.

The pendulum swung that way before Foles was acquired.

You don't jump to conclusions after a good rookie year and a bad sophmore year on a guy that hasn't had all that much snaps all things considering.

Um....when was the good year? And last season wasn't his sophomore year.

Are we really back on "but he doesn't have a lot of snaps argument?"

You're stupid.

You're fat and have hairy palms.

Dear Coronavirus, please get this old fart and kill him. I'm begging you, he's too stupid.

You can speak to viruses?

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I've said. When things around Foles are clicking, he coasts along for the ride and looks great. However, he is not a "put the team on your back" guy. This causes the volatility in his play. His stints in Philly and in KC? Looked great. Jacksonville and St. Louis? Looked like a backup.

The reason I like him in Chicago is because it mirrors the systems in which he thrived. Perhaps more importantly, though. With this defense, he does not have to set the world on fire. The Bears lost 4 games last year where they gave up LESS than 20 points. All he has to do is be "decent" and this is a winning team.

Now, my apprehension? The line has to be better. He had his success behind solid O-lines. After all, the best part of his game is the deep ball. Those plays take time to develop. The 2020 Chicago Bears may be made or broken by the unit in front of the QB.
I won’t lie, Foles is the most cause for concern of any QB Chicago has had for years. My entire life, it’s been largely a run-the-ball, strong defense team, with QBs who are “good enough” at best. None have been powerhouses, including Jim McMahon. It’s just not a position that Chicago has traditionally invested much in.

Foles actually represents a responsible approach to winning. He’s calm, he’s intelligent and he perform better than average, compared to the rest of the league. Trubisky is a bust and Foles is a substantial improvement, and at a bargain price too. Chicago should look to ride him as a dependable option for 3 years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Fuck your stats" = "Fuck all logic and reasoning. I'm just going to say shit."

Lol. Nobody ran wrong routes. Stop. Not a single INT was due to that. You're literally just reaching into the grab of QB excuses now and throwing them at the dart board.

And we've already been over this but you continue to ignore it. Our three main WR's Robinson/Miller/Gabriel had only 13 drops. Pretty damn standard. Especially with Mitch's short depth of target. Them catching those balls changes nothing. What? Another 100 yards for Mitch's stat line, MAYBE? lol
Stats are logic and reasoning??? Stats say what happened, not why it happened. If they did not drop them balls killing drives what would have happened is scores and allowing the offense to build some confidence. Who knows where that may have led. You wanna blame one guy for the fuck ups of many guys. The whole offense stunk and the play calling stunk. Our problems ran much deeper then one guy, but you live in a fantasy where one guy gets all the blame.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t lie, Foles is the most cause for concern of any QB Chicago has had for years. My entire life, it’s been largely a run-the-ball, strong defense team, with QBs who are “good enough” at best. None have been powerhouses, including Jim McMahon. It’s just not a position that Chicago has traditionally invested much in.

Foles actually represents a responsible approach to winning. He’s calm, he’s intelligent and he perform better than average, compared to the rest of the league. Trubisky is a bust and Foles is a substantial improvement, and at a bargain price too. Chicago should look to ride him as a dependable option for 3 years.
Trubisky out played Foles last year. Foles had 1 decent season many years ago and has stunk every since. He lost his job to a 6th round nobody. Trubisky may bust out but Foles is no answer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who they could have went after. There was no one I liked. But Foles was worse then Trubs last year and lost his job. I don't believe they brought him here to start. He is a good back up and shit starter. Trubs is also a good back up and shit starter but he has a upside and is young still.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky out played Foles last year. Foles had 1 decent season many years ago and has stunk every since. He lost his job to a 6th round nobody. Trubisky may bust out but Foles is no answer.
Higher Y/A, higher TD/INT ratio, and a Super Bowl win. Trubisky is a low-end starter / backup quality guy, at best. Foles doesn't make the same bonehead decisions he does.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higher Y/A, higher TD/INT ratio, and a Super Bowl win. Trubisky is a low-end starter / backup quality guy, at best. Foles doesn't make the same bonehead decisions he does.
He is on his 5th? team and he just lost his job to a 6th round rookie QB, plus he is making back up QB money. I think you over sell him big. But I like where you are going with it. I like winning. I'm rooting for you to be right. I still think Trubisky can be good, but let them fight it out and may the best man win.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is on his 5th? team and he just lost his job to a 6th round rookie QB, plus he is making back up QB money. I think you over sell him big. But I like where you are going with it. I like winning. I'm rooting for you to be right. I still think Trubisky can be good, but let them fight it out and may the best man win.
Nah, I've seen enough Trubisky to know he's a bum. Foles is serviceable, a cheaper version of Fitzmagic. With a good set of receivers and capable running game- both of which Chicago has, the offense could be consistent and productive. The other side of the game is already fearsome.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many years ago? What the literal hell Noon?

