• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are not down 2-0 because of Mason (as some ass hats have tried to say). They are not down 2-0 because of the officials. Mason allowed 1 bad goal. The officials have sucked BOTH ways.

The Capitals were the best regular season team in the league.

The Flyers are playing without one of their most important forwards and have been playing without one of their better defensemen. Mason is not 100% and G and Jake are both banged up. The face that they are even in these games is only because of their grit and coaching.

Stop, stop, stop, stop.....
We are not down two games because of officials, Has the officiating been shitty....Without a doubt. But the officials have nothing to do with the fact that we have scored only One goal in Two games.

Fuck this shit looking for excuses, We weren't even picked to be where we are now, and the team is doing a hell of a job. But they are up against the best team in the league and are having trouble finding the back of the net.

Don't fucking start the who can we blame it on shit, This team doesn't need to make excuses!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I am saying. There is very little room for error on the road against the best home team (and overall) in the Nhl. They went 29-8-4 in that building this season. One of those OT losses was to us, so it's not an impossible task. However, Mason has been strong overall, but we absolutely cannot have him give up the 2nd and 4th goals that were scored on Saturday. One went straight in (after a slight deflection) from 85 feet and the other he was off his angle. He's better than that and he needs to be for us to win.

While we didn't have a ton of A+ quality chances, minus one or two plays and blunders by Mase, I thought we played well enough to have that game go to OT and steal it. They just generate offense on the rush (and pp) so much easier than we do. We're also better than 0 for 4 on the pp and 0 for 2 on the pk, even without Couturier. That's terrible.

No need to panic here. We outshot them 42-23 in the last game and carried the play in their zone for much of the game with very little to show for it. The reason I say Holtby has been great but also lucky is because you normally don't stop that many attempts on net without something bouncing past you off a skate or body. Keep playing hard, get right in Holtby's kitchen and go out and win our home games. It's something we can accomplish.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to panic all Washington did was hold serve at home if we want to make it a series we need to win at home and for gods sake please get the PP going. Let's go Flyers in game three tonight!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please somebody take a run at Ovechkin like he been doing to us both games

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please somebody take a run at Ovechkin like he been doing to us both games

Gudas needs to put his dentist in a higher tax bracket for sure!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me like you guys have the situation pegged.

1. The Caps were the best team in the league all season and have so much depth it is tough for the Flyers to keep up, especially without Couturier.

2. One bad Mason goal doesn't undo the rest of his play the past 2 months. He's been phenomenal. I keep putting him out there until he falls over.

3. Home Ice can make a big difference. The boys will be energized tonight, no question. Have to come out, set the tone, AND get the first goal. The last part is the part that has been missing. They've been able to carry the play a good bit, but can't get the goal. They need to shoot it away from Holtby's logo and maybe they will score. Also need to crash the net HARD. Make his life a living hell.

4. That being said, can't have a parade to the penalty box. 3 of the 6 goals against have come on the PK. You have to find a way to stay out of the box. Flyers have only been outscored 3-1 at even strength and one of those was an absolute fluke. Win the special teams battle, win the series. That starts with staying out of the box.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The Caps were the best team in the league all season and have so much depth it is tough for the Flyers to keep up, especially without Couturier.

2. One bad Mason goal doesn't undo the rest of his play the past 2 months. He's been phenomenal. I keep putting him out there until he falls over.

3. Home Ice can make a big difference. The boys will be energized tonight, no question. Have to come out, set the tone, AND get the first goal. The last part is the part that has been missing. They've been able to carry the play a good bit, but can't get the goal. They need to shoot it away from Holtby's logo and maybe they will score. Also need to crash the net HARD. Make his life a living hell.

4. That being said, can't have a parade to the penalty box. 3 of the 6 goals against have come on the PK. You have to find a way to stay out of the box. Flyers have only been outscored 3-1 at even strength and one of those was an absolute fluke. Win the special teams battle, win the series. That starts with staying out of the box.
This!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^^
AGREED

You're exactly right, Mason has been a beast.....
How many games in the last couple months has Mason been the only ship at sea in these games???
Game one he got worked over badly and we couldn't put one in the net....
Game two the team took the pressure off him and beat the piss out of Holtby..... So he made a mistake, who in the last two games hasn't made a mistake???? Only difference with his is it showed up on the scoreboard.
And honestly it wouldn't of mattered if we could put up more than one goal in two games!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want a Giroux shift, Simmonds hat trick, Mason shutout, or something to rally around.

