• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five-year extension for Clay Matthews

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I'll always be a little concerned about that hammy. It's been bothering him his whole career, and it'll only be slower and slower to heal as he gets older. Fortunately, he's always been able to play pretty solid football even with that hindrance.

Rodgers is also going to eat up a huge chunk of the cap. It'll be difficult over the next couple of years to find quality free agents, but then again, that's never been TT's method of operation anyway.

Hopefully, by the time guys like Casey Hayward and Randall Cobb are up for extensions, the cap will increase more than it has over the last few years.

Also, an FYI, rumors are flying that the Packers are talking with Sam Shields about a long term extension. No question all that available cap space we had at the start of free agency will be all but gone by the start of the season.

I'd also like to add that this is my first post coming over from CBS after they dismantled their boards. I don't post too often these days, but I hope this place is decent enough to make me want to stay.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years for $65 million with $31 million guaranteed

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys welcome to the board!!!

Sorry I didn't see you sooner. The defense is much better with Clay on the field but he and Rodgers are eating a lot of cap now. And yea I agree with you, Major. It would be scary to lose Cobb and Hayward in a couple years.

I'm not very excited about the draft this year.