What did he do the two years prior to Jacksonville? In 17, he won the fucking SUPER BOWL and the SUPER BOWL MVP. In 18, he rallied a dead 6-7 Eagles team to the playoffs and past one of the best defenses of the decade (on the road, nonetheless). May have even taken that team back to the SB as well, if Alshon Jeffery doesn't bat an easy catch into the air for a game sealing INT.

"MANY YEARS"? He barely played in 2019. When he did, it was for the most dysfunctional team in the NFL that was boycotting their organization and had totally quit. You excuse MITCH TRUBISKY for playing on a bad Chicago team? Yet, you disregard a SB MVP/CHAMPION QB who played what? 4 bad games with the circus show Jaguars? lol.

Not to mention, his numbers were still better than Mitch's in many areas.

Oh, and that 6th round pick would be an upgrade to Trubisky.

What a joke, Noon. lol

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The GM of the team should have said....

"Our QB is crap and I found a replacement."

That would really get the locker room pumped up, no?

No. The gm could come out and say "Foles is the starter and Trubisky is the backup"...??? You know, something that gets said all around the league every year. Like when Jags announced Minshew would start over Foles...Kinda like that dumb dumb.

Locker room pumped..? These are professionals you dope. If Trubisky is a bust then everyone knows it and they would support having the better guy in there. You think you're the only one that knows? Delusions of grandeur.

Why would they not further damage the psyche of a QB that already has obvious confidence issues? Is that the question? Hmmm....I wonder.

Why would they give a damn about the sensibilities of a guy that's already a bust in their eyes?? Unless there's still hope you idiot.

Damage Trubisky's psyche? That's what they're worried about? Why didn't they worry about this when they went and got Foles? Why didn't they worry about this when they didn't pickup Trubisky's option?

Your understanding of this team is sad. You're too old and dumb.

Last edited:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The gm could come out and say "Foles is the starter and Trubisky is the backup"...??? You know, something that gets said all around the league every year. Like when Jags announced Minshew would start over Foles...Kinda like that dumb dumb.

Are you talking about week 1 of the season when Foles got hurt and Minshew had to play? And then they named Minshew the started because it was revealed Foles had a broken clavicle?

Not really apples to apples chap.

Locker room pumped..? These are professionals you dope. If Trubisky is a bust then everyone knows it and they would support having the better guy in there. You think you're the only one that knows? Delusions of grandeur.

Coming from an idiot that calls himself a genius......

Why would they give a damn about the sensibilities of a guy that's already a bust in their eyes?? Unless there's still hope you idiot.

Sometimes you answer your own dumb questions with your own, even dumber, answers.

Damage Trubisky's psyche? That's what they're worried about? Why didn't they worry about this when they went and got Foles? Why didn't they worry about this when they didn't pickup Trubisky's option?

You think teams don't ever take into consideration the confidence of their players? Especially QBs? Especially young QBs?

And again you're answering your own questions....though something tells me you don't realize it.

Your understanding of this team is sad. You're too old and dumb.

Your attempts at humor and insults is sad. You're too lame and lacking in creativity.

Checkdown.