Scoreboard aside, Game 2 was a huge improvement over Game 1. The powerplay was looking exponentially better and chances are coming at even strength. Holtby is a great goalie and shouldn't be taken lightly, but he is mortal and we have the firepower to beat him. Just a matter of getting everybody on all cylinders.

It appears Mason will be starting - not that there should have ever been a doubt.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've said it before the series even started. Game 3 will be a win. The emotion from the crowd / Ed Snider pregame tribute will give them the boost they need. This will be one of those games they win on effort not talent. Expecting something big early on, a la Giroux first shift in 2012 hitting Crosby and scoring. Something to that effect. Need our big guns to do something Here. G goal. Ghost bomb. Simmonds deflection. Something. Go Flyers and win it for ED!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why the Flyers have no shot against the Capitals

I want to win so bad just because of idiots like this.

Wow, what douchebag write up.....
I hope the Flyers make him choke on his bullshit.
Don't take it seriously, folks. ESPN is nothing but a hype machine that's obviously in the tank for Ovechkin. Look how the Red Wings were getting pummeled by the Lightning & then won 2-0 on their home ice. Capitals are a team that heavily relies on the energy from their home crowd. You guys just gotta get physical with some of their key players (Backstrom, Kuznetsov, & Niskanen). Put bodies on these guys & watch them crumble. Guys like Gudas, White, & Simmonds need to take from Schenn's example & up the physical play. Wish I could say the same about Giroux, but he apparently only plays physical against my Pens.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take it seriously, folks. ESPN is nothing but a hype machine that's obviously in the tank for Ovechkin. Look how the Red Wings were getting pummeled by the Lightning & then won 2-0 on their home ice. Capitals are a team that heavily relies on the energy from their home crowd. You guys just gotta get physical with some of their key players (Backstrom, Kuznetsov, & Niskanen). Put bodies on these guys & watch them crumble. Guys like Gudas, White, & Simmonds need to take from Schenn's example & up the physical play. Wish I could say the same about Giroux, but he apparently only plays physical against my Pens.

:duck:

Who's taking it serious???
ESPN has no validity to anything. they suck the dicks of whomever will pay their bills.
But as with this whole season critics like this have counted the Flyers out since the first puck drop of the season, so fuck espn and all its paid off bitches. We will recover at home and then its going to be a matter of whomever wins on the road, takes the next step....

I look at all ESPN flunkies like the weatherman.... 95% of the time he's wrong and still keeps his job.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:duck:

Who's taking it serious???
ESPN has no validity to anything. they suck the dicks of whomever will pay their bills.
But as with this whole season critics like this have counted the Flyers out since the first puck drop of the season, so fuck espn and all its paid off bitches. We will recover at home and then its going to be a matter of whomever wins on the road, takes the next step....

I look at all ESPN flunkies like the weatherman.... 95% of the time he's wrong and still keeps his job.
Too bad you guys don't have tSpectrum anymore. That was a real home ice advantage.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lasgop has stated one of our weaknesses all year that must get going and that is the PP. If we do better with the PP than our chances of winning go up along with being at home.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lasgop has stated one of our weaknesses all year that must get going and that is the PP. If we do better with the PP than our chances of winning go up along with being at home.
Not hating, but I think the weakness of the Flyers (as it has been for a while) has been the defensive play of the dmen. I give props to Gudas for his physicality, Gostisbehere for his sick skillz, Streit for his leadership, & MacDonald for being a horse, but they don't have the foot speed to back peddle with fast forwards. I think that will change over time tho, I really like some of your prospective dmen.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I just played as the Flyers against the Capitals in NHL 16 & won 2-0. Cousins & Laughton scored the goals for me.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was worried there would be no Orange Crush. Between the t-shirts, light show, God Bless America, and any other Snider ceremony this building better melt down tonight.