• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dooby dooby dooo , a big Pitt fan, if you’re still here cause I know you were banned for I don’t know what , knew I call it as I see it.

He was banned because he turned out to be a major doofus and also had a major meltdown lol

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Darkstone42 hat on.

As far as I see it from non-homer eyes, Kakko was arlready coming in full bore laterally into the crease to get around Dumolin. Dumolin's push did not change the trajectory of Kakko's motion, only added to the existing lateral momentum. Kakko got caught up in DeSmith's pad/stick and his momentum dragged DeSmith away from the crease. To say that Kakko could have avoided the goalie without Dumolin's contact is just a misunderstanding of the laws of physics.
How was Kakko supposed to come in, on his twinkle toes?

It was a clean play and a good goal .

Anyone with a competitive point of view knows it. And, I bet the rules prove it. It was a judgment call made by refs who I’m sure as heck called something you didn’t agree with

Dumolin was beat. Period.

Another thing, kakko does not have rep of an overly aggressive player. He’s athletic, and could have avoided the contact if not shoved .

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FR6xdUKXEAECS7u

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone with a competitive point of view knows it. And, I bet the rules prove it. It was a judgment call made by refs who I’m sure as heck called something you didn’t agree with

Another thing, kakko does not have rep of an overly aggressive player. He’s athletic, and could have avoided the contact if not shoved .
You're reading too much into what I said. There was no intent to interfere or be overly aggressive. His path and speed around Dumolin carried him through the crease as he was attempting to not only shoot but also follow the rebounded puck as Dumolin attempted to push him out of the crease. It was incidental contact as all 3 players were attempting to do their jobs, hence no penalty for goalie interference, but the goal was called off for the incidental contact.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're reading too much into what I said. There was no intent to interfere or be overly aggressive. His path and speed around Dumolin carried him through the crease as he was attempting to not only shoot but also follow the rebounded puck as Dumolin attempted to push him out of the crease. It was incidental contact as all 3 players were attempting to do their jobs, hence no penalty for goalie interference, but the goal was called off for the incidental contact.
As dash said in the moment last night, had the goal been scored on the initial contact/drive to the net it likely stands or at least a tossup. The Interference was in the fact that the contact that carried DeSmithout of the crease preventing him from playing his position and defending the goal on the subsequent shot. Which is the literal wording of the rule:

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal.

If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F n bullshit!!! Only a homer/ hater would believe in that crap.

Replay clearly showed that had dumolin, who was clearly beaten , pushed him into goalie. Kappo could have avoided desmith.

YOU NEVER REWARD THE BEATIN PLAYER.

Like I said rangers didn’t deserve the win, they played like shit.

But game should have never gone to OT.
We are going to agree to disagree. I'm the most negative on the Pens...Hell, I said they'd get swept. Kokko was full body in the crease regardless of doumalin pushing from behind as he moves laterally.

don't be a homer-gomer

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rep or no rep...he's clearly bringing his entire body through the crease...that is not gonna fly...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to agree to disagree. I'm the most negative on the Pens...Hell, I said they'd get swept. Kokko was full body in the crease regardless of doumalin pushing from behind as he moves laterally.

don't be a homer-gomer
We all know you are the closet Kris Letang fan club President. :D

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong , he was shoved into crease , how do you not see that?

lol he was shoved, and his course was changed due to it… man, just stop.

No one player would ever want a player esp a goalie to be run over . Just stop!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't be a homer-gomer
Again , you are dead wrong about play and about me. I m the only one who has posted , not in this thread .. Pitt in 5!

Rangers dominated Pitt reg season. I knew it was not going to continue in PS cause rangers got a rep of chokin in PS

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep or no rep...he's clearly bringing his entire body through the crease...that is not gonna fly...
He has every right to go towards the crease, he did not come in head on, his speed and quickness which he possesses, 1sr round pick, Got passed his guy… what happens in any situation like that, something will always bounce off and go in a different direction, that’s science man. Cmon.

Kakko did everything right while dumolin did every thing wrong !

If you would ask any Pitt player they would absolutely agree they got the biggest break of the season.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong , he was shoved into crease , how do you not see that?

lol he was shoved, and his course was changed due to it… man, just stop.

No one player would ever want a player esp a goalie to be run over . Just stop!
You stop, I have it recorded and watched it many times, especially the overhead replay.

He was already in the crease moving laterally before the shove. All the shove did was knock him down in the same general direction he was already moving.

In addition, Kakko and Desmith collided partly because they were both going after the puck after the initial rebound. Once they got entangled, inertia did the rest.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stop, I have it recorded and watched it many times, especially the overhead replay.

He was already in the crease moving laterally before the shove. All the shove did was knock him down in the same general direction he was already moving.

In addition, Kakko and Desmith collided partly because they were both going after the puck after the initial rebound. Once they got entangled, inertia did the rest.
So you telling me a foul ball doesn’t come off the bat faster once contact is made?

I know I’m going to have to explain myself cause you don’t seem to see outside the box here ..

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What laughable , fans are even arguing the lindgren hit , and they don’t see eye to eye even after seeing it on tape…

The disallowed goal, was a bang bang play , and I believe it was judged wrong. For reasons stated.

Moving on now