• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Game you remember, First you went to.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok people lets list the First Seahawks game you remember and the first game you went to.

i remember the win in 1977 against Buffalo at the Kongdom, this was when Jim Zorn and Largent became my first Childhood Hero's. They scored over 50 points in that game.

First game a i went to was in 1986 against the Jets and they beat the heck out of the Hawks 38-7. Game wasn't even as close as the score. What i remember about that game other than how everyone seemed to be wide open for Ken O'Brian was how LOUD it was even when the Hawks were down 30 points you just couldn't hear anyone not even the announcers. That game started off good with a TD by Turner in the first quarter to take a 7-3 lead, then the Jets EXPLODED in the 2nd. Gale Gilbert was the Hawks QB for that game.

FIRST I REMEMBER
I would love to say it was the first game they played, but i was to young still.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I remember:

The Monday Night Football game against the Bills in 1989 (12/4). I don't remember a lot about the game (I was 8), but my parents went to the game hoping to see Largent score his 100th TD (he didn't, he scored it the next week). The only play I even remember from the game was Largent mishandling the PAT snap and running the ball in for the score (only 1 point back then).

First game I have been to:

Unfortunately, I have never been to a game in person.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I have been to:

Unfortunately, I have never been to a game in person.

WOAH!!! ok i don't care WHAT you have to do, you HAVE TO GO TO A GAME! Can't even call yourself a fan until you do lol.

Someone for the love of God take this guy to a game. I would but i wont be going to any more games this year. :(

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOAH!!! ok i don't care WHAT you have to do, you HAVE TO GO TO A GAME! Can't even call yourself a fan until you do lol.

Expensive. Not to mention I suffer from a severe case of agoraphobia (fear of crowds), and I'm pretty sure that it's crowded there. I've always dreamed of going, but sometimes dreams just aren't that good for you in real life....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
expensive? yeah but it's something you HAVE TO DO AT LEAST ONCE! Someone around you or that you know has a ticket for you, Just ask around. If they find out you have NEVER been i bet they take you for free if it's a friend. Crowded yes and i hate crowds also but for some reason it's more like a large family when you are at the game. I avoid crowds like the plague but i never have any issues at the game. Leaving is another issue all together. lol

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1995 loss at home to the chargers was my first experience seeing a game live. I think i still have the ticket somewhere

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first game I remember watching the most was the game against KC in 1983... Hawks won a shootout 51-48 while reaching their first postseason in franchise history...

First game I went to was in 1985 when the Super Bound NE Patriots came to town...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first game I remember watching the most was the game against KC in 1983... Hawks won a shootout 51-48 while reaching their first postseason in franchise history...

First game I went to was in 1985 when the Super Bound NE Patriots came to town...

Man am I old. That game was in my second year of university, and it was on at the same time as the Grey Cup. I was living in University residence at the time, and kept switching the TV room game to the Seahawks game and getting yelled at.

It was worth it though. Derrick Thomas almost sets the NFL record for sacks in a game, has Kreig in his hands as he throws the winning TD to Paul Skansi as time expires.

---

So my memories of the first games are kinda fuzzy. My Dad and I started watching them on Spokane cable. I remember bits and pieces of games, like Efren Herrera throwing a TD pass on Monday night.

Don't even remember the first game I went to EXACTLY, because we started a tradition of going to the least pre-season game of the summer (vs Oakland for ages), since my father was a teacher, and it was a 13 - 15 hour drive. I went to the Kingdom a couple of times, to UW once, and have been once to the new yard.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Game i have Memories off is SB XXXVI. I heard everyone around me including my best friend at the time saying Rams win. I was saying Patriots.

1st Seahawks memory: I'm sorry but...

1st game i went to. I can't remember the year(I think it was 06). I remember it was a Snowy Monday Night Vs the Packers.

I've been to a 09 game vs the 49ers as well

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I remember (I believe) was a 1986 game against the Patriots. I think it was the first game I saw on TV (I was 4). I asked if the blue team was the Patriots (live in New England), and was told no, it was the Seahawks. My 4-year-old brain decided I wanted them to win. They did, I asked for a Seahawks shirt for Christmas that year, got it (back when that kind of thing was hard), and was a fan for life.

