• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher gets two year extension

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny the Rams didn't even have the confidence to even announce it, it gets leaked probably by Fishers camp. It speaks volumes that he would be even signed to an extension, the Rams front office do their best to drive away fans.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know that Jeff Fisher's agent was Kevin Demoff's father. This all makes sense now. Dude can go 0-16 next year and still keep his job.

Conflict of Interest, not when you could care less about winning. Smart organizations don't do that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have gotta have pics of Kroenke with an amputee Middle Eastern midget, a donkey, and a car battery with jumper cables......that's the only explanation I can think of.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well....guess they just want to concentrate on Building the new stadium. Maybe there are no good substitutes available that wants to take on the task of coaching a team in such disarray on and off the field.

A 2 year extension is not what Fisher would have liked. I'm sure he wanted and expected 4 years.
The Rams have said to Fisher with this extension that they will let him slide on this season because of the circumstances of the move to LA and a rookie QB.

But if he wants to coach at the new digs he has two years to start winning.
He won't be able to do it. He doesn't know how to build a winning football team. He will be gone in two years or less and I will be putting Rams games on the back burner until he is gone.

I'll still watch the games when I can but I will not plan my whole day around the game and I will not and do not expect them to win. It's easier on my mental and emotional health...:D

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What horrible news for Rams fans to wake up to.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another stupid decision by a stupid organization. The shitty lambs are the browns of the nfc; with a stupid ass owner and a shift for brains coach, great way to lose fans.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I thought it sucked being a Chargers fan. Guess not.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the appeal of Fisher. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man could not even find his review flag today right on national television. The game has passed him by because he has allowed it to. He is unprepared on game day and so his team is unprepared as well. Atlanta will come to LA and whip their asses next week and then the Seahawks will follow suit the week after then the 49ers and Cardinals are chomping at the bit to get at the Rams in the last two weeks. This Rams team could end up at 4-12 and Fish gets an extension. You just can't make this shit up.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a sorry excuse to extend this sack of shit... "oh the challenging of moving OTA's, practices, etc and uprooting families" Sorry but shit happens and families move; no sympathy for millionaire football coaches having to pay a few hundred bucks to box up their house and move to a different city. Exactly why this team is the new browns of the nfc; any other successful org would have canned these retards but no they had the audacity to find the lousy excuse.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Rams, Jeff Fisher conceal contract extension for so long?

Fisher is just letting the fans and Eric Dickerson know he has a contract. Smells like a desperate move by a coach that knows he is not assured of anything. He could be fired tomorrow and he knows it so what does he do? he runs out today waiving his extension around.

This may buy him until season's end but I think he will be gone before 2017. The Rams will be real fortunate to get to 5-11 this season. When the contract was drafted no one thought that possible. With Gurley and a new QB! I feel better than this morning when this news first broke. I think he is toast at the end of this horrible season.

From the story:

"We’d been hearing for weeks that Rams coach Jeff Fisher already had a contract extension in place. On Sunday, we all heard it — directly from Fisher.

So why was it kept secret for so long?

The easy explanation is that the Rams were waiting to announce it at a time when the fan base would says, “That makes sense.” Instead, the announcement came after a multi-day barrage from Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson, who has made it his mission in life to end Fisher’s tenure with the team.

The fact that the extension was signed so long ago could actually work against Fisher. Apart from the question of whether the two-year deal has a clause allowing the Rams to escape the contract after one year (more on that is coming during NBC’s Football Night in America) is the reality that, based on what owner Stan Kroenke sees from the team over the balance of the season, Kroenke could decide to make a change, in theory."

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have gotta have pics of Kroenke with an amputee Middle Eastern midget, a donkey, and a car battery with jumper cables......that's the only explanation I can think of.

You nailed it.

