• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Holmgren

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was second most optimistic :)

But I've been saying the defense was vastly underrated for over a year. They have two bona-fide nhl dmen that are healthy scratches right now.

Agreed Awaz the depth is great but with the loss of Pronger they are missing that one stud dman. Every good team has one but the Flyers have to do it by committee. I hope it works but on a good note if a guy like Streit is one of your worst that's not too shabby. Either way Homer has had a plan but you can't predict injuries even Mez was supposed to be better...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Awaz the depth is great but with the loss of Pronger they are missing that one stud dman. Every good team has one but the Flyers have to do it by committee. I hope it works but on a good note if a guy like Streit is one of your worst that's not too shabby. Either way Homer has had a plan but you can't predict injuries even Mez was supposed to be better...

See I think timonen does plenty to be considered a number 1. He was 6th (ish) in dman points last year on a bad flyers team. They don't have anyone to replace him but I'm pretty sure he's a bionic man and will play til he's 67. He'll just start slow, every year.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Timonen falls into the #1B defensemen category in my opinion. He's not quite in that top 10 game changing defensemen category, but certainly is a top pairing caliber guy. He's a horse, can play big minutes, and is an absolute stud, even in his late 30s, but I don't think he changes a game quite the same way the Weber, Chara, Doughty type players do. Can Timonen be that number 1 guy to help a team win a cup? Probably. But I think Timonen shines at his absolute best when he can be the 1B on the team behind a stud. (ala Pronger-Timonen as your top 2 from 2009-11)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timonen falls into the #1B defensemen category in my opinion. He's not quite in that top 10 game changing defensemen category, but certainly is a top pairing caliber guy. He's a horse, can play big minutes, and is an absolute stud, even in his late 30s, but I don't think he changes a game quite the same way the Weber, Chara, Doughty type players do. Can Timonen be that number 1 guy to help a team win a cup? Probably. But I think Timonen shines at his absolute best when he can be the 1B on the team behind a stud. (ala Pronger-Timonen as your top 2 from 2009-11)

Couldn't have said it better myself Woot but at the same time it's not impossible to win a cup with the Dmen they have now. It would just be easier with a lock down stud playing half the game. Hopefully Morins that guy but he's a few years away by the looks of it.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Philly AGM Ron Hextall has...been rumored to be a candidate for the vacant Buffalo job."

Hear that ticking sound, Paul?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Philly AGM Ron Hextall has...been rumored to be a candidate for the vacant Buffalo job."

Hear that ticking sound, Paul?

If the Flyers let Hexy go elsewhere FFS

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, had to look up "FFS". Showing my age...