• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we brought in Foles to back up Biscuit...then we're all kinds of f*cked up. I know it was only a 4th, but isn't he set to get paid 20 million or something? That's not backup money...Not at all.

I would be shocked if Foles isn't the starter opening day.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we brought in Foles to back up Biscuit...then we're all kinds of f*cked up. I know it was only a 4th, but isn't he set to get paid 20 million or something? That's not backup money...Not at all.

I would be shocked if Foles isn't the starter opening day.
Agreed. It will be Foles job to lose.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It will be Foles job to lose.

Only way he loses it is if he gets injured and Trubisky steps up in his absence.

Which means he's not going to lose it, because while the first could happen...The second is a long shot.

noon probably still believes though.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way he loses it is if he gets injured and Trubisky steps up in his absence.

Which means he's not going to lose it, because while the first could happen...The second is a long shot.

I wouldn't entirely write Trubisky off yet. I'm not holding my breath thinking he's going to suddenly become Patrick Mahomes but this will be the first time he'll have literally ANY competition for the starting job. You don't know how (or if) that'll change something in his head.

That's why it should be full on open competition. If Foles is that much better, he should win it easily. But if Trubisky gets a wake up call and/or it starts to click, we shouldn't hold him back just because he's fell short of expectations thus far.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't entirely write Trubisky off yet. I'm not holding my breath thinking he's going to suddenly become Patrick Mahomes but this will be the first time he'll have literally ANY competition for the starting job. You don't know how (or if) that'll change something in his head.

That's why it should be full on open competition. If Foles is that much better, he should win it easily. But if Trubisky gets a wake up call and/or it starts to click, we shouldn't hold him back just because he's fell short of expectations thus far.

Making this move tells me the coaches (and possibly players) have given up on Trubisky. Sure, he'll be given reps...but Foles is going in as the clear starter. I'm sure of it.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making this move tells me the coaches (and possibly players) have given up on Trubisky. Sure, he'll be given reps...but Foles is going in as the clear starter. I'm sure of it.
Quite possibly. Or they realize how valuable it is to have both real competition and another option should Trubisky fall on his face again.

Either way, it's nice to see Pace being aggressive, which... he really always has been. Obviously his first rounders sans Smith have been pretty bad so far but the dude doesn't mess around. He's bold and i love that. Rumor has it that he offered 3 years $60 mil for Bridgewater but Teddy took the Carolina job because he didn't like Trubisky being there to possibly win the job.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannenbaum wasn't on nfl network saying that when they played trubs they wanted him to throw, and wanted him specifically to throw left. "He can't throw left, he just can't"

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars fans are LOVING this trade too. They cannot believe they were able to get a 4th for Foles.

Reactions: GNG

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears seem to have moved on from Trubisky.
Yea, I don't believe you bring in a Foles, and MVP of the Superbowl from a few years back, to sit on a bench. This sort of feels like the Graham move. A stop gap, 2 years remaining on Foles contract, get the Bears through to the next chance they have at drafting a QB, kind of step. Watch them ink Foles to 8 years tomorrow, heh. But that is what it feels like. Foles has an upside higher than Trubs and the Bears Organization is taking a shot that they can make Foles work better than making Trubs work.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars fans are LOVING this trade too. They cannot believe they were able to get a 4th for Foles.
If Foles pans out, well worth the 4th. If not, at least the flyer wasn't worth a 1-3. And it was the conditional 4th.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, quite the opposite on Dallas forums on the Quinn get. Dallas fans are not happy about losing him. That front 4 is going to be nasty when the NFL gets to play next.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, quite the opposite on Dallas forums on the Quinn get. Dallas fans are not happy about losing him. That front 4 is going to be nasty when the NFL gets to play next.

Dallas has questionable roster/cap management probably preventing them for keeping quinn

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has questionable roster/cap management probably preventing them for keeping quinn
Yes, the offensive paychecks they issued in the last week or so were rediculous.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly. Or they realize how valuable it is to have both real competition and another option should Trubisky fall on his face again.

Either way, it's nice to see Pace being aggressive, which... he really always has been. Obviously his first rounders sans Smith have been pretty bad so far but the dude doesn't mess around. He's bold and i love that. Rumor has it that he offered 3 years $60 mil for Bridgewater but Teddy took the Carolina job because he didn't like Trubisky being there to possibly win the job.

This. That other guy isn't sure of anything other than his name.

Trubs is still on his rookie deal so it doesn't matter what Foles is making.....they don't have a ton tied up in the QB position. Not like they both make 17-20 million each.

Trubs could easily start the season if he wins the job in pre-season (quite possible having another starter on the roster pushes Trubs too really work).....if he struggles 3-5 games in, bench him and go with the vet. No big whoop.....

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Foles deal enough. A 4th round comp pick - which is basically a 5th. Restructured the contract as well.

I don't think Foles is great. However, he's a professional QB which is an upgrade. Our staff is familiar with him and his bouts of success have come within this system. Another plus with Foles is his ability to throw the ball down the field. Which we've failed pathetically at under Mitch.

I think he could make the offense operate at a functional level. Which is all you really need.

I think it will truly be an open camp competition.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trubisky will start. Nothing has changed. I like the Foles move. Wont matter who starts if we don't fix the whole offense. I still think Trubs is the starter and has a much higher ceiling.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky will start. Nothing has changed. I like the Foles move. Wont matter who starts if we don't fix the whole offense. I still think Trubs is the starter and has a much higher ceiling.

If he does, we just threw more draft capital and money to be used elsewhere down the sh*tter. He's the only reason we traded for Foles. That's a fact...Time for him to be put on the shelf.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky/Foles feels a lot like Grossman/Orton/Griese. It’d be hilarious if we drafted a QB too.