• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers vs Sabres GDT:

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i neverthought the stick on myers was a high stick..incidental contact. All I know is I have a feeling a very differnet Sabres team will come out in the 2nd period...Start looking for gloves flying

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about how I expected that 1st period to go. The Flyers have the Sabres number this year, and the Sabres just don't seem to have an answer on how to beat them. IMO Enroth should of got the start today, not Miller. Miller is 0-2 so far this year against the Flyers with over a 4.00 GAA. Then again Ruff has always been bad when it comes to goalie rotations.

The moment the Sabres didn't score on the 5 on 3 for over a minute, I knew it was all going to go downhill from there. The Sabres really need to get another strong player or two on defense, but that will have to wait till after this season.

I'm hoping the Sabres can make a comeback and make things interesting, but I really don't think they can get a W this game. Hope they prove me wrong.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Flyers fans it's looking good for youz guys so far.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about how I expected that 1st period to go. The Flyers have the Sabres number this year, and the Sabres just don't seem to have an answer on how to beat them. IMO Enroth should of got the start today, not Miller. Miller is 0-2 so far this year against the Flyers with over a 4.00 GAA. Then again Ruff has always been bad when it comes to goalie rotations.

The moment the Sabres didn't score on the 5 on 3 for over a minute, I knew it was all going to go downhill from there. The Sabres really need to get another strong player or two on defense, but that will have to wait till after this season.

I'm hoping the Sabres can make a comeback and make things interesting, but I really don't think they can get a W this game. Hope they prove me wrong.

Welcome IPW! I agree with your comment. I've just had a bad feeling about this game.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell was trying to clear the stick away from Myers and missed the stick and got him in the face.

to be fair here is the official NHL rule: A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height of the opponent’s shoulders. Players and goalkeepers must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

I guess it would be the refs interpretation of that rule.

Yes, but how is shoulder height defined? Is it height when the person is standing up only, or if a guy is lying on his stomach, starts to get up and gets hit in the face 20 inches above the ice surface (but still above the current height of his shoulders), is that considered "above shoulder height?"

Edit: Mind you, Myers was pretty high when he got hit, my example is just an example.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll be back after the 2nd period.

I didn't get a new HDTV to not watch a Sabres game. This is a rare game that I don't have to listen to while at work.

LETS GO SABRES!!!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<---- this dude is pretty strong on the puck.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but how is shoulder height defined? Is it height when the person is standing up only, or if a guy is lying on his stomach, starts to get up and gets hit in the face 20 inches above the ice surface (but still above the current height of his shoulders), is that considered "above shoulder height?"

check teh super slow mo replay I uploaded... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me..

What ever happened to that Sabres poster "WelcometoPominville"?? Anyone know if he's posting under another name here or...?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

check teh super slow mo replay I uploaded... :D

Yeah, I know that A: he was pretty high when he got hit, and B: it was his own guy. Just wanted some clarification on shoulder height. Is it standing height, or current height?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DREEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 2-1

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash