• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Pre-Season Game

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only pre-season, but being a die hard Packer fan and living in Phoenix, I am excited get to see the Packers live on TV....because they are playing the Cardinals. I usually only get to see them on Sunday night, Monday, or Thursday night games IF they are playing.....I usually have to go to a sports bar that is owned by a guy from Milwaukee with only a Packer's theme, but it is usually so packed that it is hard to hear and enjoy it. There is a huge fan base here, and the ones who do attend are rabid....

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jedster - I lived in Chandler, worked in Tempe, for almost 5 years. Loved it in the Southeast Valley.
Ahhh.....so you are familiar with the monsoon......one minute, blistering hot and dry, and the next minute, your car is floating away...lol.....

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only pre-season, but being a die hard Packer fan and living in Phoenix, I am excited get to see the Packers live on TV....because they are playing the Cardinals. I usually only get to see them on Sunday night, Monday, or Thursday night games IF they are playing.....I usually have to go to a sports bar that is owned by a guy from Milwaukee with only a Packer's theme, but it is usually so packed that it is hard to hear and enjoy it. There is a huge fan base here, and the ones who do attend are rabid....

I find this fascinating...Packer bars all over the country. My best bud lived in Charlotte for a while, and he ended up finding a couple Packer bars there. He's in the Tampa area now, and says the same thing...very easy to find a place to go that always has the game on. Very cool.

And then you have dumb-asses like me who live a couple miles from Lambeau and won't see the game because they couldn't get off work Friday night.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then you have dumb-asses like me who live a couple miles from Lambeau
and won't see the game because they couldn't get off work Friday night.

Where in Green Bay.. East or West side? I lived on East side for a year by East Town Mall... loved living in Green Bay. If I could live anywhere... Green Bay is the choice.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in Green Bay.. East or West side? I lived on East side for a year by East Town Mall... loved living in Green Bay. If I could live anywhere... Green Bay is the choice.

West. Near NWTC. I like it, but I think I'd rather live in DePere or Ashwaubenon, or even Allouez. Much nicer areas.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West. Near NWTC. I like it, but I think I'd rather live in DePere or Ashwaubenon, or even Allouez. Much nicer areas.

Agreed. The only neighborhood in GB proper I like is Astor Park. If I had to move back, it'd probably be DePere. I honestly couldn't wait to get out of GB, and rarely visit, but I am glad it exists and I had a lot of good times there.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope everybody remembers that preseason is a fake game with teams playing vanilla schemes against teams they minimally gameplan for if at all.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The only neighborhood in GB proper I like is Astor Park. If I had to move back, it'd probably be DePere. I honestly couldn't wait to get out of GB, and rarely visit, but I am glad it exists and I had a lot of good times there.

When I was younger I wanted to get out of Fox Cities as well... wanted to live in large metro areas. But after living around the States and in several large metro areas, I now prefer the smaller/mid size cities.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Wisconsin for 23 years, and I love the people and culture in the state....the only downfall was making it through those brutal winters (opposite, here, it is like living on the sun in comparison). I lived in Menomonee Falls, Appleton, and lastly Fond du Lac. I do love the desert southwest, but sometimes I do miss the fall colors and how quite it seems being outside while it snows....but I guess you can't have everything...lol

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope everybody remembers that preseason is a fake game with teams playing vanilla schemes against teams they minimally gameplan for if at all.
We do understand that Steve....in my case, I will take any semblance of a Packer game I can, because I rarely get to see them period.....but your point is taken.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do understand that Steve....in my case, I will take any semblance of a Packer game I can, because I rarely get to see them period.....but your point is taken.

My post was more directed to the folks who will go full on chicken little if the Cardinals for whatever reason happen to blow out the Packers in the game tomorrow. Not towards people who are excited to see the game.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Wisconsin for 23 years, and I love the people and culture in the state....the only downfall was making it through those brutal winters (opposite, here, it is like living on the sun in comparison). I lived in Menomonee Falls, Appleton, and lastly Fond du Lac. I do love the desert southwest, but sometimes I do miss the fall colors and how quite it seems being outside while it snows....but I guess you can't have everything...lol

I would definitely miss fall, but I drove through a dust devil in New Mexico and that was memorable.