• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher gets two year extension

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's decision was it to trade up for Goff? Was it Snishers?? or someone higher up?? Because if it was someone higher up then Snisher has a legitimate bitch for losing! Not trying to stick up for him but maybe there's a chance that Snisher wanted to draft something other than a qb. Even Eric Dickerson stuck up for Fisher saying it wasn't his decision to draft Goff.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the appeal of Fisher. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

I can't do it. I have neither the necessary dazzle from a brilliant perspective. Or the necessary baffle from a bullshit perspective. How Fisher is still a HC in the NFL has me verklempt.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's decision was it to trade up for Goff? Was it Snishers?? or someone higher up?? Because if it was someone higher up then Snisher has a legitimate bitch for losing! Not trying to stick up for him but maybe there's a chance that Snisher wanted to draft something other than a qb. Even Eric Dickerson stuck up for Fisher saying it wasn't his decision to draft Goff.

Rumors were Demoff pushed hard for Goff because of the move back to LA and he went to Cal. ( California story) Fisher wanted to keep the picks. It will probably be a few years before we know the truth.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors were Demoff pushed hard for Goff because of the move back to LA and he went to Cal. ( California story) Fisher wanted to keep the picks. It will probably be a few years before we know the truth.

Not sure where these rumors start or if we'll ever know the truth. That's one thing that Fisher is good at, is covering up something. I'm sure he got paid real well.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if drafting Goff was from the higher ups, then Fisher and Snead did a hell of a job selling Goff as their choice in their press conferences.

and, if that is true, it is hard to blame Fisher/Snead for the lack of Rams picks if they were wanting to hold onto them, or do their usual moving around the draft board.

that being said, Fisher still needs to go because he clearly cannot coach anymore.

the guy has been around for 5 years, and this team is just as undisciplined on the field now as they were when he was hired. how does that not get fixed in 5 years?

they fixed the defense with the picks they had, but ignored to offense while fixing the defense, and now are trying to patch together an offense while the defense is still in its prime. its just too bad they don't know how to draft OL or WR's.

other teams have undrafted OL playing better than the Rams #2 overall LT, not to mention the rest of the line. and their only "legit" WR they have drafted they don't even know how to use.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if drafting Goff was from the higher ups, then Fisher and Snead did a hell of a job selling Goff as their choice in their press conferences.

and, if that is true, it is hard to blame Fisher/Snead for the lack of Rams picks if they were wanting to hold onto them, or do their usual moving around the draft board.

that being said, Fisher still needs to go because he clearly cannot coach anymore.

the guy has been around for 5 years, and this team is just as undisciplined on the field now as they were when he was hired. how does that not get fixed in 5 years?

they fixed the defense with the picks they had, but ignored to offense while fixing the defense, and now are trying to patch together an offense while the defense is still in its prime. its just too bad they don't know how to draft OL or WR's.

other teams have undrafted OL playing better than the Rams #2 overall LT, not to mention the rest of the line. and their only "legit" WR they have drafted they don't even know how to use.

I agree, he sucks as a coach!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it weird with Snead.... I mean I can't remember the last time I saw or heard anything from him?? I picture him with his perfect hair laying on a Beach somewhere sipping a drink haha. Probably has his alarm set to wake him up the day of the draft.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to be proud of, way to go Fish
Fisher lauds Rams' punt team as another season slips away
Dan Wilkins Dec 6, 2016 9:40 AM
Jeff Fisher knows how to look on the bright side.

Amid yet another season in which his team appears set for a sub-.500 finish, and at a time when he's quickly closing in on the NFL's all-time losses record, the veteran head coach wants everyone else to look at the positives, too.

After all, the Los Angeles Ramshave themselves a phenomenal punter.

Johnny Hekker is indeed putting together another Pro Bowl-caliber season, leading the NFL in both average distance and net yards per punt. The record to which Fisher refers is presumably Dave Zastudil's mark of 46 kicks downed inside the 20-yard line, as Hekker enters Week 14 with an impressive 40.

So, as fans and sports media types begin (continue?) to call for his job, just remember that, if nothing else, Fisher's squad gives the ball back to its opponents better than any other team in the league.

That has to be good for another two-year extension, right?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to be proud of, way to go Fish
Fisher lauds Rams' punt team as another season slips away
Dan Wilkins Dec 6, 2016 9:40 AM
Jeff Fisher knows how to look on the bright side.

Amid yet another season in which his team appears set for a sub-.500 finish, and at a time when he's quickly closing in on the NFL's all-time losses record, the veteran head coach wants everyone else to look at the positives, too.

After all, the Los Angeles Ramshave themselves a phenomenal punter.

Johnny Hekker is indeed putting together another Pro Bowl-caliber season, leading the NFL in both average distance and net yards per punt. The record to which Fisher refers is presumably Dave Zastudil's mark of 46 kicks downed inside the 20-yard line, as Hekker enters Week 14 with an impressive 40.

So, as fans and sports media types begin (continue?) to call for his job, just remember that, if nothing else, Fisher's squad gives the ball back to its opponents better than any other team in the league.

That has to be good for another two-year extension, right?
Why stop at two, we need to extend him another five years! :lol:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what(to me)shows what kind of BS coach this guy really is...Year after Year after Year after Year after Year of the same crap penalties as the day he took over...Plus, the same damn losing record...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The underside of Fishers bus. He ain't just throwing people under the bus he's driving it too!

More non-excuse excuses from Jeff Fisher

Why the Hell is he bringing up Mason and Bailey??? Yes they were horrible incidents, but there's NO WAY he can try to say their loss on the roster made the difference from us winning games this season. Fisher has turned into such a pathetic excuse for a coach/person...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Hell is he bringing up Mason and Bailey??? Yes they were horrible incidents, but there's NO WAY he can try to say their loss on the roster made the difference from us winning games this season. Fisher has turned into such a pathetic excuse for a coach/person...

They would've been depth players at best, and both have been ably replaced.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"They’ll also question how hard the team is pushed, with a lack of in-season padded practices being an example of the perceived problem"

This line from the article rings so true. The Titans front office talked about Fishers easy practices during the season as a problem he refused to change. Fisher is a stubborn man. The o-line is weak and gets shoved around by stronger fitter players week after week after week. Nothing ever changes.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been playing Madden for over a decade.

Can I get a job?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They’ll also question how hard the team is pushed, with a lack of in-season padded practices being an example of the perceived problem"

This line from the article rings so true. The Titans front office talked about Fishers easy practices during the season as a problem he refused to change. Fisher is a stubborn man. The o-line is weak and gets shoved around by stronger fitter players week after week after week. Nothing ever changes.

No need to worry... we ain't doing that 7-9 bullshit anymore.

Ahhh 7-9... The good ole days.