• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Game...

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on the NFL opening game? Packers vs Seattle...

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course, most importantly, Buffalo vs Da Bears?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers vs Seattle will be fun to watch. I think Seattle wins at home, but I honestly would not mind seeing Rodgers shut that stupid crowd up. I'd love to see Seahawks fans open the season looking like guppies in shock with their mouths open without a sound. They will be looking for revenge after that terrible call from the substitute referees.

As for the bears, I read that Palmer signed with the Bills and his first meeting will probably be with the bills dc. That may cause a few problems for our offense, but hopefully not enough. I think it's a great warm up game for our defense. That offense should be terrible. I think this game is very winnable for us.

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SeaHags are annoying to me but I'm their biggest fan Thursday night!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just gonna remember, no matter how good Julius Peppers looks, he was not worth 18 million dollars.

Anyone that plays the packers is the usual other team I want to win every week, but I would sure like to see someone shut up Sherman.

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...due to the salary cap and CBA the league is strictly a numbers game. Players are either worth their current contract or they are not.

There aren't too many teams that make the mistakes that Dallas did when the salary cap first came into existence. Most teams now now exactly when they are going to cut or extend a player when they offer the contract. Is Peppers still a positive impact player...yes...is he still a game changer...no....is he worth 18M....hell no.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to defend Jerry too much, but Dallas knew after the strike they had a one time chance to buy a roster with no cap implications. Redskins spent foolishly too, Bears spent as well, just not so foolishly. Teams are worth billions of dollars, the cap is trying to keep it an equal playing field, but I am pretty sure if there was no cap the same teams like Washington and Dallas would try to buy a team that still wouldnt win a super bowl.

The biggest problem I have with this Emery regime is how easy it is for him to make every one of his current signees, Cutler, Jennings, Slausen, Gould the exact same problem they just had with peppers and deferring all this money. Even when we draft well he still signs big deals with Slausen. Just cant help to think its all going down that same road, we just hope the players are done so we wont miss them, but the dead money will still be here keeping us a step behind unless a couple starters are drafted every year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Green Bay goes in Seattle and pulls it out. I don't know why, but it's just a feeling. I think Seattle is getting a bit too cocky, and the Packers offense could have just the right ingredients to shut them up. Green Bay has actually faired well in Seattle recently, and only lost in 2012 on a flukey hail mary.

I think the Bears handle the Bills, but the opening game scares me every year, because you never really know what to expect. As long as we can keep Spiller and Jackson even somewhat in check, I can't see Manuel and that offense beating us. Especially with Watkins probably out.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Pack win on Thursday, to be honest. In reality, every game in an NFL divisional race matters, but jeez… I'm sick of that pompous fan base and every one talking about how good they are. I take it back… I hope Seattle wins, but if Green Bay obliterates them… I won't exactly be crying myself to sleep.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sht Rich I hope your way off. We have a tough tough schedule early and need GB to lose that one. GB's offense can flat out play, and now run for tough yards. But I don't see how they can stops SEA's offense. I got a feeling Seattle creams GB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Seattle at home against GB's shitty D all day.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sht Rich I hope your way off. We have a tough tough schedule early and need GB to lose that one. GB's offense can flat out play, and now run for tough yards. But I don't see how they can stops SEA's offense. I got a feeling Seattle creams GB.

GB plays virtually the same schedule we do. Just saying.

I can't see Seattle beating the hell out of GB. Not a healthy GB fresh out of the gate.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh… yeah, screw it. Go Seattle. I don't know what I was thinking. I just really don't like that team and their fans. Even if Pete Carroll has grown on me.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh… yeah, screw it. Go Seattle. I don't know what I was thinking. I just really don't like that team and their fans. Even if Pete Carroll has grown on me.
I refuse to root for Pete Carroll.

I will, however, root against Green Bay.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to root for Pete Carroll.

I will, however, root against Green Bay.

Me too. Pete Carroll is dirty and has a track record that is mired with scandals, but the media seems to ignore his misgivings.

And GB... Fuck 'em.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Pete Carroll is dirty and has a track record that is mired with scandals, but the media seems to ignore his misgivings.

And GB... Fuck 'em.

It's the NCAA that's dirty. Give me a break. Most corrupt organization in sports, by far.

I don't blame any of those coaches who have been caught up in that shit.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the NCAA that's dirty. Give me a break. Most corrupt organization in sports, by far.

I don't blame any of those coaches who have been caught up in that shit.

:scratch:

Whatever Rich. I played Division I and I can attest from what I had seen... Teams are always cheating the rules. If coaches get caught up in that shit they are partially responsible. Blaming the NCAA for the faults of a coach or player's poor behavior is fucking stupid. Is the NCAA dirty? Yep, just as you pointed out. But coaches and players have a responsibility to follow the rules, regardless if the governing body is corrupt or not. Just like in the NFL.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just gonna remember, no matter how good Julius Peppers looks, he was not worth 18 million dollars.

Anyone that plays the packers is the usual other team I want to win every week, but I would sure like to see someone shut up Sherman.

Here here..........But not Thursday tho.lol

I never want the Pack to win.If we are to win the division,they need to lose.

ps........Not sure what I despise more...........sherman`s trash talking or Aaron Rodgers dumb championship belt signature.:gaah:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Green Bay goes in Seattle and pulls it out. I don't know why, but it's just a feeling. I think Seattle is getting a bit too cocky, and the Packers offense could have just the right ingredients to shut them up. Green Bay has actually faired well in Seattle recently, and only lost in 2012 on a flukey hail mary.

I think the Bears handle the Bills, but the opening game scares me every year, because you never really know what to expect. As long as we can keep Spiller and Jackson even somewhat in check, I can't see Manuel and that offense beating us. Especially with Watkins probably out.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Pack win on Thursday, to be honest. In reality, every game in an NFL divisional race matters, but jeez… I'm sick of that pompous fan base and every one talking about how good they are. I take it back… I hope Seattle wins, but if Green Bay obliterates them… I won't exactly be crying myself to sleep.

Well I don`t think GB will win.
And if the SB last year was any indication by the way manhandled Denver`s offense,no way in hell GB goes out of there with a win.
Manning and co. has a better off. than GB...........

And I`m effinetley tired of Sherman and Lynch.
the rest of the team is ok........