• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Rivera And Del Rio No Point Keeping Them

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old school coaches. Who ever we get as head coach I hope it aint an old retread like Dallas got in McCarthy or these other teams that aren't willing to take a gamble on new blood.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be planning NOW for next year, meaning a new GM whose job is the 2024 draft and free agency starting today.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to structure the Commanders like a basketball franchise?!?!

Huh?

12 players vs 53 and a practice squad
82 vs 16 games
25K vs 80K in attendance at each game
2 round vs 7 round draft

Makes total sense.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to structure the Commanders like a basketball franchise?!?!

Huh?

12 players vs 53 and a practice squad
82 vs 16 games
25K vs 80K in attendance at each game
2 round vs 7 round draft

Makes total sense.
I am not panicking, but I would say that those comments are concerning if true.

I love the innovation and complete cleaning up of the snyder nonsense...to a point.

I don't think every player needs to be traded or run out of town of course.

If Elton brand is advising harris and owners, I would simply say that is odd.

Again, I am simply waiting for the season to end and I think harris is as well.

The fireworks should start black Monday.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Harris was a wrestler.

He has experience owning a basketball and a hockey team.

I made a post the other night about who might be traded once the year is over. You can say so and so ... and so and so are good players but they have not proven that. I also told everyone months ago this might be a total rebuild. Much like Harris did with the Sixers and Devils. I think it is not JUST the coaches, I believe players are guilty too. The smart Redskin players that left when they did and went onto greater success.

duke I find it odd that you are ready to accept anything Magic says but not some other NBA player.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Harris was a wrestler.

He has experience owning a basketball and a hockey team.

I made a post the other night about who might be traded once the year is over. You can say so and so ... and so and so are good players but they have not proven that. I also told everyone months ago this might be a total rebuild. Much like Harris did with the Sixers and Devils. I think it is not JUST the coaches, I believe players are guilty too. The smart Redskin players that left when they did and went onto greater success.

duke I find it odd that you are ready to accept anything Magic says but not some other NBA player.
Well, there is a reason for that. It is because I am a dodgers fan and magic was part of the guggenheim group that bought the dodgers in 2012.

Magic said the same type of stuff he did here like " I will recruit free agents to play here". He is more of the hype guy with LA as Kasten is the baseball brains of the owner group. Magic is clearly involved in the team and is the most vocal owner.

Since the guggenheim group, including magic, bought the dodgers, they have won the NL West 10 times since then. They got the WC in 2021.
They have been to 3 world series and won it all 2020.

This isn't a response that is meant to brag on the dodgers, but to say that magic is apart of the best run baseball team there is IMO. Magic probably knows little to nothing about playing the game. I could be wrong.

All I can say is that when magic and the guggenheim group bought the dodgers, it has been 10 years of success.

I hope magic can be part of the same thing here and help contribute to the dominance that LA is enjoying. He helped with the turnaround there, hopefully he has some magic left...

He has 100% of my trust after being apart of the miracle that resurrected the dodgers

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is a reason for that. It is because I am a dodgers fan and magic was part of the guggenheim group that bought the dodgers in 2012.

Magic said the same type of stuff he did here like " I will recruit free agents to play here". He is more of the hype guy with LA as Kasten is the baseball brains of the owner group. Magic is clearly involved in the team and is the most vocal owner.

Since the guggenheim group, including magic, bought the dodgers, they have won the NL West 10 times since then. They got the WC in 2021.
They have been to 3 world series and won it all 2020.

This isn't a response that is meant to brag on the dodgers, but to say that magic is apart of the best run baseball team there is IMO. Magic probably knows little to nothing about playing the game. I could be wrong.

All I can say is that when magic and the guggenheim group bought the dodgers, it has been 10 years of success.

I hope magic can be part of the same thing here and help contribute to the dominance that LA is enjoying. He helped with the turnaround there, hopefully he has some magic left...

He has 100% of my trust after being apart of the miracle that resurrected the dodgers
Magic is my favorite basketball player ever slightly above Kareem..

Magic has great skills, was a lousy coach though. His expertise is finding guys that really want to be here and making them accountable. I like that.

