• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flex game #2

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Bears are quickly becoming the TV darlings of the NFL. Not only has the game against the Vikes been flexed, but now the 12/9 home game against the Rams.

Bears-Rams flexed into Sunday Night

Let's hope this isn't a case of overhype. But it's safe to say if the Bears beat the Vikes or even lose, yet the game is as close as hell, then there is little doubt NBC made the right call. Besides bumping the Steelers/Raiders for the Rams/Bears is pretty much a no brainer regardless.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... we always have been.

When the Bears are good - they draw ratings. It's really that simple. Every year we're projected to be contenders (not for a while) we wind-up with 3 MNF games, a TNF and a SNF. Even when we're bad - generally we get a handful of primetime.

This was also an easy one for that week. Easily the best game. Plus, even if we drop Minnesota - with Detroit and NYG on the horizon after. I think the NFL feels we should have a good record heading into that anyway.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bah, this messes with my Sunday routine. Three games I won't be with my usual sports bar crowd, boo.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bah, this messes with my Sunday routine. Three games I won't be with my usual sports bar crowd, boo.

Yeah, I literally have had the same thought. I have a good group I watch the afternoon games with. I can't go and start drinking that early then still be coherent for Sunday Night Football. lol

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a home game for us too. If things go well for us and we keep putting the pieces together, we could maybe win this game. Beating the Rams on national TV in week 14 would basically catapult us the 2nd best in the conference, assuming the Saints are still dominating.

It's fun to actually have hope for a Bears team for once.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of you guys are not big on weather as a factor, but consider the Rams schedule until facing us:

*Home vs KC - Warm weather game
*BYE - Relaxing at home
*At Detroit - Indoor game = warm weather game

Then they come into Chicago and play at night in what should be a very cold environment. Possibly freezing conditions, maybe snowy, windy, who knows. But I have to think that would be advantage Bears.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure about 'darlings' .... this is just what happens when you are in 1st place in your division and have good match-ups that have playoff implications for both teams.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure about 'darlings' .... this is just what happens when you are in 1st place in your division and have good match-ups that have playoff implications for both teams.
I was overemphasizing to make a point that almost out of nowhere the Bears are now a hot TV ticket. You'd have to be a true Bears fan to know it's been a virtual ghost town the past 5 years. Oh sure, a national game here or there, but mostly divisional at that. We have for half a decade been an afterthought, and I have to say rightfully so. Not anymore.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was overemphasizing to make a point that almost out of nowhere the Bears are now a hot TV ticket. You'd have to be a true Bears fan to know it's been a virtual ghost town the past 5 years. Oh sure, a national game here or there, but mostly divisional at that. We have for half a decade been an afterthought, and I have to say rightfully so. Not anymore.
And we're setup to be competitive for a long time.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of you guys are not big on weather as a factor, but consider the Rams schedule until facing us:

*BYE - Relaxing at home

Then they come into Chicago and play at night in what should be a very cold environment. Possibly freezing conditions, maybe snowy, windy, who knows. But I have to think that would be advantage Bears.
Their ability to run the ball would bode better than ours, especially against that interior D line they have.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their ability to run the ball would bode better than ours, especially against that interior D line they have.
Definitely. But again, they are not going to be acclimated to the cold and possibly wet climate they will be experiencing. Hey, I'm not calling for the Bears to kick their ass. This Rams team could quite likely be playing in the SB in Feb. In fact, they were my preseason pick to win the whole enchilada. Just saying that all things being equal, I'd much prefer to play them in our house at night and in December than in their joint and in warmer conditions.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*BYE - Relaxing at home

Not only do I believe in weather as a factor. I've seen it 100% impact many games. Especially warm weather or dome passing teams up north.

If it's 0 degrees, cold/windy or snowing - that is definitely advantage us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do I believe in weather as a factor. I've seen it 100% impact many games. Especially warm weather or dome passing teams up north.

If it's 0 degrees, cold/windy or snowing - that is definitely advantage us.
Not sure how much of a factor, but hell, that's supposed to be one of the advantages of being a cold weather team facing a warm weather team at home in December, and at night to boot. We should have some type of advantage - how much? That remains to be seen. But as I said earlier, I'd rather play against the Rams at home and at night in December than in the wonderful sunshine and pleasant climate of a day game in LA.