I don't understand the appeal of Fisher. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

DJ gave you the answer. Read above.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolcat_what.jpg

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe losing out will change Kronke's mind. Someone on NBC was saying that the team option is after next season...god, we're going to get 1 more year of Jeff Fisher bullshit.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all starts with a flaccid, quiet, limp biscuit of an owner who doesn't know a thing about developing a winning football team nor does he care. The dumbshit doesn't know what to do and when he does permit a move, he delegates the decision to a complete idiot in a job he should not be doing and that would be K. Demoff who turns around and does the dumbest thing on the planet that everyone else can see through as completely boneheaded but not this turd.

Conversely, compare our owner to say a Robert Kraft who is a businessman as well. Kraft understands the game to the point of hiring great people who have the same understanding, purpose, and goals as he does. One of those goals is to continue a winning system. He decides on a move and he delegates it to the right people who perennially make excellent moves that fit a proven system and they are always winning.

This is why New England will be considered a perennial winner and superbowl contender and we will be considered the same old sorry ass Rams who continually shit the bed no matter what they do!! Somebody who knows what the hell they are doing and has the money should make an offer to Kroneke to buy the team. Who knows, the dumbass limp biscuit may even take the deal.

As a 50+ years Rams fan, I sure hope that happens but I am wise enough to understand that this wish is probably more fantasy than reality.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams Show Commitment to Losing with Fisher and Snead Extensions
Posted by: Randy Karraker in National Football LeagueDecember 4, 2016

Most St. Louis sports fans got a double dose of great news Sunday, with the revelation the Rams had given Jeff Fisher and General Manager Les Snead contract extensions, followed by a 26-10 loss at Foxborough to the New England Patriots.

It’s not just the extensions that make me happy. It’s the knowledge that the franchise is going to be mired in consistent wretchedness for the foreseeable future.

jeff-fisher-5.jpg

Fisher has a 31-43-1 record in his five seasons as the Rams’ coach.

Why? Here are five reasons…

1) Fisher: By giving him a two-year contract extension, the Rams assured that he can become the Cy Young of coaching losses. Young has an MLB best 511 career wins. Walter Johnson is second with 417. Next week, Fisher should lose to the Falcons and match Dan Reeves’ NFL record for head coaching losses with 165.

Bill Belichick is second among active coaches with 115 losses, but he’s averaged about five losses a year for 22 seasons. If Fisher would go unbeaten for a decade, Belichick would need that decade to tie. Among other active coaches, Andy Reid is a couple of losses behind The Hoodie.

Jack Del Rio has 82 losses in his eleventh year, but he would have to have the career he’s had AGAIN to reach Fisher’s loss total.

The fact of the matter is Fisher is on his way to setting a record that will be almost impossible to break.

Toss that in with the fact that Fisher will be…unless the Rams go unbeaten the rest of the season…the first coach in the Super Bowl era to start a career with a team with five straight losing seasons and keep his job. By any measure, what he hasn’t done while still having that coaching job is remarkable.

2) Jared Goff: Before the Rams’ last garbage time drive, the prized rookie was 11-28 for 88 yards. I was on the road and listening to the New England broadcast, and Patriots analyst, and former NFL quarterback Scott Zolak talked continually about how Goff didn’t show him anything. He brought up the struggles Troy Aikman had as a rookie, but added “at least you saw something from him.” He pointed out how ready Andrew Luck was coming out of the Pac 12 to the NFL. At least this former NFL quarterback said “I’m just not seeing it,” with Goff. So, Fisher’s hand-picked franchise quarterback will stick with his record setting coach.

les-snead1.jpg

In his five years as the Rams’ GM, Les Snead has had 26 premium draft picks.

3) Snead: In five years, Snead has owned 26 premium (first three rounds) draft picks. He traded the second, sixth, and 45th picks in the 2012 draft, first and second rounders to move up in 2013, the 23rd pick to move down, and his first three picks this year to move up to get Goff. He has used seventeen premium picks in five drafts. Of those, ten are desired Rams starters, and two of those have gone to a Pro Bowl, Todd Gurley and Aaron Donald. The other eight desired starters (they started Greg Robinson on Sunday because Rodger Saffold was hurt) are Michael Brockers and Trumaine Johnson from 2012, Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree and T.J. McDonald from 2013, Rob Havenstein and Jamon Brown from 2015, and Goff this year.

