• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flecther Cox gets paid

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think so. Maybe this bumps up Miller's thoughts on some guaranteed money but he wanted around $60-65 million before this and I doubt that has changed at this point. I mean the very top Guaranteed money right off the bat is still Suh at $60 million. I doubt Miller would demand more than that. Heck he didn't demand but just a few thousand more in overall money than that of Suh. Miller isn't looking to completely blow up the market.
If he's not looking to play hardball, that will work out great for Denver. I wasn't sure about what he was asking for before, but I figured this would give him leverage to really blow his demands up, and Denver would be left will little wiggle room.

I still think Philly was stupid. Cox was probably worth maybe $40-45 mil guaranteed, not $60.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's not looking to play hardball, that will work out great for Denver. I wasn't sure about what he was asking for before, but I figured this would give him leverage to really blow his demands up, and Denver would be left will little wiggle room.

I still think Philly was stupid. Cox was probably worth maybe $40-45 mil guaranteed, not $60.

Seems to be a trend with them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree that this in some ways handcuffs the Broncos hands in they are going to be forced to guarantee that 3rd year of the contract. That was the hold up last week was that the Broncos only wanted to guarantee the first 2-years of the contract and the 3rd only be guaranteed because of injury where Miller wanted the first 3-years fully guaranteed. So it was just a matter of the language in the contract of what was guaranteed for what. Now maybe because of this deal with Cox he does think hey now I can up my offer even more kind of thing but to me if the Broncos cave and give him that 3rd year fully guaranteed then I think the deal gets done.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Chip is blamed for Bradfords contract.

He's blamed for bringing that fool into the franchise in the first place. The Eagles could have let him walk this offseason, but needed someone to play the position short term and that was the only option.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they were.

And they would continue to be competitive.

Aren't they the team who currently has very few free agents? Hasn't it been their way to be cost efficient?

Not every player will want to go to some team that is stacked. There are only so many starting positions.

This is flat out wrong Hank. Revisionist history. In the TWO DECADES prior to the cap being instituted, they finished first in their division exactly ONCE. One time.

Prior to that, NFL players made shit money, and had to have off-season jobs. The owners made out like bandits.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is flat out wrong Hank. Revisionist history. In the TWO DECADES prior to the cap being instituted, they finished first in their division exactly ONCE. One time.

Prior to that, NFL players made shit money, and had to have off-season jobs. The owners made out like bandits.

That's OK.

Kill the Cap.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that.

Just like I'm not overly concerned if I'm wrong or not.

There is no God and Kill The Cap.

In order:

1. good, because I'm lying about that. The only thing that keeps me up nights is my prostate.
2. Heh. Ignorance is bliss. FEELINGS! I FEEEL!
3. There might be, but even if there is, he/she leaves everything up to you anyway.
4. Not going to happen. It's the owner's stupidity shutdown

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is someone seriously saying the Packers were competitive pre-salary cap? And using the 1960's as an argument?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were making a propaganda video on why a cap is good, the Packers would be exhibit #1. Your centerpiece. Of course it didn't hurt to have Favre/Rodgers through that period either.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that this in some ways handcuffs the Broncos hands in they are going to be forced to guarantee that 3rd year of the contract. That was the hold up last week was that the Broncos only wanted to guarantee the first 2-years of the contract and the 3rd only be guaranteed because of injury where Miller wanted the first 3-years fully guaranteed. So it was just a matter of the language in the contract of what was guaranteed for what. Now maybe because of this deal with Cox he does think hey now I can up my offer even more kind of thing but to me if the Broncos cave and give him that 3rd year fully guaranteed then I think the deal gets done.

IDT, Miller wants to gouge...he wants what he wants and the Cox deal helped firm up the market for what he wanted. If he now decides he wants more because of Cox, Elway should take that as not negotiating in good faith and I can see this dragging out a lot longer.