• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not pleased, I am not shocked either. I am more than a little perturbed by the so called "fans" who heap nothing but scorn on the players who are the reason they made the playoffs in the first place.

Now then, Mason is playing hurt. He virtually carried this team down the stretch. Has he been sub par, yes, but he has also earned the right to start. He is not the reason the PK is horrible, or the PP for that matter.

I feel like a broken record, but they weren't supposed to be in the playoffs. Yes, getting crushed at home sucks, but it was by the best team in the league the Flyers kept giving them PP's. You do that, you deserve to loose like that...well, the Flyers and the moron's throwing their bracelets on the ice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not pleased, I am not shocked either. I am more than a little perturbed by the so called "fans" who heap nothing but scorn on the players who are the reason they made the playoffs in the first place.

Now then, Mason is playing hurt. He virtually carried this team down the stretch. Has he been sub par, yes, but he has also earned the right to start. He is not the reason the PK is horrible, or the PP for that matter.

I feel like a broken record, but they weren't supposed to be in the playoffs. Yes, getting crushed at home sucks, but it was by the best team in the league the Flyers kept giving them PP's. You do that, you deserve to loose like that...well, the Flyers and the moron's throwing their bracelets on the ice.
THIS!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking disgrace. Carlson scoring from the same spot 4 times in 3 games. Hopefully game 3 we at last pretend to make adjustments
Nobody blocking shots but Schultz that is how Carlson scores three times from the same spot.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes without saying that the penalty kill was beyond pathetic last night. No doubt the Capitals have a very potent power play, but it didn't even look like the Flyers were even trying to kill the penalties. Forget killing penalties, I don't think the puck even cleared the Flyers' zone in the majority of the penalties from last night.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Couts or PEB tonight and Caps killing us on the PP. Not a good combo.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stop send a parade to the box we should be fine.
That's the key maybe being three down and in Philadelphia the refs will ease up...nah believe it when I see it. Either way I hope that they can pull this one off.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I hope the Flyers can pull one out of the hat but unless they fix the PK and PP, the chances are slim.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the key maybe being three down and in Philadelphia the refs will ease up...nah believe it when I see it. Either way I hope that they can pull this one off.
We could also use a break like Washington had in dumping it in off the glass to the front of the net. I feel like this team plays with too much pride to get swept and we get a win tonight.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must win.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to need to show a lot of discipline, much like game two in this one. And then we can't let them score on both power plays either. Neuvy may have to stand on his head a bit, but he is capable. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have confidence against them at even strength, but we clearly need new strategies on the power play and penalty kill. I just doubt they've made those changes in a couple of days.

We need our own power play to finally break through. It's been embarrassing to this point. As I've said before, it looks like we're playing even strength half of the time while 5 on 4. And then their power play looks like a 5 on 3 every time out. I've never seen anything like this sort of discrepancy between special teams units. It shouldn't exist in the playoffs, ever.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the excellent pace from both teams in this opening five minutes unfolds, it really is impressive just how good/fast and big the Capitals are. The Flyers are the smaller, pesky team now...who would have thought. All I want is one win. Just win one.