Snead is enamored of young, inexperienced players. Brockers, Gurley and Robinson were all 20 year olds when the Rams took them, and all have shown various levels of lack of progress.

Three of Snead’s seventeen premium choices are no longer in the NFL, Isaiah Pead, Stedman Bailey and Tre Mason. 2015 third rounder Sean Mannion didn’t show enough to prevent the Rams from dealing up to get Goff.

And most alarming about Snead’s choices is that of fifteen picks AFTER the third round in 2012, 2013 and 2014, only four are with the team…kicker Greg Zuerlein, defensive backs Maurice Alexander and E.J. Gaines and offensive lineman Demetrius Rhaney.

Bottom line, this team does a bad job of drafting and developing good, winning players, and Snead’s extension promises more of the same.

kevin-demoff.jpg

Rams COO Kevin Demoff’s father is Jeff Fisher’s agent.

4) Kevin Demoff: His dad is Fisher’s agent, which probably made the negotiation a little more interesting. The more Fisher gets, the more Marvin Demoff gets.

As we know, Kevin Demoff is a loser.

In twelve NFL seasons, he was part of a couple of 9-7 campaigns in Tampa Bay, but otherwise hasn’t participated in anything of note from a football perspective.

His continued presence with the Los Angeles Rams will be wonderful for St. Louis.

He thinks Fisher is great. He’s on board with what Snead has done. He’s a fan of Goff. He likes their players.

And of course he says it’s unfair to judge Fisher on his record. That’s PERFECT.

5) Enos Kroenke: Another sports loser. His Colorado Avalanche are 9-13-1, in last place in the NHL’s Central Division and 24th out of 30 teams in attendance.

stan-kroenke-6.jpg

Rams owner Stan Kroenke

His Denver Nuggets are 7-13, one game ahead of last place Minnesota in the NBA’s Northwest Division and second-to-last in attendance (and if you don’t believe he owns those teams, check their websites). His Colorado Rapids made the MLS semifinals, but were third-to-last in attendance. And the same lack of interest in supporting a perennial loser in St. Louis will take hold soon enough in L.A.

Chronic losing starts at the top in sports, and Enos has established himself as a chronic loser.

In the Rams’ fifth season in St. Louis, they won the Super Bowl with Dick Vermeil in charge of the organization. The same thing happened with Ozzie Newsome taking the helm in Baltimore. With the Rams in Los Angeles, Kroenke has his boy Demoff in charge, and both of them are enamored of Fisher. That means more losing for a franchise that has logged thirteen straight non-winning seasons.

The extensions for Fisher and Snead will make for more gleeful Sundays and Mondays in St. Louis.

Video: Andy Cohen Gives Rams’ Wives a Message for Stan Kroenke

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Times! Under Jeff Fisher, the Rams ‘Greatest Joke on Turf’ Will Continue
Posted by: Bernie Miklasz in Bernie Miklasz, National Football LeagueDecember 5, 2016

In reaction to the news of a contract extension for head coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead, our Randy Karraker has written a fine piece on the “Greatest Joke On Turf.”

I can’t control myself, so I’ll have to go ahead and pile on.

jeff-fisher-5.jpg

Jeff Fisher’s extension takes him through the 2018 season.

You can go ahead and flag me 15 yards for a personal foul … necessaryroughness.

Just how comically, remarkably and inexplicably bad are these contract extensions?

You may offer some relevant, perfectly good answers.

Such as:

— The Rams have all but officially filed another losing season into their history book; at 4-8 they’d have to win the remaining four games to avoid another sub .500 record. And that’s not going to happen. Book it: another losing year, the fifth in a row for Fisher and Snead as the football leaders in charge of the Rams.

This will be the 10th consecutive losing season for the franchise … and the 13th straight non-winning season for a team that, once upon a time, was the domain of Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Orlando Pace, Torry Holt, Eric Dickerson, Jackie Slater, Jack Youngblood, Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Tom Fears, Elroy Hirsch, Ollie Matson, Les Richter, Tom Mack, Norm VanBrocklin, Bob Waterfield, Jerome Bettis, Kevin Greene. And the province of great coaching minds such as George Allen, Sid Gillman, Clark Shaughnessy and Dick Vermeil — to mention only a few.