My great fear and I have told you this before is some of you are going poo poo on the new guy without giving him a chance. He has proved he has good ownership skills in other sports.

If he wants to trade players that have under performed I am good with that. Will it work? Maybe not.

Will Harris get it right the first time ... maybe not. But I am going to support him. I will also. I will also be watching for chronic bitchers. Not saying you are one. Just saying give the guy a chance.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think sixers fans are big fans of josh harris, and only recently - as in last year - were the devils good.

Just saying…

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t panic. Harris is doing what he should be doing. Exploring all options and talking to those he knows and trust. He is looking at the bigger picture. Sportster is right, there are only a few who are safe this off-season. the next few years may be painful for a fan, rebuilding usually takes a couple years.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is my favorite basketball player ever slightly above Kareem..

Magic has great skills, was a lousy coach though. His expertise is finding guys that really want to be here and making them accountable. I like that.

My great fear and I have told you this before is some of you are going poo poo on the new guy without giving him a chance. He has proved he has good ownership skills in other sports.

If he wants to trade players that have under performed I am good with that. Will it work? Maybe not.

Will Harris get it right the first time ... maybe not. But I am going to support him. I will also. I will also be watching for chronic bitchers. Not saying you are one. Just saying give the guy a chance.
For sure.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

I simply find the approach odd. Maybe it's true..maybe it's not.

I am not complaining nor expecting a superbowl next year.

Whatever approach to get the job done. He can consult the Easter Bunny for all I care.

I would like kbso to comment as he is more of an nba guy than I am. He stated that brand is not really the decision maker in Philly and Morey is.

My guess is that harris is asking about GM duties and what to look for?

Perhaps harris is looking at the nba president and gm structure that is more common. That is that the president plans the overall strategy with being the major decision maker and the GM executes the day to day duties.

The wizards do that with winger and dawkins, apparently the 76ers do with Morey and Brand, and I believe the pelicans do with griffin and Langdon.

Just my thoughts.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screenshot_20231117_090804_Google.jpg

Not sure why Harris is asking Brand for advice. He's basically a figurehead. Morey makes all the basketball decisions. Harden got traded because of Morey not Brand.

Maybe Harris wants to hire a President of Football Ops and a GM. A situation where the GM is basically the lead scout but the President of Football ops has final say.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 346420

Not sure why Harris is asking Brand for advice. He's basically a figurehead. Morey makes all the basketball decisions. Harden got traded because of Morey not Brand.

Maybe Harris wants to hire a President of Football Ops and a GM. A situation where the GM is basically the lead scout but the President of Football ops has final say.
Right...that is what I said exactly.

I would have thought he would have talked with Morey if he talked with anybody. Perhaps he did?

I am thinking he is exploring the nba front office structure and contemplating if it could work in the nfl maybe?

I am not panicking or calling out harris, it is not an approach I thought he would take. At the end of the day, he is clearly doing his research.

Maybe the president of football would be the traditional GM, with the GM being an assistant GM?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all have
Right...that is what I said exactly.

I would have thought he would have talked with Morey if he talked with anybody. Perhaps he did?

I am thinking he is exploring the nba front office structure and contemplating if it could work in the nfl maybe?

I am not panicking or calling out harris, it is not an approach I thought he would take. At the end of the day, he is clearly doing his research.

Maybe the president of football would be the traditional GM, with the GM being an assistant GM?
I think we all have to take a breath and understand that Harris is just a guy that bought a football team. He's not Dan, but I'm sure he'll make mistakes along the way like all the other owners have. I am not expecting him to be perfect and I am not expecting to agree with everything he does.

I just want normal. If he can give me that I'm good. Normal gives us a fighting chance. We had no chance for sustained success under Dan.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all have
I think we all have to take a breath and understand that Harris is just a guy that bought a football team. He's not Dan, but I'm sure he'll make mistakes along the way like all the other owners have. I am not expecting him to be perfect and I am not expecting to agree with everything he does.

I just want normal. If he can give me that I'm good. Normal gives us a fighting chance. We had no chance for sustained success under Dan.
Seems like hiring a consultant might be a good start if there is confusion on steps to be taken.

The good news is that steps are being taken to explore how a front office is structured. I would rather those discussions be had instead of black Monday.