• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First pre season poll out for 2019...

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 teams SEC
7 teams B1G Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska
4 PAC 12 Oregon, Washington, Utah, Washington State
3 Big 12 Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa State
2 ACC Clemson and Vtech
1 Independent
1 Group of 5 UCF

I thought the acc was down this year, but returning only two teams to the top 25 is hard to understand.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chomp.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the acc was down this year, but returning only two teams to the top 25 is hard to understand.
I think it'd harder to understand why it's VT. They were lucky to even make a bowl, and they're rebuilding on both sides of the ball.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody else has major questions

Syracuse loses Dungey and Devito has looked spotty at best when he's had to play.
Duke loses Daniel Jones.
NC State loses 18th year senior Ryan Finley
Pitt loses the only two offensive weapons they had in Hall and Ollison
GT, Miami and UNC are undergoing coaching changes
FSU may be a little better in year two of Taggart but they still have OL and QB troubles that aren't quick fixes.
BC loses their OC

The only other choice is UVA and even as bad as VT was this year on defense they still beat the French. I imagine that the logic is that Bud Foster isn't going to field that bad of a defense two years in a row based upon history. I can buy that.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/3/19

Does anybody worth a shit actually give a shit about these rankings?

For fucks sake. 9 months away from kickoff and we haven't even crowned a 2018 Champ.

i believe athlon did crown a champ

Nick Saban’s team will lose some key pieces off its 2018 team, but the Crimson Tide opens the offseason as the favorite to win it all once again.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much uncertainty for anyone. This is such a useless list we still don't know who is going to the NFL, who is transferring, or where some elite recruits are going.
I agree. And contrary to what naive and altruistic people think, where you start in the polls can impact a lot...unfortunately.

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'd harder to understand why it's VT. They were lucky to even make a bowl, and they're rebuilding on both sides of the ball.

They lose only three starters on offense and return their starting QB. The entire defense is intact except for two players. They weren't untalented. They were green and sorely lacking in depth, which caused all those second half meltdowns.

I don't think they should be ranked, either, but I can see why others view them favorably. They are far too consistently good to be unranked year after year after year. They didn't turn into Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana or Purdue...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lose only three starters on offense and return their starting QB. The entire defense is intact except for two players. They weren't untalented. They were green and sorely lacking in depth, which caused all those second half meltdowns.

I don't think they should be ranked, either, but I can see why others view them favorably. They are far too consistently good to be unranked year after year after year. They didn't turn into Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana or Purdue...
I thought I read that they're replacing 3-4 starters alone on the OL. At any rate, they looked punchless this year. Getting their bell rung throughout ACC play, and losing to ODU. They looked good against Duke and that was about it. Things just seem dire, and I'm wondering if Fuentes was the right guy, now that his guys are the ones on the team.