First game I can really remember watching was the 10-9 win over the Patriots in 1993. I believe Mirer hit Brian Blades for the GWTD. I was extra excited because Blades was my favored receiver in Tecmo Super Bowl.

I have been to the following games live:
2001, Week 15 - @ NYG - Loss 24-27
2004, Week 6 - @NE - Loss, 20-30
2005, Week 4 - @WAS - Loss, 17-20 (Josh Brown hits the upright at the end of regulation)
2008, Week 14 - vs NE - Loss, 21-24 (Seneca Wallace vs Matt Cassel, aka the only game Deion Branch showed up for during his Seattle stint)
2010, Week 4 - @STL - Loss, 3-20 (Their first loss to the Rams since 2004)
2016, Week 10 - @NE - WIN, 31-24

85% of the reason I didn't try for tickets to SBXLVIII was cost, but 15% was because I was pretty sure I was a jinx

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st game I can remember was watching Penn playing someone. Pancho Messier was the Penn QB. The 1st NFL game I remember vividly watching was the Chiefs and Vikings Superbowl.
The 1st live game I went to was the Penn/Cornell game when Ed Marinaro was playing for Cornell. The game was at Franklin Field.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to my first game in 1976, Seahawks vs the Cowboys. Don't remember much about the game, I know the Seahawks lost, but that was expected. Me and my brothers had driven from Idaho to watch the game, know I had a good time and we would try to see a few games every fall before the snow hit.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I remember watching was in 1992 when they beat the Broncos at home with Stan Gelbaugh as the QB. First game I ever went to was in 1999, Holmgren's first year and they beat the Raiders at home 22-21. Raiders missed a FG as time expired! Good ole Kitna was the QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I went too was preseason game at Husky Stadium. First regular season game I went too was the snowy Monday night game in Philly when Seattle gave them their worst home loss 40-0.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I remember (I believe) was a 1986 game against the Patriots. I think it was the first game I saw on TV (I was 4). I asked if the blue team was the Patriots (live in New England), and was told no, it was the Seahawks. My 4-year-old brain decided I wanted them to win. They did, I asked for a Seahawks shirt for Christmas that year, got it (back when that kind of thing was hard), and was a fan for life.

First game I can really remember watching was the 10-9 win over the Patriots in 1993. I believe Mirer hit Brian Blades for the GWTD. I was extra excited because Blades was my favored receiver in Tecmo Super Bowl.

I have been to the following games live:
2001, Week 15 - @ NYG - Loss 24-27
2004, Week 6 - @NE - Loss, 20-30
2005, Week 4 - @WAS - Loss, 17-20 (Josh Brown hits the upright at the end of regulation)
2008, Week 14 - vs NE - Loss, 21-24 (Seneca Wallace vs Matt Cassel, aka the only game Deion Branch showed up for during his Seattle stint)
2010, Week 4 - @STL - Loss, 3-20 (Their first loss to the Rams since 2004)
2016, Week 10 - @NE - WIN, 31-24

85% of the reason I didn't try for tickets to SBXLVIII was cost, but 15% was because I was pretty sure I was a jinx

Jinx ?? yeah i say stop watching the Hawks with your record lol :P

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remember too many details of the games as I was a little tyke, but I remember crowding around Grandpa's "big" TV for the first game ever with my dad and my uncles. It became a tradition to watch the game with Grandpa throughout the early years.

I remember being a big David Sims fan as a little kid.

While I do remember a lot of Zorn and Largent stuff from the early years, the first play that I actually remember vividly is Efren Herrera waddling up the side lines like an oil barrel on legs for a 20+ yard gain on a fake field goal which led to a TD and a victory over the Falcons on their first Monday night game! It was a spectacular sight, and only the drunken mind of Jack Patera would think to throw it to possibly the most unathletic player ever to don the uniform like that! If you as a Seahawk fan have not seen it, then you should check it out.

Also don't remember too much about the first game I went to. Probably '77(? Maybe 78?). I remember it was in the Kingdome, and they played the Chiefs and they lost. That is about it though.