• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Game...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time I will root for Seattle all year...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Whatever Rich. I played Division I and I can attest from what I had seen... Teams are always cheating the rules. If coaches get caught up in that shit they are partially responsible. Blaming the NCAA for the faults of a coach or player's poor behavior is fucking stupid. Is the NCAA dirty? Yep, just as you pointed out. But coaches and players have a responsibility to follow the rules, regardless if the governing body is corrupt or not. Just like in the NFL.

I played Division I baseball, and maybe it's different. I'm sure it is.

Fair enough. I just think the rules and regulations from the NCAA are absurd, and it's just… ludicrous what is asked of from these coaches and players.

I just have empathy for the coaches that get caught up in that stuff, I don't think they were "right" necessarily. But Carroll's place is in the NFL, and he's proven to be quite a likable character over the past 9-10 months or so. Since the playoff run. He seems like he'd be a fun coach to play for. It's obvious the Seahawks buy into what he's preaching, and play their butts off for him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don`t think GB will win.
And if the SB last year was any indication by the way manhandled Denver`s offense,no way in hell GB goes out of there with a win.
Manning and co. has a better off. than GB...........

And I`m effinetley tired of Sherman and Lynch.
the rest of the team is ok........

I was tired of Russell Wilson the moment I looked at his stupid face, and listened to his robotic-like phony interviews with the press. Where he spits out perfect pre-rehearsed lines that he probably went over with his publicist 100x over.

There's something just… odd about that guy. Anyone who is that perfect with the media, is hiding something. Or… best-case scenario, he's just a gigantic boner, who is boring as all hell. And I still will root against him.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played Division I baseball, and maybe it's different. I'm sure it is.

Fair enough. I just think the rules and regulations from the NCAA are absurd, and it's just… ludicrous what is asked of from these coaches and players.

I just have empathy for the coaches that get caught up in that stuff, I don't think they were "right" necessarily. But Carroll's place is in the NFL, and he's proven to be quite a likable character over the past 9-10 months or so. Since the playoff run. He seems like he'd be a fun coach to play for. It's obvious the Seahawks buy into what he's preaching, and play their butts off for him.

Okay, I see your point.

Fair enough.

:suds:

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers vs Seahawks will come down to how well Green Bay can hold I mean block Seattle's line especially with a rookie 5th round center.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don`t think GB will win.
And if the SB last year was any indication by the way manhandled Denver`s offense,no way in hell GB goes out of there with a win.
Manning and co. has a better off. than GB...........

And I`m effinetley tired of Sherman and Lynch.
the rest of the team is ok........

I think you're looking at it too simply. Manning and company might have been a better offense last year, but Rodgers offense is close to as good, and is also a lot different. Denver's offense was a quick passing offense. Rodgers likes to hold onto the ball and find the play downfield. Rodgers is also much more mobile than manning allowing him more time to do this. I think Green Bay has a good chance. I'm not writing their offense off just yet.