• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fix It In 2020

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling TB is done. He just seems to have lost his passion for the game, he sits on the sidelines and appears disinterested to me.

he’s a defeated guy right now ... did you see his interview today?

I thought the GOAT was going to ride off into the sunset last March ... I think he made a mistake coming back

I wonder if he had higher hopes with the promise of some pretty good receivers and a bunch of TE maybes (August) with AB being the cream on top ... he sure looked unhappy since

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ceedee Lamb! Not that he'll be available however

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling TB is done. He just seems to have lost his passion for the game, he sits on the sidelines and appears disinterested to me.

Lack of off-season interaction with WR's
No-show in OTA's
Refusal to adjust to what WR's can do well
Generally looking more willing to blame than to "do your job!"

Not a good look for Brady. When every WR and TE can't catch? Maybe it's not the receivers fault?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several times Brady has said that as you get older, there are things that you can't ignore the same way you did when you were younger. The 'family" things that always seem to take place during the mini-camps and the OTAs are more important. Even if you have to go to Dubai to have your family outings.

Let's be honest about 2019........Football was not the top agenda item on Brady's 'To Do' list.

Tomorrow is 2020 and the lack of preparation and practice in May and June may well become the swan song of Brady's last year in Foxboro. As much as he's done and given in the past, if the team doesn't do something extraordinary, the failure at the end of this season will tarnish the shine on the tip of Brady's star.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as he's done and given in the past, if the team doesn't do something extraordinary, the failure at the end of this season will tarnish the shine on the tip of Brady's star.
No it won't, not in the least. (I was going to write more, but I really don't need to...)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it won't, not in the least. (I was going to write more, but I really don't need to...)

It will because that's just the way sports are. Those of us who were not huge fans of Peyton Manning remember the end of his career because that's always freshest in our minds. Because there are a greater number of Brady haters than lovers, this will be their opportunity to embellish the end of a spectacular career.

The true fan will remember the fourth quarter epic comebacks and the last minute wins. The haters will remember the balls thrown away and the passes that were not on target.

Even the greats of yesteryear have been diminished. How often do you hear the name of Unitas, Starr or even Marino, spoken in reverence? Starr more than others is still held in esteem because he was the winner in the first Suoer Bowls but not for his accomplishments in the regular season.

The media of today is the primary force behind a lot of it. Right now, when they speak of quarterbacks, the first names typed or spoken are Jackson, Mahomes, Watson and Wilson. It's almost as if Rodgers, Brady, and Manning are second thoughts.

Just MY opinion.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will because that's just the way sports are. Those of us who were not huge fans of Peyton Manning remember the end of his career because that's always freshest in our minds. Because there are a greater number of Brady haters than lovers, this will be their opportunity to embellish the end of a spectacular career.

The true fan will remember the fourth quarter epic comebacks and the last minute wins. The haters will remember the balls thrown away and the passes that were not on target.

Even the greats of yesteryear have been diminished. How often do you hear the name of Unitas, Starr or even Marino, spoken in reverence? Starr more than others is still held in esteem because he was the winner in the first Suoer Bowls but not for his accomplishments in the regular season.

The media of today is the primary force behind a lot of it. Right now, when they speak of quarterbacks, the first names typed or spoken are Jackson, Mahomes, Watson and Wilson. It's almost as if Rodgers, Brady, and Manning are second thoughts.

Just MY opinion.

1. Brady is 42 and had a mediocre season at worst, Manning was 39 when he left after a lousy season.
  2. At an age when Manning limped through a defense supported super bowl win, Brady led a 28 point come from behind win, a year later Brady lost a SB, but threw for the most yards ever in a SB
  3. Manning has an average playoff record, Brady has the GOAT playoff record
  4. Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne most of hos career, Brady had Moss for less than 3 years
  5. Peyton Manning won his first super bowl in his ninth season as a starter, Brady won in his first
Haters are going to hate and this season isn't going to alter that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now have a luxury that we have not had in awhile.....
Extra time off in the offseason. No waiting for February! Woohoo!!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will have something in 2020 that they haven't had for 10 years. A draft pick somewhere in the early 20s. That's for later.....

First things first...............

For sure losses:

Nick Caserio - He'll be the new GM of the Texans. BB has to find someone that won't drop to his knees and kiss the rings. Caserio always pushed back and made Belichick think about personnel.

