• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Holmgren

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmgren has sort of wrung his hands of this mess by stating before the New Jersey game that it is up to the players to play and score goals and play defense. WTH???

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In many ways, by not producing players are:
a) reducing their trade value because of performance and possibly percieved attitude issues
b) reducing the teams trading ability because everyone in the league knows how impatient and desperate to win they are.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea wbon22. I think there is a covert power struggle going on here as the players quietly try to assert that Holmgren must be shown the door while someone signing his check disagrees. These types of cancers usually result in the weakening of a team and losing becomes the norm. Classic example, Kobe, Dwight Howard, and Mike D'Antoni with the Lakers last year. There are stories emerging on how the rift between Kobe combining with D'Antoni having a major rift with Howard destroyed any team chemistry and the Lakers basically limped through the season. In the Flyers case, the players may be be having a rift with Holmgren and they are basically limping through this season.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"MacTavish and Lowe (Edm) were reportedly scouting the Flyers/Carolina game in person."

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea wbon22. I think there is a covert power struggle going on here as the players quietly try to assert that Holmgren must be shown the door while someone signing his check disagrees. These types of cancers usually result in the weakening of a team and losing becomes the norm. Classic example, Kobe, Dwight Howard, and Mike D'Antoni with the Lakers last year. There are stories emerging on how the rift between Kobe combining with D'Antoni having a major rift with Howard destroyed any team chemistry and the Lakers basically limped through the season. In the Flyers case, the players may be be having a rift with Holmgren and they are basically limping through this season.

I dont see how Holmgren is responsible for so many of our best players not having a goal. He is responsible for putting this team together however what other GM knew guys like Gee would be held scoreless this long into the season.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how Holmgren is responsible for so many of our best players not having a goal. He is responsible for putting this team together however what other GM knew guys like Gee would be held scoreless this long into the season.

A GM is responsible for ensuring that the team has a coach who can coach in today's NHL, and is responsible for putting together a roster that fits said coaches system. In this regard, Holmgren has failed. He failed to acquire the players needed to run Lavy's up-tempo system, then hired a coach and made a trade as if this were still the 1970's. He's failed at his job, plain and simple. Is it ALL on him? No. You're right, the players have some accountability, too. However, this team is flat out poorly constructed and changes are needed. Period. Personally, I don't think Holmgren is the guy to make those changes. He's done enough for us already (sarcasm).

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know others have pointed this out...
Holmgren is responsible for the overall team and organization's development. He is responsible for not addressing the obvious drift in this team last season and offseason and allowing the disorganized counter productive camp that Lappy "ran" before doing anything (and then only with the prompting of Snider).
Holmgren is responsible for consistently bringing in players who did not match his coaches system, for constantly swinging for the fences in his signings/trades instead of just putting the puck in play.

Holmgren has done some shrewd things as a GM. He did a pretty good job as the Asst GM and director of Player development in years gone by...but don't make any mistake. This is his team, his coach and he is responsible for this mess.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game tonight was the worst of it all - they did nothing offensively - Homer has to be fired at some point here soon

Flyers have exausted every option except one thing: firing the GM

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching whatever that was, I am so disgusted I have little to add that could be construed as positive with any stretch of the imagination.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, truly can't believe this is happening. The clock is definitely ticking right now. If this team doesn't get it together by the end of the month, either Homer will gut the team or Snider will fire Homer and then Hextall will gut the team. Everything will get blown to pieces and we'll be 100% in rebuilding mode.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I still don't think it will come to that. It's unheard of to fire a GM at this point in the season and I have faith that G is going to lead this team of out of this mess. While he didn't record a point tonight, he won 68.8% of his draws and was the most physical player out on the ice all night long. When he plays with that extra edge is when he's at his best or on the verge of breaking out. I look for more of the same against the Oilers, this time with point production.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pay money...not so much my money...to know what G and Snider were discussing.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pay money...not so much my money...to know what G and Snider were discussing.

Speaking of money, I'm sure it had a lot to do with the $66.2 million owed to Giroux across the next eight seasons, an increase of $4.5 million per season from what he's currently making.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The incredibly frustrating thing is that, as many have said, this team is not THAT bad, or should not be. There is simply something/someone who is just toxic to the on ice performance. Is it a double standard that is carried to an extreme? Is it a players reaction to players not being resigned/traded?
Both Lavy and Berube have benched players and cut ice time based on their perception of effort and results. That is a coaches job. What neither did/have done is do this across the board. Hartnell was one of Lavvy's favorite targets. At the same time other players walked through games (they have since been traded). Luke Schenn sits in favor of Mez, at the same time 2/3 of the forwards simply stand without moving their feet and get run out again and again on the powerplay.

Oh well, it is a sad sad state of affairs.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I don't have faith in anyone to step their game up - where's the evidence to prove so? This is almost a month and a half slump to start the season, even if they get it going in a couple of weeks it will be way too late

You can't win a championship in the first month but you can sure lose it, and the Flyers are definitely losing it

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mez is crap!! That guy is a fucking joke. When Jagr stole the puck, the whole devil bench laughed at Mez.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mez is crap!! That guy is a fucking joke. When Jagr stole the puck, the whole devil bench laughed at Mez.

I thought we were going to get rid of him to clear cap space what happened to that.