• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Floyd Stays With Chargers

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcom Floyd - WR - Chargers

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Ravens are in the driver's seat for free agent Malcom Floyd.
According to the Tribune's Kevin Acee, Floyd appears to be "on his way out of town." The Ravens are reportedly willing to pay Floyd more than the $3 million a year the Chargers have said they will not go over. From the sound of things, Floyd could be a Raven by as early as this evening.

Well there you go. It looks like it's close to a done deal.

btw nice avatar Ray.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man. I'm getting on the train early!

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he does go to the Ravens, they'll have a sweet 1-2 punch with Floyd and Boldin. Flacco could have a monster year. Anyone hear if Housh is getting any attention? I know he dropped off last year but how much was that lack of ability vs being behind Boldin/Mason/Rice etc. ?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word on Housh, he's pretty much washed up.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would have thought Floyd to be a lock in SF. He's from Sac and has a brother that coaches high school ball here in Sac as well. If the Niners pony up the cash I would think he'd be very gettable.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are offering him more than $3 mill per. I'm guessing we are gonna see what happens with Edwards.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey. A Longbeach49er sighting. I believe we have another refugee.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep! I couldn't stand the snails pace of the ESPN boards to go along with all the trolls. Here's to hoping we sign Adam Archuleta this year.

TVNiner12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SacTown, I think you misread my statement a little bit...Yes, we do have the cap space and granted Floyd is from the area; but anytime we've competed against another team for FA's this offseason we've usually come out on the losing end for one reason or another.

i.e Nnamdi, Plaxico, Jonathan Joseph...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
WR Malcolm Floyd (West Sac) still weighing options. SD, SF, Bal, Philly in the mix. Car, Jax like him, too. They're trying to get under cap.
51 minutes ago

CGregg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“@mattbarrows: One advantage the #49ers might have in the Malcom Floyd sweepstakes: His favorite player growing up was Steve Young.”

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers re-signed WR Malcom Floyd to a two-year, $5 million contract.
The Ravens are the big losers in this one; Baltimore really could've used a field-stretching wideout to take full advantage of Joe Flacco's big arm. The 30-year-old Floyd will return to his No. 2 wide receiver role in San Diego, playing third fiddle in the passing game to Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson. Floyd will essentially serve as a situational deep threat, and won't be worth targeting as more than a WR4 in 12-team leagues.
Related: Ravens
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Aug 5, 3:16 PM

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers re-signed WR Malcom Floyd to a two-year, $5 million contract.
The Ravens are the big losers in this one; Baltimore really could've used a field-stretching wideout to take full advantage of Joe Flacco's big arm. The 30-year-old Floyd will return to his No. 2 wide receiver role in San Diego, playing third fiddle in the passing game to Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson. Floyd will essentially serve as a situational deep threat, and won't be worth targeting as more than a WR4 in 12-team leagues.
Related: Ravens
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Aug 5, 3:16 PM

That's interesting. I never really considered Floyd a deep threat? The Chargers gave him a smaller deal than i anticipated. Oh well this next year should be a really solid WR draft so we can make up for it then if we need to.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we wind up franchise tagging Edwards. That will mean he did really well for us. ; )

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we wind up franchise tagging Edwards. That will mean he did really well for us. ; )

I actually thought about that. If he does well here i'm sure that could become an option, but right now the idea feels a bit insane haha. I hope he at least deserves the consideration by the end of the year. That would certainly be saying something.