Josh McDaniels - Doesn't matter where. He has to take one of the four jobs if they're offered. Standing behind BB and waiting is a death sentence. He'll never be able to fill the legend's shoes and will get beaten to death by expectations.

Dante Scarneccia - Dante wants to retire and said recently that he probably call it quits. Kraft and BB have to convince him to stay one more year so that the OL can be repaired and rebuilt for the future.

Tom Brady - Love him or not, the time has come to move on. Like a construction outfit, you eventually have to get rid of old equipment and replace it with newer and more modern and reliable equipment. Swallow hard and move on.

Ben Watson - He had a few great moments and had a couple in the playoff game but he can't block and was not what he was 15 yars ago. Thank you and hope your retirement goes well.

Joe Thuney - He will get a monster contract and the Patriots will not be able to match it. Thanks Joe.

Devon McCourty - He's been talking retirement for several years but has stayed. BB needs to convince him to stay for a couple more and ask him to coach the safeties help stabilize the back end. Then bring him on board as an assistant DB coach.

Jason McCourty - The flu just knocked the shit out of him for the last month. He's reportedly been in the hospital several times for IVs and has lost significant weight. Can't get any solid details but he was on the sideline yesterday and looked about half the size of Devon. You probably saw him and ignored the little guy in the red Patriot coast. May be time to move on.

Patrick Chung - Thanks Pat but you are not an NFL level safety anymore. You can't cover and your body has to go to the blue tent at least twice a game for pain killers. Problem is that the pain you cause can't be relieved by an injection of lidocaine.

Marcus Cannon - Your body has been telling you for the last three years that it wants to do something other than play football. Listen to it because it's not lying. Your done, accept it.

For sure needs:

New OC with a different system that will not require a PhD in motion dynamics. It doesn't have to be stupid proof, but a more simple and direct system might be in order for the transition.

Quarterback - I'm sorry, but no more Brady. It's time to move forward and not look back. Get one that has at least a minimum ability to run faster than 9 seconds a yard. He doesn't have to be able to throw the ball 80 yards, just be able to constantly hit a WR between the 8 and the 0.

Center - David Andrews has been on meds for blood clots and probably will be on them for the rest of his life. My guess is that the medical people will explain the risk of a serious internal injury that could cause death by bleeding because he will always be on a blood thinner. Karras did a commendable job but the Patriots have to suck it up and go after a veteran center like Shipley from the Cards who will be a free agent.

Tight End - LaCosse is not what a true tight end needs to be. He's a decent receiver but cannot block the bigs when needed. There are two hundred Div. I schools and at least half will be graduating a senior TS who would be better than Watson and LaCosse together.

Running Back - Sony Michele is adequate but does not have speed. Watching him constantly lose two or three yards every time he tries to run a sweep is nauseating. The worst part is that he gets caught from behind half of the time. He totally dependent on the OL and can't hitch and go in the backfield. When he hesitates, he's dead meat. I hate seeing a gut like Damian Harris on the Inactive List every freakin' week and never getting a chance to show if he's a better option.

Speed WR - Would be great to get a 6'3" or 6'4" WR who can run a 4.2 or 4.3 40 with hands the size of a baseball glove. But I won't hold my breath. BB likes midgets and always has.

FINALLY.......THE GREATEST NEED........................

Bill Belichick absolutely has to put his ego aside and listen to someone else when it comes to personnel. Especially when it comes to drafting. NO MORE broken toys. Especially ones with broken wheels. You draft them and then have to wait a year or they get hurt and you have to wait a year. MOST IMPORTANT, draft for NEED, N-O-W, not for what might be needed in 2023.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... the good part about losing to the Titans, we officially have the 23rd pick in the draft. That’s much higher than we are used too.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... the good part about losing to the Titans, we officially have the 23rd pick in the draft. That’s much higher than we are used too.

BB will trade it for a 2nd, a 6th, and a 7th in 2026.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question is what player with previous knee injuries will BB select?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question is what player with previous knee injuries will BB select?

I've had 5 knee surgeries and I really need to have my right knee replaced and I'm available. :wave:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had 5 knee surgeries and I really need to have my right knee replaced and I'm available. :wave:
Well, you can probably get more separation than Harry.