So why would current team management go forward with two hopeless halfwits that have had five seasons — and a ton of premium draft picks — to get it right, only to sputter to an overall record of 31-44-1?

— After sabotaging and killing fan interest in St. Louis, and gaining NFL cartel approval to move to Los Angeles, why would team management want to alienate and infuriate current and potential customers in an LA market that was all warm and fuzzy about the return of Rams football to SoCal? At some point does owner Jed Clampett Kroenkemake even a half-hearted attempt to field a winner and generate goodwill in the nation’s second-largest market?

— Why would team chief operating officer Pinocchio Demoff choose to leak the word of contract extensions during a time when Fisher is (1) childishly feuding with franchise-icon Dickerson; (2) about to lead the Rams into slaughter at New England; and (3) moving closer to becoming the all-time biggest coaching loser in NFL history; (4) making a fool of himself and the franchise by publicly forgetting the names of the Patriots’ running backs; (5) evidently forgetting to maximize the talent of his own running back, who used to be Todd Gurley; (6) putting his own offense into a coma from which there is no reemergence; (7) guilty of playing Case Keenum and waiting until the 10th game to start No. 1 overall draft choice JaredGoff at quarterback; and (8) drawing widespread ridicule for constantly citing the Rams’ relocation as a cheap, wimpy excuse for losing?

case-keenum-3.jpg

Keenum logged a 61 percent completion percentage through nine 2016 starts.

(Hey: If moving a team is the reason for the horrendous football, then why were the Rams so perky with a 3-1 mark after the first four games of this season? And given that Fisher has had only two winning records in his last 12 seasons as a head coach, how does Coach explain the many other lost seasons? Except for a brief respite in Tennessee (2007, 2008) Fisher has been rolling up losing seasons since the end of the 2003 campaign.)

These are all excellent reasons that show the relentless buffoonery of Clampett-Kroenke, Pinocchio-Demoff staying the course with the Red Klotz of NFL coaches. For the kids out there, Klotz was the coach of the Washington Generals and later the New York Nationals — the traveling patsy team that toured with the basketball Harlem Globetrotters during their decades-long heyday.

Klotz had two jobs: lose to the Globetrotters and look stupid while doing so. Klotz was one of the all-time great clowns — and that’s a compliment — who lost an estimated 14,000-plus games to the Globetrotters while winning only TWICE.

Ah, but there’s a difference between Klotz and Fisher …

Klotz was trying to lose.

Fisher, on the other hand, is at least trying to win.

Well, at least in theory.

Anyway …

To me, here’s the No. 1 reason why these contract extensions are so humorously and gloriously inept: Rams management was embarrassed to announce them. The deals with Fisher-Snead were made before the start of the regular season, but the Rams wouldn’t release the news. They sat on it. They tried to keep it quiet. They didn’t want anyone to know.

Now, think about that for a second …

If you give contract extensions to the empty-head coach and the general mangler but are too mortified to disclose this wonderful news to the public, this may indicate that you have the wrong coach and GM in place. If you don’t want folks to know that your coach and GM will continue in their present jobs — despite being proven failures — then gee, I’m guessing you probably should get a new GM and coach … you know, a couple of guys that you won’t be ashamed of.

What was Dickerson’s reaction to the exciting news of Fisher’s sweetened contract?

“So what’s it about? … I’ll say it again: Where are the naked pictures? Who has them? Because something is going on here to hire this guy back again for another two seasons,” Dickerson told LA television station Fox 11 on Sunday night. “It’s a joke.”

Dickerson hit the hole.

This really is the Greatest Joke on Turf.

A three-ring circus of mediocrity.

With Demoff, shovel in hand, being paid to clean up after the elephants as Kroenke stacks up the profits.

Thanks for reading …

–Bernie