• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First look at the Bears offseason (mock free agents and full draft)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another bites the dust.....and this is one of the bigger ones:

Notoriously slow in the first wave of free agency, the Seahawks have now agreed to sign Denver Broncos defensive tackle Dre'mont Jones to a three-year deal, worth $51 million. According to NFL's Ian Rapoport, Jones will receive $23.5 million this season.
Not to cry over spilled milk, which is what I'm about to do, but I wanted to revisit this because it kinda bugs me that we lost out on Jones, possibly due to the Edmunds signing. Not saying definitely, who knows what's going on behind the scenes on all this. But I couldn't help but wonder if instead of signing Edmunds, we landed both Jones and Okereke. Yes, the total cost of these two would have been $19m more than what it cost for Edmunds, but it would have given the Bears a solid player to plug the middle and we'd still have our other big hitting LB. Plus that would be one less position that needs to be addressed with our early picks.

I know, I know....
1678808709945.png

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside out is preferable but the opportunities that have presented themself to us so far in FA are at LB and WR…just what it is. Now we get some beef in the draft and see where it goes from there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought there was a possibility that we come out of this off-season playoff contenders and division title contenders if we played this off-season perfectly. That’s starting to look like it won’t be the case. All of the big time DLine FAs are gone and we are still lacking on the DLine and the oline needs help. It looks like we are going into the draft with glaring needs. That makes our position slightly weaker and more transparent to the rest of the league. If anyone wants Carter or Skoronski/Campbell, they know they have to jump us.

I’m torn on this too. I am glad he’s not overpaying for players because they play a position we need right now. It looks like either Poles has his sights set on the future or simply the players didn’t want to come here. Based on what I’ve read, it seems like he thought McGlinchey was a sure thing and then struck out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I spent much of yesterday and into today kinda scratching my head over the two linebacker signings when I thought we could get one LB and perhaps a DT for just a little bit more $$, this article sheds some light why Poles went after the two LBs, and my guess is Coach Flus had some influence with these moves:

As the game continues to evolve, the role of LB these days has become more diverse than simply being good hitters. Gotta say, the grades these two received for their pass coverage skills - Edmunds in particular - are impressive. And as the article suggests, the best days for both could still lie ahead. Still hoping we can sign an OT before calling it a free agency, but for now I'm seeing the bigger picture in the long term game plan.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m torn on this too. I am glad he’s not overpaying for players because they play a position we need right now. It looks like either Poles has his sights set on the future or simply the players didn’t want to come here. Based on what I’ve read, it seems like he thought McGlinchey was a sure thing and then struck out.
What I've read is Poles was very much interested in signing McGlinchey, but for a smaller annual salary and especially for a lesser guaranteed amount - the latter in particular being a sticking point. Once he heard the numbers Denver was offering he said thanks but no thanks. And as much as I'd love to snag an OT, I agree with him bagging on this one.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing on the freeagenccy front today.......??.......hmm bummer

Wow,wouldve thought someone wouldve signed......

Have not seen any news about Orlando Brown either......anyone think Poles maybe playing it out a bit to mak him sweat a little in hopes of he may take a little less.....
Not sure if any other teams out there has enough money for what he wants......
Must be large if KC is wanting to trade for Tunsil and signing Taylor..........have not seen any news on that trade either.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors circulate Orlando Brown appear getting closer to Chicago. Man this would be HUGE.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some DJ Moore film analysis.

And some footage of DJ vs Diggs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears showing interest in Austen Eckeler trade

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, RT Kaleb McGary is about to re-up with the Falcons for a 3/34.5 contract - that's less than 12 per year. Sheesh.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, RT Kaleb McGary is about to re-up with the Falcons for a 3/34.5 contract - that's less than 12 per year. Sheesh.

Definetley missed out......not sure what they are thinking......

OB is still a good possibilty tho,hearing we have more money than any other team.......I thought it was around 50 mill.......could be wrong tho.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definetley missed out......not sure what they are thinking......

OB is still a good possibilty tho,hearing we have more money than any other team.......I thought it was around 50 mill.......could be wrong tho.
Well, he's about the only big name OT left. Over The Cap has the Bears currently at around $45 mil in cap space. Second most is Atlanta at $39 mil, but this figure might not yet be taking into account the McGary signing. Unless something develops out of left field and we sign Brown, it's looking like Poles will be going OL with the 9th pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's about the only big name OT left. Over The Cap has the Bears currently at around $45 mil in cap space. Second most is Atlanta at $39 mil, but this figure might not yet be taking into account the McGary signing. Unless something develops out of left field and we sign Brown, it's looking like Poles will be going OL with the 9th pick.

I tend to think so too.......
With the signing of McGary,Atlanta I think will take Carter,especially being hes right there in town......
Sure hope so......